The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Is Lex Miller not a plumber?

*Here son, sign with us and we'll give you a tenner an hour to clear blocked lavatories* 

I'm not sure how appealing that would be. 🙃

I think you're being totally unrealistic here. £10 an hour is much more than the minimum wage!!

Mutch

Mercer Hall Durnan Dixon

New RW Miller New CM Connolly

Dowds New ST

Subs: New GK, Sneddon, New CB, Telfer, Gomis, Laverty, Todd, L Miller, Sammon.

I didn't see Todd enough to know where he should play or if he's good enough to start but at least RB is sorted. 

Don't think Keena would be dropping down to L1 if he came back to Scotland, unless he's had a disaster at Hartlepool, happy to be wrong though.

16 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Possible the coming season will interrupted enough times to make it a farce.  Seven non-playing staff at St.Mirren have covid.  That might just be the first time this happens this coming season and not the last.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53521306

I think you're probably right, sadly. I don't think the new season will even get off the ground.

That being the case, the title should be awarded to Airdrie as they will be top at the point of abandonment. It's only fair and is in keeping with the sporting integrity that all clubs like to show.

3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Mutch

Mercer Hall Durnan Dixon

New RW Miller New CM Connolly

Dowds New ST

Subs: New GK, Sneddon, New CB, Telfer, Gomis, Laverty, Todd, L Miller, Sammon.

I didn't see Todd enough to know where he should play or if he's good enough to start but at least RB is sorted. 

Don't think Keena would be dropping down to L1 if he came back to Scotland, unless he's had a disaster at Hartlepool, happy to be wrong though.

I don't think they're terrible and not having a pop at you (just happens to be a post with both listed) but I think there has been a bit of rewriting of Hall/Durnan and I can see reality hitting hard in the early games if we go with those two as starters. Durnan as a big old lump heading the ball 50 yards is fine but not sure who is taking charge between him and Hall. Would really rather see an old warhorse in the middle. Shades of Watson/Gasparotto for me in that it's two secondary options next to each other.

Would hope Todd is good enough to be a starter.

I'd like to see a sub keeper, new centre back, creative midfielder, proper nippy winger and two strikers as a minimum. At least one of those midfielders/strikers IMO needs to be a bit of a maverick or skilled player, what we have there is so samey and bland at the moment. Swanson has been mentioned and would be exactly what I'm after.

Reality IMO will be some young keeper, a defender on loan and a striker I reckon.

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Where’s the Keena links coming from?

f**k knows as he's been retained by Hartlepool. Fraser Kerr's been released by them though. A giant centre half who played in the Premier with Motherwell. Wonder if he's any good?

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

f**k knows as he's been retained by Hartlepool. Fraser Kerr's been released by them though. A giant centre half who played in the Premier with Motherwell. Wonder if he's any good?

Fraser Kerr was rotten. He was listed as a CB/RB fill in but often came on to play right midfield.

He did get involved in fighting Rangers players on the park though. Top Boi.

Edited by Busta Nut

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Fraser Kerr was rotten. He was listed as a CB/RB fill in but often came on to play right midfield.

He did get involved in fighting Rangers players on the park though. Top Boi.

Please bear in mind the depths we are currently inhabiting.

37 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If Mercer can perform to Doyle's standard then he'll be absolutely fine in this league 

If he can perform to doyles standard then why the feck did we not just keep doyle? He needs to be an improvement on doyle.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't think they're terrible and not having a pop at you (just happens to be a post with both listed) but I think there has been a bit of rewriting of Hall/Durnan and I can see reality hitting hard in the early games if we go with those two as starters. Durnan as a big old lump heading the ball 50 yards is fine but not sure who is taking charge between him and Hall. Would really rather see an old warhorse in the middle. Shades of Watson/Gasparotto for me in that it's two secondary options next to each other.

Would hope Todd is good enough to be a starter.

I'd like to see a sub keeper, new centre back, creative midfielder, proper nippy winger and two strikers as a minimum. At least one of those midfielders/strikers IMO needs to be a bit of a maverick or skilled player, what we have there is so samey and bland at the moment. Swanson has been mentioned and would be exactly what I'm after.

Reality IMO will be some young keeper, a defender on loan and a striker I reckon.

Tbf I did think that as I wrote it, a McCracken/Dods type of signing would be ideal to keep either of Durnan/Hall up to scratch.

The creative midfielder and goalscorer are the two most important positions for us now, get those right and it changes our whole outlook for the season. 

If he can perform to doyles standard then why the feck did we not just keep doyle? He needs to be an improvement on doyle.

Maybe Doyle was on a decent wage and they thought they could get a similar standard for less

Maybe Doyle was on a decent wage and they thought they could get a similar standard for less