The Falkirk FC Thread

Aberdeen have released quite a few of their youngsters this summer might be worth a look considering the last Aberdeen youngster we signed was Robbie Mutch...

The only other one I can think of previous to that is John Stewart though, so we're at two ends of the spectrum there.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aberdeen have released quite a few of their youngsters this summer might be worth a look considering the last Aberdeen youngster we signed was Robbie Mutch...

The only other one I can think of previous to that is John Stewart though, so we're at two ends of the spectrum there.

Who was the lad that was on loan at Dunfermline a few seasons back, Bruce Anderson was it? He looked ok, think he missed a pen against us at EEP though. 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Who was the lad that was on loan at Dunfermline a few seasons back, Bruce Anderson was it? He looked ok, think he missed a pen against us at EEP though. 

Bruce Anderson would be a cheat code in League One. 

Anderson only had aimless hoofs to work with during his loan spell with us and still showed he was too good for the championship,  league 1 would be incredibly easy for him.  Don’t think he was one of the released players but if he’s available even on loan then he’ll have plenty of choice.

Edited by parsforlife

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Heard we’re in the market for McNulty.

On 19/07/2020 at 19:24, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm not a Falkirk supporter but enjoyed that and he comes across really well.

One point though, when you're talking about the historic jail I think you're mixing up Inverurie (in Aberdeenshire) with Inveraray (in Argyll).

Yeah! I was haha. I checked afterwards. Hes a really mature young chap. Fully enjoyed  chatting to him.

LOAN REGULATIONS AMENDED FOR 2020/21

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LOAN PLAYERS AT ANY CLUB AT ANY ONE TIME INCREASED TO SIX...

Following a recommendation from the Coronavirus Joint Response Regulation Sub-Group, the SPFL Board has approved new regulations regarding loans between SPFL clubs for the 2020/21 season.

In summary, in relation to domestic loans an SPFL club is now permitted to have registered to it:

(i) a maximum of 6 players on loan at any one time plus any approved emergency goalkeeper (increased from 4);  

(ii) a maximum of 2 players on loan at any one time from another club in the same SPFL division (increased from 1); and    

(iii) a maximum of 4 players on loan at any one time from another club in a different SPFL division (increased from 2).  

6 players allowed on loan this season so hopefully we use that avenue a lot better this year. 

Guest Ecosse83
12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Major shift with this announcement, and most likely a game changer for certain clubs, good (shrewd) managers should make this work very well, albeit now doubt it will come down to relationships with the “bigger” clubs. 
Forgot to ask, when did the 42 clubs vote for the change ?

They didn't need to Lawwell is back in the board 🤔

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

6 players allowed on loan this season so hopefully we use that avenue a lot better this year. 

Not sure that I'd want 6 players on loan TBH. Imagine if they were all in the team and we win the league with them as key men, knowing that they'd all be fucking off at the end of the season, leaving us with a mini rebuild again? 2 or 3 maybe but not 6.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Not sure that I'd want 6 players on loan TBH. Imagine if they were all in the team and we win the league with them as key men, knowing that they'd all be fucking off at the end of the season, leaving us with a mini rebuild again? 2 or 3 maybe but not 6.

If the choice is the above or not winning the league I know which I'd pick.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

If the choice is the above or not winning the league I know which I'd pick.

Aye, me too, obviously. Ideally I'd prefer to do it with our own players to avoid another rebuild though.

If you use your loans correctly you end up with players that are too good for this league but too raw for their parent team. Quite happily have 5/6 loans in as ultimately that should mean we have money to spend elsewhere. For example I fully expect us to bring in a keeper on loan as back up rather than wasting a wage on someone who all going well isn't going to play.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I didn't realise we have 14 players already signed up, 15 if you include Lee Miller. So we're probably only talking about 5/6 new signings to come in if we're lucky. 

I’d be surprised if Leitch and Laverty don’t go out on loan.

2 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

I’d be surprised if Leitch and Laverty don’t go out on loan.

Leitch was given a new deal last year and popped out on loan for the second half of the season I'd be very surprised if he's then put out on loan again this season.