The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

Sorry but can’t let that comment slide. He was absolutely fucking shite. Even dugmeat like Sammut and Lewis got 6 months until they got punted but he was out the door before the end of September. Like a lost little boy wandering around the pitch not wanting to touch the ball.

If you can’t even convince Ray McKinnon you’re a player you must be absolutely brutal.

This. Although I can still remember every Newport fan at the time (who are a fairly decent club) being absolutely gutted that they were letting him go, so it was a bit baffling that he was that bad. 

20 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

This. Although I can still remember every Newport fan at the time (who are a fairly decent club) being absolutely gutted that they were letting him go, so it was a bit baffling that he was that bad. 

In the lads defence what surrounded him was rank rotten as well and he got lucky with getting away as early as he did unfortunately for us we were lumbered with the rest of what could only be described by the word "shite"

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Nah, you hold on. The statement was that lab-confirmed cases are up, no comment on the seriousness of those cases. As we all know, flu has multiple strains of varying virulence. When the official Government statement says lab confirmed cases (not symptoms) are up, that’s concerning, just as deaths are down is good news.

No it's not.

How much have these cases increased? Could be by 2 theoretically. At least I gave you numbers. Wouldn't be like a Government to put out a vague statement to keep everyone on their toes and get the flu vaccine would it? You should know all about government lies and propaganda considering where you live.

There will always be flu , what's important is keeping down the death rate as I have already said.   

Oh and you highlighted the whole statement including the part about phone calls to the helpline, now you are choosing to ignore that part as you now know it's pish.

10 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

No it's not.

How much have these cases increased? Could be by 2 theoretically. At least I gave you numbers. Wouldn't be like a Government to put out a vague statement to keep everyone on their toes and get the flu vaccine would it? You should know all about government lies and propaganda considering where you live.

There will always be flu , what's important is keeping down the death rate as I have already said.   

Oh and you highlighted the whole statement including the part about phone calls to the helpline, now you are choosing to ignore that part as you now know it's pish.

“lab-confirmed cases”

You can spin conspiracy many ways, but it’s still not encouraging that the flu infections aren’t significantly down given that social distancing has theoretically been occurring.

Well, anyway, onto to the discouraging results of the Major League Baseball experiment. Lots of testing, players and staff following guidelines, and after four days one team has a major outbreak, and games are postponed. Now, Scotland has the advantage of a lower baseline of infection, but it’s concerning that with the almost constant testing, it still went wrong so fast. Hopefully the experiment in the EPL and the coming Premiership games will show convincingly if the lower background infection rate is sufficient, when combined with a somewhat strict testing regime, to safely allow the return of football below the top level in Scotland.

The overall good news from the building fiasco here is all the lessons that can be learned, one of the best is that young men are a) immature idiots b) unlikely to properly follow rules designed for their (and everyone else’s) safety. Hopefully the plans for the Scottish Leagues takes these facts into consideration.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

“lab-confirmed cases”

You can spin conspiracy many ways, but it’s still not encouraging that the flu infections aren’t significantly down given that social distancing has theoretically been occurring.

Well, anyway, onto to the discouraging results of the Major League Baseball experiment. Lots of testing, players and staff following guidelines, and after four days one team has a major outbreak, and games are postponed. Now, Scotland has the advantage of a lower baseline of infection, but it’s concerning that with the almost constant testing, it still went wrong so fast. Hopefully the experiment in the EPL and the coming Premiership games will show convincingly if the lower background infection rate is sufficient, when combined with a somewhat strict testing regime, to safely allow the return of football below the top level in Scotland.

The overall good new from the building fiasco here is all the lessons that can be learned, one of the best is that young men are a) immature idiots b) unlikely to properly follow rules designed for their (and everyone else’s) safety. Hopefully the plans for the Scottish Leagues takes these facts into consideration.

There may be a significantly lower rate in Scotland but I have no faith in the Scottish clubs adhering to the protocols. It all comes down to finances, there's plenty of money in the top 2 leagues in England so the testing has went well without any issues. In Scotland they cannot even get past the pre-season without clubs making a mess of it - and that's the top league! And how come Ross County have a testing machine but still send their samples to England for results, with a 2-3 day delay?

Despite the Anderson money I just don't see how the majority of the lower league clubs can pay for twice weekly testing, and I cannot see the Scottish Government relaxing the guidelines any time soon, especially if a 2nd wave is in the post.

Hope I'm wrong though.     

Edited by Hank von Hell

3 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

There may be a significantly lower rate in Scotland but I have no faith in the Scottish clubs adhering to the protocols. It all comes down to finances, there's plenty of money in the top 2 leagues in England so the testing has went without well without any issues. In Scotland they cannot even get past the pre-season without clubs making a mess of it - and that's the top league! And how come Ross County have a testing machine but still send their samples to England for results, with a 2-3 day delay?

Despite the Anderson money I just don't see how the majority of the lower league clubs can pay for twice weekly testing, and I cannot see the Scottish Government relaxing the guidelines any time soon, especially if a 2nd wave is in the post.

Hope I'm wrong though.     

Exactly why the SPFL should be watching other leagues all over closely. They are going to have to do this on a budget, and they need a plan for when/if it goes tits-up. Does anyone believe for a second that any the 42 teams will vote for anything other than self-interest again?

To turn this to FFC, how can the BoD make a decision on what they can afford to spend on the team without knowing what might happen if there is a second wave or a couple of teams have outbreaks? It would be suicidal to spend to go for it, but not doing that risks someone like Partick taking the chance and condemning FFC to the playoffs, at best. If there was a plan in place for how to resolve another league stoppage, then they could work within those parameters to determine a prudent and proper financial plan for the season. The fact that the SPFL has punted on this is a bad sign.

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was a shambles with votes going into quarrantine etc. That should never have happened neither should the current state of play regarding votes have been released till all votes were in. It was handled very badly and amateurishly as is always the way with scottish football and will continue to happen as long as there's no accountability for these f**k ups.You'd think we would learn our lessons but no every time an issue rears its head its handled in entirely the wrong manner. The vote to let ICT groundshare was just as much of a farce and yet here we are nearly 20 years on and feck all has changed.

The quarantine thing could happen to anyone. There's so many variables that cause an email to go to such a folder. That isn't the fault of the SPFL, unless you are now claiming that they should be designing their own email server and system now?

Perhaps they could have found it quicker, but in the end there was no wrong doing, unless you think you know better than the 3 legal experts who decreed as such?

Would disagree that it was handled and and in an amateur fashion. 

The accountability is that the SPFL board is voted on each year. Also the board can put forward a motion to punt Doncaster, but none so far have. Any club can ask the board to do this. Maybe you can ask your club to do so? 

The ICT groundshare thing was the SPL, a different organisation and different members. It was actually the right call to let them do it. The wrong call was to deny your team doing similar.

I'm no fan of Doncaster but he's just a figure head and replacing him won't make a difference. The voting structure is the thing that needs to be sorted to try and get meaningful changes through, but can't see that changing ever sadly. We had a chance and Aberdeen blew it.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Exactly why the SPFL should be watching other leagues all over closely. They are going to have to do this on a budget, and they need a plan for when/if it goes tits-up. Does anyone believe for a second that any the 42 teams will vote for anything other than self-interest again?

To turn this to FFC, how can the BoD make a decision on what they can afford to spend on the team without knowing what might happen if there is a second wave or a couple of teams have outbreaks? It would be suicidal to spend to go for it, but not doing that risks someone like Partick taking the chance and condemning FFC to the playoffs, at best. If there was a plan in place for how to resolve another league stoppage, then they could work within those parameters to determine a prudent and proper financial plan for the season. The fact that the SPFL has punted on this is a bad sign.

I can't answer for the Falkirk BOD , I would assume that they have budgeted with a worst case scenario in mind and the players being signed now are done so on the basis that we can ride out any prolonged period with no fans or indeed no football - and with no furlough scheme as well.  

I do understand that there might still not be a League One season 2020/21 - and I'm sure the clever people at FFC understand this too. It's a tricky balancing act to build a squad in these times with all that in mind, however the alternative is to sit with half a squad until the last minute which is not great.

I agree there should be a plan in place for a stoppage or a non startage. Seems the circus that is Scottish football just stumbles on.

Guest Ecosse83
46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The quarantine thing could happen to anyone. There's so many variables that cause an email to go to such a folder. That isn't the fault of the SPFL, unless you are now claiming that they should be designing their own email server and system now?

Perhaps they could have found it quicker, but in the end there was no wrong doing, unless you think you know better than the 3 legal experts who decreed as such?

Would disagree that it was handled and and in an amateur fashion. 

The accountability is that the SPFL board is voted on each year. Also the board can put forward a motion to punt Doncaster, but none so far have. Any club can ask the board to do this. Maybe you can ask your club to do so? 

The ICT groundshare thing was the SPL, a different organisation and different members. It was actually the right call to let them do it. The wrong call was to deny your team doing similar.

I'm no fan of Doncaster but he's just a figure head and replacing him won't make a difference. The voting structure is the thing that needs to be sorted to try and get meaningful changes through, but can't see that changing ever sadly. We had a chance and Aberdeen blew it.

100% spot on!