The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

I take it will be the same that you can only make the changes in 3 stages.

The Premiership sub rules are explained as:

9 on the bench

5 total subs

3 stoppages to sub a player(s)

I assume that you may sub coming out of the half, or for an injury, without that counting, but it’s not explicitly covered where I can find it yet. 5 subs is already approved for the League and Challenge Cups, the proposal will be made to the Championship and Leagues One and Two later...it took a 75% yes in the Premiership, no word on the rules for the lower leagues.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

The Premiership sub rules are explained as:

9 on the bench

5 total subs

3 stoppages to sub a player(s)

I assume that you may sub coming out of the half, or for an injury, without that counting, but it’s not explicitly covered where I can find it yet. 5 subs is already approved for the League and Challenge Cups, the proposal will be made to the Championship and Leagues One and Two later...it took a 75% yes in the Premiership, no word on the rules for the lower leagues.

If it's the same as it's been in England, then you can make the changes at 3 different stoppages, or at half-time. Injuries are irrelevant.

It's a ridiculous idea for this division.

Guest Ecosse83

I have no idea about the situation with the subs but could it be down to also trying to cram in all the cups as well into the season?

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I have no idea about the situation with the subs but could it be down to also trying to cram in all the cups as well into the season?

League Cup is predominantly pre season. Teams in seaside leagues rarely go thaf far in either it or scottish. 5 subs just isnt needed . What next drinks breaks in December ffs.

13 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I like the idea of 5 subs. You don’t have to make them all if you don’t want too. It also allows for if you make all 3 subs when chasing the game then you get an injury to make a further sub, providing it’s within the 3 breaks. 

What happens if you've made all 5 subs and then you get an injury? Surely we should be demanding 6 subs?

Meh - I'd stop all substitutions except for injury and only a maximum of two at that. 

35 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What happens if you've made all 5 subs and then you get an injury? Surely we should be demanding 6 subs?

Meh - I'd stop all substitutions except for injury and only a maximum of two at that. 

Well you wouldn’t make all 5 subs. You’d make your normal 3 and keep the other two Incase of injury or red card. 

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

3 is fine.

You can't specify for injuries only as players would just invent a twinge.

Over the last few decades there has been numerous law changes to the game and yet the passback rule is the only one I can really think of that has actually improved a game that was basically fine as it was.  Please stop ruining a once great game.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t like too many subs as it stops the flow of the game.

Things are fine as they are just now.

Yeah I also think it will give us less of an advantage over the part time teams as they'll have more opportunities to change things up when they start getting tired later on in games.

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah I also think it will give us less of an advantage over the part time teams as they'll have more opportunities to change things up when they start getting tired later on in games.

Bigger clubs should have bigger and better squads but the amount of dross we have in ours seriously questions that.

Guest Ecosse83
3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

League Cup is predominantly pre season. Teams in seaside leagues rarely go thaf far in either it or scottish. 5 subs just isnt needed . What next drinks breaks in December ffs.

Aye but the cups will be crammed in for the Premiership teams, can't have them getting 5 subs in cups and not the diddy league teams!