The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Doyle much better defender .

Mercer good going forward 

Mix the 2 you have a good right back .

If I was a manager had the choice it would be Doyle 

We don't need to defend in this division, just attack and bang in goals

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He played a few games for camelon but wasn't a regular. Saw him in the cup game against dunipace  young ones and he and his team were pretty much outclassed. He's one that might come through in the future who knows but folk thinking he's going to play regularly this season are way off the pace. Always worth taking  the odd gamble as he'll be on peanuts.

Does make me wonder if Falkirk shouldn’t sign a couple of modern apprentices, to develop them. Tait started the season for Raith as an MA, but was signed to a normal contract after showing what he offered. With all the desire for developing some young talent, surely something along those lines should be happening at FFC.

Does make me wonder if Falkirk shouldn’t sign a couple of modern apprentices, to develop them. Tait started the season for Raith as an MA, but was signed to a normal contract after showing what he offered. With all the desire for developing some young talent, surely something along those lines should be happening at FFC.
Decent shout that, its 100% the time to get creative.

19 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Can you imagine the St Mirren scenario mid season good grief. Teams they played in the last 14 days then the teams these teams played into lockdown. Very quickly the season could grind to a halt. Not having a go at St Mirren ( poor sods ) and this is not a gloat fest ! far from it as it could happen to any club and suspect it won't be the last.

Go Canny !

Well there wasn't a single St Mirren player who tested positive, and the players are being tested every 3 days, so ive no idea how you've decided games will be getting cancelled and everyone locked up for 14 days.

St Mirren will be tested on Thursday before a Saturday game. If someone tests positive then they'll be locked down and the rest will be retested on the Friday. If they all pass then the game on Saturday goes ahead.

All the players involved are then tested again on the Monday for a Wednesday game. Positive tests wont be an issue unless a club is so reckless they allow it spread through their entire club. The Rangers situation, allowing their squad to play against a different club despite not receiving test results to clear their players, is far more worrying, but hopefully is something they'll be punished for to help others rethink doing the same.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Positive tests wont be an issue unless a club is so reckless they allow it spread through their entire club.

I'm guessing you're not an epidemiologist if you think the only way covid can spread is people being "reckless".

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm guessing you're not an epidemiologist if you think the only way covid can spread is people being "reckless".

Absolutely not, but with testing every few days, you'd hope that it can be caught quickly and the players isolated. 

Can only speak for Saints but players are told to bring themselves to training in their gear, they all keep their distance until theyre on the pitch. Training is done, mostly on the ball stuff where they can keep a decent distance, and then they all leave individually. 

The only issue there is if a player is getting symptoms between tests and not telling anyone, those close to the player catch it and the player doesn't tell anyone, or there's breaches of the distancing rules by players away from the club. But again, the testing every few days should be catching these things.

I cant see a whole club having to lockdown unless they disregard the testing (like Rangers done) and allow it spread through their squad unchecked, or if there's a false negative (which I believe is incredibly rare, you're far more likely to get a false positive).

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well there wasn't a single St Mirren player who tested positive, and the players are being tested every 3 days, so ive no idea how you've decided games will be getting cancelled and everyone locked up for 14 days.

St Mirren will be tested on Thursday before a Saturday game. If someone tests positive then they'll be locked down and the rest will be retested on the Friday. If they all pass then the game on Saturday goes ahead.

All the players involved are then tested again on the Monday for a Wednesday game. Positive tests wont be an issue unless a club is so reckless they allow it spread through their entire club. The Rangers situation, allowing their squad to play against a different club despite not receiving test results to clear their players, is far more worrying, but hopefully is something they'll be punished for to help others rethink doing the same.

It's a worse case scenario I was making my point on. Your post highlights how important it is that the guidelines are followed.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's a worse case scenario I was making my point on. Your post highlights how important it is that the guidelines are followed.

There's no scenario where multiple teams will be forced into 14 days isolation.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely not, but with testing every few days, you'd hope that it can be caught quickly and the players isolated. 

Can only speak for Saints but players are told to bring themselves to training in their gear, they all keep their distance until theyre on the pitch. Training is done, mostly on the ball stuff where they can keep a decent distance, and then they all leave individually. 

The only issue there is if a player is getting symptoms between tests and not telling anyone, those close to the player catch it and the player doesn't tell anyone, or there's breaches of the distancing rules by players away from the club. But again, the testing every few days should be catching these things.

I cant see a whole club having to lockdown unless they disregard the testing (like Rangers done) and allow it spread through their squad unchecked, or if there's a false negative (which I believe is incredibly rare, you're far more likely to get a false positive).

A majority of cases are asymptomatic. It can take days from infection to returning a positive test.

I'm all for football restarting but you're making out it's risk free unless a guy with a temperature of 103 is coughing into someone's mouth.