The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

IMG_8608.jpg

Telfer stays

No complaints bad Telfer who’s very meh.

Durnan, Connolly and Dixon all improved once Ray Mc left. Didn’t get to see much of Hall personally.

I’ll reserve judgement until we see who the new additions are.

Happy enough to keep some of last season’s lot as a core to build from but every single new signing is going to have to be a hit otherwise I don’t think we’ll have enough.

We don’t have the money or time in a 27-game season to sign and bed in a whole new squad again, so I’m quite happy to stick with the core of last season’s team. 

I wouldn’t have kept Telfer personally, but he clearly has ability so he needs to show it much more often in matches.

Edited by Moutinho

17 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Think so mate. We will probably sign another 4-5 on top of that

Worry I've got is that those 4-5 will need to be the 4/5 best players in the squad for us to feel confident starting the season.

With the short season I do agree with having some continuity though.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Whats the definition of insanity?

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Telfer signing emphasises the idea that m and m are clueless. The squad wasn't good enough last season so let's sign up too many of the same dross.  He adds nothing when we badly need  different bodies in the middle of the park. 

doom.gif.7963ae9484bc48138379b468c5781dca.gif

At various points in the season I was fucking raging with Dixon Durnan and Telfer from that list, and was at one point totally indifferent to Connolly verging on considering him a waste of a place in the squad.

Every single one of them subsequently put in performances that at the very least justify M&M keeping them on a continuity/fine for this league/budget better used elsewhere type basis, with the glaring exception of Charlie Telfer who, starting or off the bench, continually offered nothing. The only memorable thing he did in M&Ms tenure was get himself sent of like a fucking coward against Raith in a match which IIRC would have put us top, and I dont think subsequent matches would have seen us drop from there. We didnt get out of this league on a very fine margin and it's easy to argue he contributed to it.

27 game firefight with a better team than Raith. Telfer is the last thing we need in a Falkirk shirt.

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

This a dowds incoming type post...

Yep. I doubt we told East Fife what time the post was scheduled for so I'm guessing Mr SSY is someone close to Dowds. He also teased the signing on here the day after it happened. 

It's a long time since we've had a player-ITK poster on the FFC messageboard. The last one that I know of was Kevin O Hara's dad.