The Falkirk FC Thread

Complete rubbish.
Gary Deans conducted himself in an exemplary fashion which was what I expected after having met him.
Good for you. Just as you are entitled to spout shite about the BLM movement and how the lockdown was just one big pile of nonsense, I am entitled to my opinion about the benefits and drawbacks of releasing grandstanding statements. It's something I dont like.

Solidarity with black footballers is something you dont like.

I much prefer life on my side of the fence.

It’s a bit of a concern the old racist @Dawson Park Boyis given free reign to peddle his bile on here. It can only have a negative impact on the good work of the Bairn for Life set up. There must be number of Falkirk fans who would be completely unwilling to contribute when one of the front faces is a foolish old racist.  

Edited by Falkirk09Bairn

6 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

It’s a bit of a concern the old racist @Dawson Park Boyis given free reign to peddle his bile on here. It can only have a negative impact on the good work of the Bairn for Life set up. There must be number of Falkirk fans who would be completely unwilling to contribute when one of the front faces is a foolish old racist.  

Serious questions over whether he should be banned from the ground given his views.  

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Like a lot of people, you'd be happy with yet another rebuild if we manage to get up. Like a lot of other people, I wouldn't. It's all about opinions though.

IF we manage to get up this time, we'd have to rebuild yet again.  

How many of the current squad would be good enough to keep us in the Championship if they weren't even good enough to get us out of League One?  Mutch & Gary Miller excepted, who else?  Connolly? Todd? Gomis for half a game? Can't see how we could avoid another overhaul, sadly. 

13 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Serious questions over whether he should be banned from the ground given his views.  

Difficult to argue against. 

It’s a disgrace that he’s allowed to be the public face of a group created to attract funding for the club while simultaneously posting openly racist stuff on here. 

Would it be worth emailing the group? I think I’ll give it a go anyway. 

M&M sticking with most of the same squad from last season for the sake of continuity has put a lot more pressure on their recruitment this summer as they need to get 5/6 quality signings in to give us a right good chance. But I agree regardless of who we bring in this season we're going to have to have another big overhaul next year if we get promoted but we'd have the advantage of being in a much better position than we are just now.

Up to Housties last season we had ( reportedly) 3/4M in cash. A better than average championship team albeit needing to replace a few players. Roll on two horrendous years of complete mismanagement and a squad equal to the division we are in. We need a serious change at the top and until that is done we could be here for a prolonged stay.
There is nothing to suggest we are going to get out of this league except some vague and lazy assumption regarding where we "belong" which is the exact same thing that convinced us all we would get out of the Championship IMO.

Theres just nothing convincing about anything we are doing. 2 or 3 signings might change that but when all you hear us about missed targets, you do feel some trepidation

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

IF we manage to get up this time, we'd have to rebuild yet again.  

How many of the current squad would be good enough to keep us in the Championship if they weren't even good enough to get us out of League One?  Mutch & Gary Miller excepted, who else?  Connolly? Todd? Gomis for half a game? Can't see how we could avoid another overhaul, sadly. 

That's why i would prefer the 5 or 6 that's still to come in to be ours and not loans ideally. 

Let's not forget that last season we were very unlucky to lose to ayr after outplaying them, beat arbroath comfortably and should've got at least a draw against hearts. I always felt that some of our players are suited more to the league above which they are used to playing in far more. Lot will depend on whether you want to go up and simply stay up or go up and challenge. If its the latter you're going to have to rebuild anyway.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Let's not forget that last season we were very unlucky to lose to ayr after outplaying them, beat arbroath comfortably and should've got at least a draw against hearts. I always felt that some of our players are suited more to the league above which they are used to playing in far more. Lot will depend on whether you want to go up and simply stay up or go up and challenge. If its the latter you're going to have to rebuild anyway.

From who we have signed there are bankers as starters for most games.

Mutch - Durnan - Dixon - G Miller - Connolly - Dowd - Sammon that is the core of the team like it or not. We need pace, drive and flair in our signings.

Interesting times await.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

That's why i would prefer the 5 or 6 that's still to come in to be ours and not loans ideally. 

Yeah, would agree. That would mean those 5 or 6 - recognisably good quality signings - coming on two year deals, to have that continuity.  

With around 850 season tickets renewed to date, apparently, still a way to go to generate suitable funds.  

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

From who we have signed there are bankers as starters for most games.

Mutch - Durnan - Dixon - G Miller - Connolly - Dowd - Sammon that is the core of the team like it or not. We need pace, drive and flair in our signings.

Interesting times await.

If Sammons a banker for starting most games we won't be near winning the league. Fortunately the fact Lee Miller played in a lot of our games last season tells me m&m already know Sammon's not the answer. The rest however i'll agree with. 

Edited by FFC 1876

19 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Yeah, would agree. That would mean those 5 or 6 - recognisably good quality signings - coming on two year deals, to have that continuity.  

With around 850 season tickets renewed to date, apparently, still a way to go to generate suitable funds.  

There lies the problem. We need to be generating a lot more cash via season tickets to be able to offer the Alstons and Keillor-Dunns of this world a deal that would tempt them.

I think as well a lot of people will be holding off just now as we don't actually know for certain yet when fans will be allowed back into stadiums. Going to have to get BTW streaming Falkirk TV upstairs.  Some teams won't be able to sign players down to the fact they can't then furlough the player till October so just now i'd imagine there won't be as much competition for signings. But as bainsfordbairn said with the premiership starting early we could see more players become available nearer our season starting as they realise they aren't going to play as much as they'd like to ala Mcmanus.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Good for you. Just as you are entitled to spout shite about the BLM movement and how the lockdown was just one big pile of nonsense, I am entitled to my opinion about the benefits and drawbacks of releasing grandstanding statements. It's something I dont like.

Solidarity with black footballers is something you dont like.

I much prefer life on my side of the fence.

Moutinho, you got views on the racism seeing as you red dotted two posters who have called it out?

Possible the coming season will interrupted enough times to make it a farce.  Seven non-playing staff at St.Mirren have covid.  That might just be the first time this happens this coming season and not the last.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53521306

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake