The Falkirk FC Thread

I've got the fear Telfer's going to be played at RW
Mercer will have to be some fucking player then, since Telfer will need him constantly on the overlap if we are to have any width whatsoever down that side, and will also offer precisely f**k all help defensively

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Concerns me that we may end up with the same shambles that occurred in hughes's  first full season in charge with hundreds of midfielders signed and feck all else. Squad needs to be balanced .

Goalkeeper - Defender with a bit of versatility - Center forward with pace x 2 minimum. We have enough old heads in the squad and signing should be in the 20-25 age bracket.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I genuinely dont like launching abuse at Falkirk players. I have loathed a few over the years but always had a degree of sympathy for them or whatever. I dont think I can watch Telfer and get behind him though. Genuinely think it's a joke that he is still here. Would think that if he was under contract, but to have actually offered him a new one rather than saying thanks and bye.... Fucking hell.

Never thought Charlie Telfer would be the alter at which I'd have to sacrifice my love for Lee Miller but another incident like the Raith game on top if being a cowardly non entity for another season will probably do it for me.

The absolute best I can say for Telfer is that I am willing to hold it in and see if he tips up this season with a better attitude, but will be inwardly seething as soon as he takes the field.

It's almost as if 'signing whoever looked half decent against our dung, relegated outfit' was a spectacularly bad transfer strategy all along. And Telfer will never improve his attitude, that's the main reason why he was at Morton in the first place and then joined McKinnon's travelling band of mercenary failures in the seaside leagues. 

Your only hope is that he'll choose to link up with them again at Queen's Park.

It's almost as if 'signing whoever looked half decent against our dung, relegated outfit' was a spectacularly bad transfer strategy all along. And Telfer will never improve his attitude, that's the main reason why he was at Morton in the first place and then joined McKinnon's travelling band of mercenary failures in the seaside leagues. 
Your only hope is that he'll choose to link up with them again at Queen's Park.
He was signed because McKinnon likes him for some reason. He has signed a new contract this summer though so will unfortunately be going nowhere.

The thought of him and Sammon wandering about the park doing hee haw is absolutely depressing.  They have to be bench warmers at best. I wouldnt be surprised if both of them ended up at the likes of Kelty, East Kilbride etc at some point in the near future. Or in Telfer's case chucks it altogether to concentrate on his law career. 🙏

Edited by ebobsboy

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He was signed because McKinnon likes him for some reason. He has signed a new contract this summer though so will unfortunately be going nowhere.

No, he was signed because he and Gregor Buchanan played quite well against you in the 2-0 victory at Grangemouth that effectively relegated you and so, in a hilarious fit of pique for a supposedly professional football club, Falkirk FC and McKinnon decided that they'd just throw long term contracts at them to GIRUY Morton. The fact that we were only near the relegation dogfight in the first place due to the rancid performances of Buchanan and disinterested, gutless displays of Telfer was of course pointed out to Falkirk fans on here twelve months ago, only for this factual assessment to be dismissed it as 100% pure, manufactured seethe about their big and handsome new signings.

Safe to say that this truly infantile transfer strategy did not work out at all well for you, which is why you're now choo-chooing your way up to Cove this season. 

Michael_Portillo-fill-493x328.png.d1a8375aeb3f2848acc19327c6df6868.png

Edited by vikingTON

No, he was signed because he and Gregor Buchanan played quite well against you in the 2-0 victory at Grangemouth that effectively relegated you and so, in a hilarious fit of pique for a supposedly professional football club, Falkirk FC and McKinnon decided that they'd just throw long term contracts at them to GIRUY Morton. The fact that we were only near the relegation dogfight in the first place due to the rancid performances of Buchanan and disinterested, gutless displays of Telfer was of course pointed out to Falkirk fans on here twelve months ago, only for this factual assessment to be dismissed it as 100% pure, manufactured seethe about their big and handsome new signings.
Safe to say that this truly infantile transfer strategy did not work out at all well for you, which is why you're now choo-chooing your way up to Cove this season. 

Actually, Buchanan was on the verge of joining us in the January. Telfer is Ray's love child. The idea that it was done to spite Morton is crediting your club with a degree of relevance they might never achieve.

Can’t believe Ray is still living in your head rent free, especially when he left Falkirk 10 months ago

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Can’t believe Ray is still living in your head rent free, especially when he left Falkirk 10 months ago

Oh but his legacy lives on though: your rabble are still down here for a start.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Through gritted teeth I have to congratulate you on your picture selection. :lol::bag

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Through gritted teeth I have to congratulate you on your picture selection. :lol::bag

Mind you, he did have to photoshop the view from the window. More Portillo Glasgow, I'd have thought?

Clune Park in Port Glasgow has been described as a ghost town

32 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Is the Keena deal off? Over a week since his club announced we were signing him and there’s been nothing? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm more inclined to think there has been a snag somewhere probably involving cash or he would have signed by now, and are trying to sort something out. That said the longer it drags on the more likely it will be someone else will nab him from under our nose. If it was off I doubt it would take a week for the club to say so.

13 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm more inclined to think there has been a snag somewhere probably involving cash or he would have signed by now, and are trying to sort something out. That said the longer it drags on the more likely it will be someone else will nab him from under our nose. If it was off I doubt it would take a week for the club to say so.

If it was off the club wouldn't say so, or at least they're wouldn't release public statements.  I don't think they've ever commented on a deal that didn't make it. 

What usually happens is that the  media pick up on rumours and ask questions at the weekly press conference. Or in this case, David Oliver of the Falkirk Herald probably contacts the club once a week before the Herald goes to print. 

They ran a story last week which AFAIK was accurate.  On Thursday I imagine they'll have an update to it. That's probably the nearest you'll get to anything official unless a signing is confirmed before then. 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Right all you effin' tedious nuggets out there (you know who you are, Sgt Wilson, Random Guy, The Moonster, the Morten Morons + various others), I am sick of you all infesting / trolling on this thread with your inane drivel so from now on, unless you have something constructive and relevant to contribute, it is PAY-PER-VIEW. A quid a post to non-Falkirk fans.

Either pony up or f*ck off.

Mods, make it happen, please, please, please.

(other teams fans are welcome to impose / levy the same restrictions on their threads).

#boxofficebairns

P.S. Not keen on the "ignore" option, it shouldn't be required.

Television: Time for Pay-per-View? - FeedMuster

Charging you £2 for this reply.