The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If you use your loans correctly you end up with players that are too good for this league but too raw for their parent team. Quite happily have 5/6 loans in as ultimately that should mean we have money to spend elsewhere. For example I fully expect us to bring in a keeper on loan as back up rather than wasting a wage on someone who all going well isn't going to play.

Aye, would fully expect the back-up keeper to be a loan. If we bring in 6 loans though, where would we be spending money? We'd have a 21 man squad at that point so don't think we'd be bringing anybody else in.

Who was the last loan that we signed permanently? With 6 or 7 deals expiring at the end of the upcoming season, the expiry of 6 loans at the end would possibly leave us with yet another rebuild.

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The numbers are one thing its the 4 allowed from any one team that is farcical.  

Aye, that doesn't sit very well with me either. Could end up with Sevco or Sellick reserves playing for us every week!!

Some key players for ourselves and others around us over recent years have been loans, or younger players freed by the OF. I'm hoping Miller/McCracken have connections at enough top flight clubs or through eg Robbie Neilson or Jim Jefferies to get us a few decent players in on loan.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

For example I fully expect us to bring in a keeper on loan as back up rather than wasting a wage on someone who all going well isn't going to play.

Most loan deals for players that are any good require the club to pay a large part of the wages. Very few loans are free.

If you use your loans correctly you end up with players that are too good for this league but too raw for their parent team. Quite happily have 5/6 loans in as ultimately that should mean we have money to spend elsewhere. For example I fully expect us to bring in a keeper on loan as back up rather than wasting a wage on someone who all going well isn't going to play.

Why would a club loan us a keeper knowing that he would not be playing?

Some key players for ourselves and others around us over recent years have been loans, or younger players freed by the OF. I'm hoping Miller/McCracken have connections at enough top flight clubs or through eg Robbie Neilson or Jim Jefferies to get us a few decent players in on loan.

Completely agree. At this level and to an extent the Championship there’s a lot of 1 year deals about so whether that’s a loan or not it really doesn’t make any difference.

Just hopefully better than utter shite we wasted our loans on last season. David McMillan, Rafa De Vita and Lewis Moore ffs.

Why would a club loan us a keeper knowing that he would not be playing?

It literally happened in January when we got Ferrie on loan from Dundee.

No really been on much with the lack of football and missed all the new contracts earlier in the week. But fair to say I’m still absolutely gutted that I need to watch that gutless wee jobber Charlie Telfer steal a wage again this season.

Seething.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If we do go up we would require a rebuild any anyway, there would be no more that 4 -5 players kept from what we have signed at present.

Yes, but if the 5 or 6 that we've still to bring in are mainly our own rather than loans, I'd want them to be better than we already have and capable of making the step up. Therefore I'd be looking at signing players on longer deals (with probably a no-promotion get out clause)

46 minutes ago, Russ said:

No really been on much with the lack of football and missed all the new contracts earlier in the week. But fair to say I’m still absolutely gutted that I need to watch that gutless wee jobber Charlie Telfer steal a wage again this season.

Seething.

And Sammon

Not a betting man, but suspect many clubs after the disgraceful voting will give us a polite F... O.. 
especially If we are looking at loans from Scottish clubs, would imagine that this will prove difficult. Just hope guys like JJ, and previous English clubs are approachable.

We won’t be bringing many if any from down south as there will no way be paying accommodation for players

I was surprised Leitch got another deal. Laverty deal will be peanuts and a gesture of good will, would not want to be relying on him to get up this season.

I really hope Laverty makes the grade. He has a bit about him I believe in terms of attitude to go with ability.

I really hope Laverty makes the grade. He has a bit about him I believe in terms of attitude to go with ability.
Hes showing something to someone because we are surely well past the point of feeling it charitable to keep him on. Hopefully he is a wildcard this season. How refreshing it would be for us all to be desperate to sign a midfield game changer and one emerges who has been well looked after by the club. Laddie would be a fucking hero if he stepped up and grabbed it by the scruff this season.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Yes but what is the point from the players and loaning club point of view?

The parent club get a portion of their players' wages paid by someone else.

The player gets closer to a first team slot, as all it would take is one injury for him to be in.  I doubt that would have been the case for Ferrie at Dundee. 

Definitely time for us to use any contacts we have(if any) to get some decent youngsters in on loan. Do you think Hibs fans were worrying about Liam Henderson not being their own player when he was tearing up the championship?

13 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To me its crazy at a time when we should be wanting clubs to take players off an ever increasing dole queue we're allowing them to take more players on board that are already getting their wages paid elsewhere.

Correct , this is for the benefit f a few top clubs and not the good of the game or the players.