The Falkirk FC Thread

Happy enough with Dowds. We won't be able to replace the production of McManus with one direct replacement but we can get more from three new strikers than we did from a combined Johnstone/MacMillan/McManus.

Much better signing players on their way up rather than guys taking any full time pay day they can get as they transition to that Herbalife sales gig.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Good call, somebody's probably already asked you this so apologies for repeating but what can we expect from him?

Big strong lad.

Will do what you expected from sammon.

Bullies defenders, wins headers from every goal kick, score goals, run and pass defences. Will all only be better with a full time set up

7 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Big strong lad.

Will do what you expected from sammon.

Bullies defenders, wins headers from every goal kick, score goals, run and pass defences. Will all only be better with a full time set up

Is he agressive/puts it about a bit?

I do hope so. I dont really remember as the Falkirk v East Fife games I was at last season werent punctuated by much in the way of forward play from either side. 

Guest Ecosse83

It's good to hear he turned down a few offers in the Championship to sign for us. 

As soon as 3 or 4 teams in the Championship have their squads ready we should compete with the rest of them for the better players!

Edited by Ecosse83

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A strike partnership of Dowds and Nelson would yield more goals than McManus + the 3 dumplings we had last season imo 

We’d be lucky to make the playoffs with a Nelson- Dowds partnership. We need a proven goal scorer alongside Dowds, not a guy who scored 4 goals last season.

Its going to be a tight squad so every member has to pull their weight and add something to the team.  To me  theres two I wouldnt have extended and thats gomis and telfer.  The midfield area was our biggest problem last season and yet we seem to be going with more of the same. Telfer adds nothing and gomis a year older and with miller signed just isnt what we need.  Very surprised that telfer is back and yet todd isn't given they signed him in january.

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Dowds very similar to nelson thats my only concern.  The yak and nelson were a good partnership as they both had totally different styles.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its going to be a tight squad so every member has to pull their weight and add something to the team.  To me  theres two I wouldnt have extended and thats gomis and telfer.  The midfield area was our biggest problem last season and yet we seem to be going with more of the same. Telfer adds nothing and gomis a year older and with miller signed just isnt what we need.  Very surprised that telfer is back and yet todd isn't given they signed him in january.

Wasnt Todd signed on an 18 months deal? Think hes here for another year. 

Durnan and Telfer are the 2 i wouldnt have signed still it could have been worse we came a baw hair away from having Durnan as a Captain if the interview with M and M is anything to go by.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Wasnt Todd signed on an 18 months deal? Think hes here for another year. 

Aye you're right the herald was talking pish regarding that originally. Even more reason not to sign gomis and telfer. The fact we now still have 5 of the midfield that let us down last season is a very worrying stat and says that m and m are unable to see where the issues were last season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I am not sure Gomis is in the conversation but I dont think you can have Todd and Telfer in the same team and for me, Todd every day.

Aye you're right the herald was talking pish regarding that originally. Even more reason not to sign gomis and telfer.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I am not sure Gomis is in the conversation but I dont think you can have Todd and Telfer in the same team and for me, Todd every day.

We need legs and drive in the middle of the park stevie wonder can see that but none of our midfielders have that and yet we're signing them all back up.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye you're right the herald was talking pish regarding that originally. Even more reason not to sign gomis and telfer. The fact we now still have 5 of the midfield that let us down last season is a very worrying stat and says that m and m are unable to see where the issues were last season.

Didn't we only lose 1 game in the league with them as managers? Maybe the issues aren't as bad as you think!

14 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

We’d be lucky to make the playoffs with a Nelson- Dowds partnership. We need a proven goal scorer alongside Dowds, not a guy who scored 4 goals last season.

See this proven goal scorer malarky, do you honestly think we are going to sign a striker right now who in the last three seasons has scored 15+ goals? Nelson brings you a bit of dig, he holds up the ball and he can properly run the channels(not like Sammon) he was also becoming a lot more clinical towards the end of his tenure with us. Most dundee fans i've seen comment on him leaving would have liked him to stay but he's not good enough for Falkirk? Dreamland.

Edited by FFC 1876