The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Becoming farcical now like. Meant to sign on Monday and we’re now late afternoon Friday with still no signing. 

Right folks, I am a slightly older bloke so I apologise in advance for using this somewhat outdated, sexist analogy to explain our situation.

We used to be a bit of a stud, not the best looking bloke but we could always “pull” on a Saturday night. Unfortunately, that was 20 years ago.

We are now 20 years older, wrinklier, fatter and balder but for some reason we think that we can still “pull” like we used to. Real life ain’t like that.

We have to accept the fact that we are now someone’s last resort on a Saturday night, there are better offers out there.

On 30/07/2020 at 16:19, Ecosse83 said:

Quite like that but I don't see us getting Alston back, would love to be wrong though!

I agree. I'd be surprised if we're even in for him TBH as we already have 7 midfielders on the books whilst we only have 4 defenders (not including the young laddie) and 3 strikers. We need a back-up goalie, another CD and a striker.

Could be a different matter if Leitch and Laverty go out on loan again but I'd imagine that M&M see them as part of the squad this season.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree. I'd be surprised if we're even in for him TBH as we already have 7 midfielders on the books whilst we only have 4 defenders (not including the young laddie) and 3 strikers. We need a back-up goalie, another CD and a striker.

Could be a different matter if Leitch and Laverty go out on loan again but I'd imagine that M&M see them as part of the squad this season.

It's looking more and more like a 3-5-2 line up for the coming season.

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

A back up right back wouldn't go amiss either. If you take Miller out midfield and put him in there we have zero dig in the middle of the park. 

27 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We need a hell of a lot more than that. The current midfield options are a million miles away from being good enough. Miller is fine for the dirty stuff. Beyond that we lack pace, legs, creativity, running power, passing ability, basically the first clue about how to break down any team who could be described as even semi-competent. We've lacked all of these qualities for far too long. If yet another management team cannot see that, the whole thing is just a complete waste of time. We should have been looking all over for two proper midfielders this summer, the likes of a Grant or an Alston, perhaps even Murray who has gone to PT, instead of tying up yet more cash in dross like Telfer or Leitch and bizarrely rushing to give out a new contract to Gomis who can barely last an hour before he requires replacing. Massive, massive upgrade needed or we'll be in this league for the foreseeable.

7 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Ahh the joys of the IP search,the poster claiming to know Aidan Keena is none other the the East Fife fan claiming that Marc McNulty is signing for them 😆

Never mind the schools go back in 2 weeks.

Lol I doubt he's a fan of either club with the hilarious pish coming from both accounts. Don't delete him though cause it's made the site a bit more humourous

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's looking more and more like a 3-5-2 line up for the coming season.

M&M tried to implement 3-5-2 at first and realised Rays squad wasn't fit for purpose for it.

Miller had success with McCall and Livvy with it and I feel it helps conquer most teams playing one up top against us and packing midfield.

Anyone who lived through the McCall half season and post will appreciate the 3-5-2 we had, I wasn't keen but it won me over and Scott McKenzie was our Matthaus in the centre of the back three.

We await and see but this league is dug shit no matter the formation

10 hours ago, keithgy said:

Ahh the joys of the IP search,the poster claiming to know Aidan Keena is none other the the East Fife fan claiming that Marc McNulty is signing for them 😆

Never mind the schools go back in 2 weeks.

I've just woken up to a direct message tweet from someone claiming to have been behind the Jason Smart account. (Quite a few of the folk on here follow him too which is a clue for all the folk that know who I am too)

The guy in question is not an East Fife fan or Falkirk fan, but a Dundee fan going by his feed and he's asked me to say this 

Ask them how ive been deleted and blocked when we have had wanks like Frank Connor and such who are blocked by all and are absolute twats. Seems like a bit of double standards from Keithgy. So many folk are sitting spreading rumours how have I been singled out on two occasions now.