The Falkirk FC Thread

53-52 - 155 Appearances

Funnily enough these two played together for a while, and notably in the run to the '97 cup final. "Six foot seven" Kevin James was a terror at set pieces and no mug in defence from 1994-2005. Surprisingly perhaps freed when we got promoted. Of course he came back with lower league St Johnstone and together with Peter MacDonald destroyed us in the cup.

Jamie McGowan came from Dundee in the Neil Duffy deal and after a shaky start (including one of the single worst midfield performances I've ever seen) settled in to become a solid stalwart at the back from 1993 to 1998. Most recently seen /heard on FTV.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

51 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think its tight between Lewis, Fasan and Dallison like you say Dallison looked the part but there it stopped i dont think i can recall him putting in a tackle

I can’t pick between the 3 of them as players however the lies that Lewis spouted about our fans and continues to spout puts him as our worst ever in my eyes. A vile man.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

53-52 - 155 Appearances

Funnily enough these two played together for a while, and notably in the run to the '97 cup final. "Six foot seven" Kevin James was a terror at set pieces and no mug in defence from 1994-2005. Surprisingly perhaps freed when we got promoted. Of course he came back with lower league St Johnstone and together with Peter MacDonald destroyed us in the cup.

Jamie McGowan came from Dundee in the Neil Duffy deal and after a shaky start (including one of the single worst midfield performances I've ever seen) settled in to become a solid stalwart at the back from 1993 to 1998. Most recently seen /heard on FTV.

Might be wrong but I seem to remember him debuting against Stranraer at Stair Park.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers. Daughters crying again. 

Lewis is the correct answer in regards to the worst signing.

Fasan had more impact on the first team but the nonsense racism claim when it was thrown out almost instantly tips it over the edge for me. He was working his ticket to leave in January and that was his way out imo.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Lewis is the correct answer in regards to the worst signing.

Fasan had more impact on the first team but the nonsense racism claim when it was thrown out almost instantly tips it over the edge for me. He was working his ticket to leave in January and that was his way out imo.

Its not like Fasan didnt try, he was just shit. Lewis had almost perfected the art of busting a gut to go after a ball he knew was going out, but taking a wee bit off to let a defender get there first and avoid a 50/50. A total coward. 

Incidentally, this is something Charlie Telfer does, but he is less obvious and therefore probably better at it than Lewis. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its not like Fasan didnt try, he was just shit. Lewis had almost perfected the art of busting a gut to go after a ball he knew was going out, but taking a wee bit off to let a defender get there first and avoid a 50/50. A total coward. 

Incidentally, this is something Charlie Telfer does, but he is less obvious and therefore probably better at it than Lewis. 

100%, thing is David Mitchell wasn’t much better when he got his chance. Hartley talking about getting a keeper who was experienced yet signed Fasan who had played less than 50 games.

He and Deniz were at Port Vale at the same time also.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I'll see your gif and raise you this for his "insane skills" incidentally he had highlights when he was with us i must have missed that bit:

Not stopping a cross against Morton and over hitting some crosses #baller

Other than Harry Burgoyne the only other keeper i would ahve played in goals would have been David Mitchell he got shafted might not have been the greatest but still capable, seems to up his game when we play Clyde to prove a point.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Other than Harry Burgoyne the only other keeper i would ahve played in goals would have been David Mitchell he got shafted might not have been the greatest but still capable, seems to up his game when we play Clyde to prove a point.

2 clean sheets in 9 games.

He threw one in against Ayr at home, league 1 is his level.

Burgoyne was miles ahead of both.

I'll see your gif and raise you this for his "insane skills" incidentally he had highlights when he was with us i must have missed that bit:

If this really is his highlights reel then he seriously needs to reconsider his choice of career.