The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Gary Deans has done a great job of convincing the mouth breathers in our support who inhabit that Facebook page that the likes of Peterhead and Clyde are at fault for our club being in League One again rather than a decade of gross mismanagement by the owners and their stooges.

The chat about boycotting clubs and not giving them the 'navy blue pound' is utter cringeworthy. No different from SevcoSpeak from 8 years ago.

Just read the bit on FFC website about Scotland Under 23 games involving Falkirk players.  Made me feel really old.  I was there 45 years ago at Brockville when Scotland beat Romania.  All I can remember from the game is it was during the week, the long hair of many of the players and being disappointed Stuart Kennedy never came on (the only reason I went in the first place).   What were my parents thinking - I was 12 at the time and I went there by myself at night.  Times have changed.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Partick were godawful in the championship under McCall and bottom  of the league for a reason. They're losers and they'll bring that losing mentality down with them unless they totally gut the squad. There's no sign of them doing that. 

11 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Partick were godawful in the championship under McCall and bottom  of the league for a reason. They're losers and they'll bring that losing mentality down with them unless they totally gut the squad. There's no sign of them doing that. 

We won’t be doing that because we partially rebuilt it, only a few weeks before lockdown. No point gutting a squad with guys who were only with us a matter of weeks. Quite a few players have left right enough (thankfully). 

Arbroath were a better side than them, obviously. And we beat them.

But, as has been discussed here already, we cant go into a shortened season with a cautious attitude. It has to be go for the throats every single game.

5 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

We won’t be doing that because we partially rebuilt it, only a few weeks before lockdown. No point gutting a squad with guys who were only with us a matter of weeks. Quite a few players have left right enough (thankfully). 

In 2020 you played 10 matches, lost 5, drew 5. None of the guys you brought in know what it is to win in a Thistle shirt. 

35 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

In 2020 you played 10 matches, lost 5, drew 5. None of the guys you brought in know what it is to win in a Thistle shirt. 

Not and never have disputed that, I was explaining why the squad won't be getting totally gutted. 

Edited by JagsCG

Off topic, but David McMillan has joined Dundalk, meaning he'll play in the Champions League (qualifiers) when it restarts.

Football is weird.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
14 hours ago, TxRover said:
IDK, just muddled over the League One numbers in the same way I looked at the Championship schedule and it looks much less balanced over here. The schedule doesn’t do decent job of portioning out the expected attendances. Using last year’s averages to position the teams average attendance 1-10, we end up with Falkirk, Thistle, Airdrie, Clyde, East Fife, Cove, Peterhead, Montrose, Dumbarton and Forfar. Now Cove might move above East Fife having moved up a division, but it’s a minor fudge.

Adding those numbers, and then dividing by the 4 or 5 games, we get the following average attendance positions...which is of course for home matches, but serves as a useful proxy for visiting fans totals (* means five home games in last nine, and yes, the longer drive for Peterhead is ignored):

Peterhead - 7.5

East Fife - 6.8*

Airdrie - 6.25

Falkirk - 6.2*

Cove - 5.8*

Clyde - 5.6*

Forfar - 5.4

Thistle - 5.0*

Montrose - 4.8

Dumbarton - 3.4

Of the lot, Peterhead seem to have clearly got the shaft, with East Fife a close second. Airdrie are similar to Falkirk but have one less home game, so are slightly more shafted. Thistle definitely got handled better, in the Championship, the five teams with the extra home game were all in the lowest six attendance averages. 

What the actual f**k is going on here?

All I can see is ice skating scores 

13 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

He seems to be making the right noises but our predicament is like you say down to the MSG and their decision making and gross mismanagement.  I'm still hopeful we will get some sort of change but thank f**k the coffee /Property/Taxi baron is off the scene.  

We need change at the top though.

You forgot sex pest and Keane fan.

I dunno which is worse.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-fans-keena-hear-more-irish-strikers-move-hartlepool-2927911%3famp

"However Keena is 21 and due to the striker’s age training development fees could be applicable, and with the transfer being cross-border there are added steps which must be taken before the Irish under-21 cap can be officially pronounced a Falkirk player."

Edited by FFC 1876