The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Anthony Stokes would be that player I think but he'll get a better move than us.

It is somebody of that quality that we need but I don't think he would be right for 2 reasons:

1) when the going gets tough he justs buggers off, doesn't even see out his contract

2) never keen on having a player back for a second time, it doesn't work, the exception being Crunchie who is a Bairn through and through and would die for the jersey.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

9 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Sorry to interrupt the reminiscing, but BPM said something last night about the MSG selling up. Can anyone confirm if he was 5 hours into a Sunday sesh and talking pish or is there a story here? 

He was just adding to some of the elaborate rumours as someone asked any more nonsensical rumours to add for the day

39 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

57 - 149 Appearances, 1992-1996.

I turned up at Brockville 10 minutes after kick off one day for a game with Dundee United, so missed the teams getting announced. We had a defender on the park I didn't recognise. The fearsome Duncan Ferguson did not get a kick all game; it must be one of the best debuts ever by a FFC player. I found out later his name was David Weir and of course he went on to have a sensational career with Hearts, Scotland, Everton and dead Rangers. My wife told me she was out for dinner with her then boyfriend long before she met me, and DW and his lass made up the table of 4. He'd just come back from the USA and she says he looked old even then! 😄 

Funnily enough, my daughter went out with DW for a while.

Coincidences!

40 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Gus MacPherson as Director of Football?

I'd rather it someone that had a connection to the club. MacPherson would maybe take it though, probably on the off chance that if M&M make a James Hunt of it he can step in to the breach. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd rather it someone that had a connection to the club. MacPherson would maybe take it though, probably on the off chance that if M&M make a James Hunt of it he can step in to the breach. 

Just no, have we not been through enough over the past 3 seasons

We're supposed to be looking for a Director of Football and he's available

His signings whilst being director of football have ultimately help kept St Mirren up despite their issues with managers over the years, across the UK and over in Europe.

Whilst I would not want him as a manager of a club (we can remember his St Mirren team when he was manager, football was appalling), I would have him in that role.