The Falkirk FC Thread

Need a signing the day so half the folk here can go back to writing off players without seeing them kick a baw for us. 
I'm booked in to get a new tattoo in August and would normally have been given at least three or four quality ideas by the club by now. This is pish. I cant ask for another "Dallison"

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Need a signing the day so half the folk here can go back to writing off players without seeing them kick a baw for us. 

It’s just a question of facing reality.

In the past I would sit with the laptop on, the Falkirk Twitter page open, waiting to see who we were going to sign, staying up past midnight, excited to see what proven name or diamond in the rough that we had signed. Maybe signing somebody from left field like a Simon Stainrod or unearthing a talent like Will Vaulks, Lyle Taylor or Farid El Alagui. These days I switch the laptop off, go to sleep and then switch it back on the morning to see who we haven’t signed.

Due to mismanagement in the past, both on and off the field, we now find ourselves in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. What type of players are we going to attract? Crap players who aren’t good enough even for a Scottish Championship side, that’s who. For the time being our chances of signing anybody even half decent are gone so pardon me for being down on any of our new signings, they will be shit because we are now shit, we deserve each other.

It’s being so cheerful that keeps me going.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

54 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It’s just a question of facing reality.

In the past I would sit with the laptop on, the Falkirk Twitter page open, waiting to see who we were going to sign, staying up past midnight, excited to see what proven name or diamond in the rough that we had signed. Maybe signing somebody from left field like a Simon Stainrod or unearthing a talent like Will Vaulks, Lyle Taylor or Farid El Alugui. These days I switch the laptop off, go to sleep and then switch it back on the morning to see who we haven’t signed.

Due to mismanagement in the past, both on and off the field, we now find ourselves in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. What type of players are we going to attract? Crap players who aren’t good enough even for a Scottish Championship side, that’s who. For the time being our chances of signing anybody even half decent are gone so pardon me for being down on any of our new signings, they will be shit because we are now shit, we deserve each other.

It’s being so cheerful that keeps me going.

Aren't people who live outside the UK supposed to be happier? 

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Would prefer if the prize was scrapped and that 50% given to MND and FFC retaining the other 50%.

Same outcome for MND.

You are a rich pr*ck who just doesn't understand how difficult it is financially for so many people just now and that they could do with the prize money. Let them eat cake, eh?

Just now, The Moonster said:

Is that c**t actually involved with your club? 

Seems to be talk that he is involved in something, but not the actual club. Someone will be along soon to clarify. He has been an absolute disgrace on this thread since theres been no football. Maybe he alwyas has and I just havent noticed  but Covid has broken him

22 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You are a rich pr*ck who just doesn't understand how difficult it is financially for so many people just now and that they could do with the prize money. Let them eat cake, eh?

Calm down.

The chances of winning are about 1 in 3000.

Therefore minuscule chance of winning.

Surely giving up that chance for one week is worth it for such a good cause and, at the same time, providing much needed funds for the club.

Just a suggestion.

Calm down.
The chances of winning are about 1 in 3000.
Therefore minuscule chance of winning.
Surely giving up that chance for one week is worth it for such a good cause and, at the same time, providing much needed funds for the club.
Just a suggestion.

Oh aye but that one person in 3000 should give that up?

The club are the only party that make money from it every week. For the other 2999 participants, it’s basically a donation and this week half of our donation is going to a worthy cause.

Oh aye but that one person in 3000 should give that up?

The club are the only party that make money from it every week. For the other 2999 participants, it’s basically a donation and this week half of our donation is going to a worthy cause.
How many folk would bother to click a lazy link posted by the club to an MND charity? Less than half of those who would buy a 50 50 but more folk will buy a 50 50 this week because not only is there a chance to win but it also honours Davie Hagen.

Dawson Park Boy is not only missing the point but as usual, his post is dripping with malice.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How many folk would bother to click a lazy link posted by the club to an MND charity? Less than half of those who would buy a 50 50 but more folk will buy a 50 50 this week because not only is there a chance to win but it also honours Davie Hagen.

Dawson Park Boy is not only missing the point but as usual, his post is dripping with malice.

Wow!!- ‘dripping with malice’

Finding it hard to see how a suggestion to reconfigure the donation to a great charity from the Club to the fans can be described as above.

Full marks to the club for thinking of this but I certainly wouldn’t be too happy if they did this too often as my main motivation in buying tickets Is to help the club.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wow!!- ‘dripping with malice’

Finding it hard to see how a suggestion to reconfigure the donation to a great charity from the Club to the fans can be described as above.

Full marks to the club for thinking of this but I certainly wouldn’t be too happy if they did this too often as my main motivation in buying tickets Is to help the club.

You wouldn’t be happy if the club regularly supported a charity who had provided amazing support to a local guy that played for our club with great distinction and dignity who recently tragically died far to young ?

You really are an arrogant clown.