The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It had only one outcome because Hearts (and their snivelling accomplices) PTFC were utterly wrong in doing this from the start.

They had no chance, and it boiled down to them crying "It's no fair!" amid tears and snotbubbles.

Even the member of the panel appointed by Hearts voted against them! 😄

If the whole thing had just been handled in the correct manner from the start then it would've been resolved months ago. The shambolic vote and farcical pretence that reconstruction was a real option stoked up animosity and produced just enough smell of dodgy activity to give the likes of hearts a reason to go down this route. I wouldnt get on to partick too much as I'm sure any other team in Scotland in that position would've followed the legal path if told someone else was paying for it.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There must be a grizzled 35 year old out there who can point and shout at centre back for us.

I would think our next signing would be a centre half/right back  type player so that both of these positions can be covered by one body just as we have with dixon on the other side.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would think our next signing would be a centre half/right back  type player so that both of these positions can be covered by one body just as we have with dixon on the other side.

TFW you hear they're handing out two year deals for a centre back/right back hybrid

JS145364413.jpg

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They already had an inquiry into the Dundee vote. Clumsy and somewhat embarrassing, yes, worthy of going to court over? Nope. They had nothing.

Would've been far better just to have carried the vote out correctly in the first place though. When its an emotive issue you need to make sure everything is done 100 percent professionally so that there's no come back and it doesn't leave an even worse taste in the mouth for those affected negatively by the result. Instead we got a complete shambles. 

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

TFW you hear they're handing out two year deals for a centre back/right back hybrid

JS145364413.jpg

Aye. He'd be another in the should do fine at this level group which hasn't worked out too well for us so far unfortunately.

Would've been far better just to have carried the vote out correctly in the first place though. When its an emotive issue you need to make sure everything is done 100 percent professionally so that there's no come back and it doesn't leave an even worse taste in the mouth for those affected negatively by the result. Instead we got a complete shambles. 

Can we stop talking about this again? Instead focus on how many blockbuster signings Falkirk are making today.

I actually really like Muirhead and think he was underrated by our fans. Yes he was frustrating in possession but essentially having another centre back playing RB meant Leahy could bomb on and we could shift to a back three at times when we had the ball. Never shirked anything and knew his limitations.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I actually really like Muirhead and think he was underrated by our fans. Yes he was frustrating in possession but essentially having another centre back playing RB meant Leahy could bomb on and we could shift to a back three at times when we had the ball. Never shirked anything and knew his limitations.

I'm sorry but he was a liability. Still have nightmares about his complete feck up in the United play off second leg which let them right back into it. 

4 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Can we stop talking about this again? Instead focus on how many blockbuster signings Falkirk are making today.

Why? PT were absolutely shafted and yet hardly a word from their fans over on their thread, shower of fuckin' wusses, too much couscous and muesli and no' enough red meat in their diet.

If I was in their shoes it would be burning torches and pitchforks.

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sorry but he was a liability. Still have nightmares about his complete feck up in the United play off second leg which let them right back into it. 

He regressed, horrifically just before he left. Before that though he was nowhere near as bad, and who can forget that absolute mazy he scored against Brechin. He was strong for Hartley in his first half season and booted f**k out of Snivellin' Jim Craigen.

He regressed, horrifically just before he left. Before that though he was nowhere near as bad, and who can forget that absolute mazy he scored against Brechin. He was strong for Hartley in his first half season and booted f**k out of Snivellin' Jim Craigen.

He’s definitely grown on me tbh.

Did not like him one bit when he first signed and for the first half of this season he wasn’t great at all. When Kerr came in he seemed to get his head sorted a bit and played more to his strengths of heading and booting it up the park. Played midfielder once or twice as well and really did well.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Not a chance in hell, this had only one outcome. Corrupt from top to bottom, just wonder if the authorities will take action for contravening SFA rules, which could be and not limited to points deducted, fines or thrown out the leagues ? 

It only had one outcome because Hearts and Partick had no case, as has been proven by an independent arbitration panel.

Are you saying the independently arbitration panel members are corrupt?

The SFA can't hand out point deductions. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The vote was carried out correctly. Clubs were asked to submit votes and did so. Dundee's vote was in a quarantine folder and was found later. They had every right to change it. No laws or regulations were broken. 

The vote was not shambolic. The Dundee vote could have been handled better, but that was the only issue out of 42 votes. 

16 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Don't let the facts get in the way now.  The impact of flu has to be measured in deaths not "calls about flu-related symptoms to the helpline" from hypochondriacs with the sniffles.     

Nah, you hold on. The statement was that lab-confirmed cases are up, no comment on the seriousness of those cases. As we all know, flu has multiple strains of varying virulence. When the official Government statement says lab confirmed cases (not symptoms) are up, that’s concerning, just as deaths are down is good news.