The Falkirk FC Thread

Disappointed to see Dowds go but it was just a matter of time that he got the move to full time football.

Will be interesting to see how he goes at Falkirk. Austin left us with similar praise but didn’t kick on his career. Both players are very different though.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Have you got any strikers apart from permacrock?

So you lose a 19 goal striker and replace him with a 6 goal striker, well done. Vaughan may or may not stay fit we have to wait and see but if he does then he's far better than anything Falkirk has. Guaranteed we will bring in 2 strikers and a 3rd on loan so we'll be okay up front. How did it go when you tried to sign Regan Hendry that's right he signed for us and helped us get promotion. As I've said enjoy the seaside league, one more season and your in it for the long haul no pressure.

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

So you lose a 19 goal striker and replace him with a 6 goal striker, well done. Vaughan may or may not stay fit we have to wait and see but if he does then he's far better than anything Falkirk has. Guaranteed we will bring in 2 strikers and a 3rd on loan so we'll be okay up front. How did it go when you tried to sign Regan Hendry that's right he signed for us and helped us get promotion. As I've said enjoy the seaside league, one more season and your in it for the long haul no pressure.

I don't think we ever tried to sign Regan Hendry so you've fell flat with that one. Think it was more of a case he was on loan at Raith so decided to sign on permanently with them when his contract ran out at Celtic. Had we actually been in for him i'm pretty sure we both know who he'd have signed for.

Well now, if 1974 is your year of birth, that would really be something.

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Those 2 strikers your getting is that with the money your asking the other SPFL clubs to stump up for your (cough) legal costs or is it from the crowdfunding page

Edited by AL-FFC

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not a lot happening down raith way. Our old keeper and thats it. Mcglynn must be struggling.

Would be an unbelievable signing if he could be arsed/is fit. Are you just plucking a name out of the air here?

I think he would do a job and we need a number 10. We don’t have anyone near his quality

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think he would do a job and we need a number 10. We don’t have anyone near his quality

You heard something or is he just someone you would like us to sign?

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Think we should get mark mcnulty before he signs on at Methil. Should be easy enough to persuade him to give up the 2 years left on his reading deal to sign for us.

Groucho Marx once famously said: “I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER”.

Falkirk are now such a sad state of affairs that if any player is happy enough to sign for us at the moment then he can’t be very good and he has absolutely no ambition.

Don't worry, Shadwell will be along shortly to post something to cheer you all up.😋

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not a lot happening down raith way. Our old keeper and thats it. Mcglynn must be struggling.

Plenty time season doesnt start until mid October and players aren't back training until mid August what's the rush. 

Guest Ecosse83
25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What keeper have they signed?

1 minute ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

215278669_ScreenShot2020-07-20at22_30_04.thumb.png.7fe441b2e5c521b2f238efd5a344c688.png

Not too fussed about that one i've never been overly impressed with him and he's getting on a bit now. I'd rather see us pick up some young whippet. Like a prime Kieran Duffie to lay goals on a plate for big Dowdsy.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Pretty sure John Rankin retired unless he has came out of retirement:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/clyde-star-john-rankin-announces-22256968

Yes he did retire but is coming back as a centre half despite being 5ft nothing and never having played there before - it happens all the time .