The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A vaguely remembered negative, but wasn’t it Tommy who scored one of the most ridiculous own goals of all time?

If I'm right I remember he could take a good penalty.

And talking of own goals. Brian Rice, diving header from the edge of his own box has to be up there with the best one I've seen. Think it was against Aberdeen. 

Edited by Sgt Bilko

3 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

If I'm right I remember he could take a good penalty.

And talking of own goals. Brian Rice, diving header from the edge of his own box has to be up there with the best one I've seen. Think it was against Aberdeen. 

Don't think he missed one for us.

I remember the Rice OG so clearly. It was ridiculous. LC qf v Aberdeen I think. It must have been a massive home support because i seem to picture myself away down the far end of the shed watching that game. Anyone confirm?

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

68-67 - 139 Appearances

Another pair of ex Jambos, firstly a full back, it's Sandy Burrell (1977-1982).

Also a very familiar name over a long period, it's another defender, great servant, but poor manager, George Miller. Played 68-72, managed 75-77.

George Millers penalties were textbook. Side footed low and hard aimed at the back net support, ball always went in about 1 foot in from the post. Think he ony missed one when he lost his footing.

Class act and the best footballing center half and left footed players I have seen in a Falkirk jersey.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

All good ! but for me it's John Markie - signed on a free from Newcastle United.

The club not granting him a testimonial is a disgrace to this day.

My dad was a big fan of John Markie also, and was following home and away from this team onwards. John Markie middle row, 4th left. Cracking strip too...

falkirk-fc-pre-season-squad-photograph-1st-july-1972-alex-ferguson-EJNE4T.jpg

62 - 143 Appearances

Our one and only Cornelius. Played everywhere, often popping up with a goal, and firing into bodies left right and centre. Keen on running the ball out of play too, IIRC. Central to the early 90's glory days, it's Neil Duffy, 90-94.

Just now, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Cant see much of a change really, still the big red nose and massive lips

Still not finished off that game of noughts and crosses yet either how long does it take someone

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

My dad was a big fan of John Markie also, and was following home and away from this team onwards. John Markie middle row, 4th left. Cracking strip too...

falkirk-fc-pre-season-squad-photograph-1st-july-1972-alex-ferguson-EJNE4T.jpg

Two players in that photo share the same surname; what is it? HSW not allowed to answer.