The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Bainsfordbairn is quiet.....

I know nothing about Alston so assume that one is inaccurate, particularly as someone said we previously had an interest. Enough time has passed  since then that I suspect we were politely declined. He'll surely get better offers than we can give him. As for the Keena one, well Sick Boy's posted it twice and he's obviously having fun with the rumour so I won't spoil it by commenting. Let him run with it. 

Having said all that, I'm in tomorrow afternoon for the Foundation as they have their first kids back in about four months. I suppose it's possible I could be given extra jobs after I arrive that I don't currently know about. We'll see. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

Guest Ecosse83
20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know nothing about Alston so assume that one is inaccurate, particularly as someone said we previously had an interest. Enough time has passed  since then that I suspect we were politely declined. He'll surely get better offers than we can give him. As for the Keena one, well Sick Boy's posted it twice and he's obviously having fun with the rumour so I won't spoil it by commenting. Let him run with it. 

Having said all that, I'm in tomorrow afternoon for the Foundation as they have their first kids back in about four months. I suppose it's possible I could be given extra jobs after I arrive that I don't currently know about. We'll see. 

Your good 🤣

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Vaulks would be a brilliant signing but can't see it happening. He's under contract at Cardiff and has performed well in their first team this season. It would cost us millions in a transfer fee and his wages will be way beyond what we could afford. I appreciate he has an affinity for the club but I'm not sure he would want to take such a pronounced step down, especially with the playoffs still to take place.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

Vaulks!,

Are you on drugs?

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What's happening with the normal flu over there? Was thinking that with everyone being more careful about washing their hands, face masks and keeping their distance, the poor wee flu bug might not have much of a chance.

Normal flu figures have dropped off a cliff, for the reasons you've mentioned plus a much higher uptake of the flu vaccine. 

Australia has not recorded any flu deaths since April, with only 36 deaths recorded this year compared to 430 in the same period last year

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He'll surely get better offers than we can give him.

You think?

He won't get a top flight club after a poor season with Hamilton, so you'll be competing with Championship sides for him. 

Don't underestimate the power of a comfortable surrounding/safe place, for players who have struggled for games and form. He might decide that going home, playing every week and being loved for it, is preferable to earning a wee bit more.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

I make it you are making this shit up. From the Australian Government’s Health Direct site:

“While you can catch the flu at any time, it's more likely to happen in the colder months of the year (April to October). The flu season typically peaks in August, but laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza have been higher than usual so far this year — as have calls about flu-related symptoms to the healthdirect helpline.”

Don't let the facts get in the way now.  The impact of flu has to be measured in deaths not "calls about flu-related symptoms to the helpline" from hypochondriacs with the sniffles.     

Source: National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS)

Month Flu deaths 2019 Flu deaths 2020
Jan 33 10
Feb 26 7
Mar 28 18
Apr 92 1
May 90 0
Jun 161 0
Jul 207 0