The Falkirk FC Thread

Call me an idealist but if Ritchie and Alexander were really of a mind to help the club then dipping into their pockets to fund a few decent signings to get us promoted would be a given.
Easy for me to spend their money I know but they probably wouldn’t even notice the money had gone.

First priority is our survival and financial viability imo....

37 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

However, in a time of crisis, you want to drive our security out of the club with no alternative?....

Absolutely. It’s because of their leadership that we are where we are. Are you honestly telling me that you believe there is no alternative?

38 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

The Board of Directors and MSG have no obligation to put any more of their money into the club than they already have in the same way fans have no obligation to contribute to a crowdfunder.

Correct, they don’t. So in that case, fu*k off and let other investors take the club forward. 

Out of interest, can you elaborate on what money have they put in that they haven’t had back out again?

39 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Call me an idealist but if Ritchie and Alexander were really of a mind to help the club then dipping into their pockets to fund a few decent signings to get us promoted would be a given.
Easy for me to spend their money I know but they probably wouldn’t even notice the money had gone.

Actually, a few years ago, possibly 2016, they wrote off a few hundred thousand of loans which they had given to the club.

Very generous indeed I would contend.

Look, we need to get their shareholding’s diluted which was the aim of the fans buyout which I would be keen to see resurrected.

Absolutely. It’s because of their leadership that we are where we are. Are you honestly telling me that you believe there is no alternative?

And you’re honestly telling me that the club is completely viable just now in its current form with current expenditure without any dipping in pockets?

And no, at this moment, I see no viable alternative on the immediate horizon.

They’ve certainly made some very major errors, but rather that at this point in time, than us being run by some shady investor with ulterior motive.....

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

And you’re honestly telling me that the club is completely viable just now in its current form with current expenditure without any dipping in pockets?

They’ve certainly made some very major errors, but rather that at this point in time, than us being run by some shady investor with ulterior motive.....

The main errors have been the decision making either by them or the people they have appointed to make these decisions. The budgets available to fund the first team have been fine.

41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What about the fans group?

What about the fans group?

I’m absolutely for investing in the club, but we need long term security to cater for circumstances like the current. Unless that includes very wealthy investors willing to step in, I don’t think it’s a risk free solution that’s necessarily going to move us forward long term.....

Why should they? 

Absolutely no one should insist that they do put money in. However despite all the front they are still a massive influence on the direction of the club.

Why not step aside and allow investment? Let’s not forget they were part of 6 people who stopped 1000 fans investing significant sums 18 months ago and choose an absolute chance before the people who have funded the club during their 20 odd years involved.

First priority is our survival and financial viability imo....

We have no financial issues. Gary Deans has said that and others involved are proudly telling anyone who will listen how long the club could last with no football being played

Actually, a few years ago, possibly 2016, they wrote off a few hundred thousand of loans which they had given to the club.
Very generous indeed I would contend.
Look, we need to get their shareholding’s diluted which was the aim of the fans buyout which I would be keen to see resurrected.

Excuse me they didn’t write it off. Only one turned their equity in shares fully and the rest took most of their soft loans out including the money they put up for the pitch. Let’s not forget they had to put cash in because they made a hash of it in the first place.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Excuse me they didn’t write it off. Only one turned their equity in shares fully and the rest took most of their soft loans out including the money they put up for the pitch. Let’s not forget they had to put cash in because they made a hash of it in the first place.

In the 2015 Accounts at Note 17 it says ‘£352k of  repayments were made in the year, with the lenders agreeing to WAIVE £166346 of the loans and covert £37k of the loans to share capital.

I interpret the word waive as meaning to write off?

Guest Ecosse83

There appears to be a lot of early knicker wetting on here already, it's going to be a long 3 months until the season starts 🙈

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Absolutely no one should insist that they do put money in. However despite all the front they are still a massive influence on the direction of the club.

Why not step aside and allow investment? Let’s not forget they were part of 6 people who stopped 1000 fans investing significant sums 18 months ago and choose an absolute chance before the people who have funded the club during their 20 odd years involved.

I’m not sure that asking fans to put in significant sums to buy the club will work in the middle of a huge recession where many will have lost their jobs and many more are about to. Will buying shares in Falkirk Football Club really be top of people’s priority list? 

The previous ownership proposal never got to the stage of anyone giving any money so it’s far from clear whether there was ever sufficient interest in fan ownership, never mind with what’s happening now. 

2 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

I’m not sure that asking fans to put in significant sums to buy the club will work in the middle of a huge recession where many will have lost their jobs and many more are about to. Will buying shares in Falkirk Football Club really be top of people’s priority list? 

The previous ownership proposal never got to the stage of anyone giving any money so it’s far from clear whether there was ever sufficient interest in fan ownership, never mind with what’s happening now. 

I think the commitments given were from people who fully intended to carry through with their pledge.

Certainly was the case with me and others who I know.

I think the commitments given were from people who fully intended to carry through with their pledge.
Certainly was the case with me and others who I know.

I agree that most who pledged would have invested if the structure and management of the BtB bid had been deemed to be robust.