The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I wasn't aware they paid a fee for him and you do have a point about the 3 year contract! 

Whatever fee will be absolutely minimal, O'Hara had his contract extended for Furlough but it was out of contract within a month. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Do folk actually follow football outside plodding along to the Falkirk Stadium every second week? O'Hara hit double figures in the league above us, got a similar number of assists and won Alloa's POTY. 

He might improve at the pars or he may play the way he played whilst at us and stenny. Who knows. 3 year contract isn't worth the gamble.

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Whatever fee will be absolutely minimal, O'Hara had his contract extended for Furlough but it was out of contract within a month. 

It was a development fee that Alloa would be entitled to but even then it wouldn’t have been much after 1 season at a club.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He might improve at the pars or he may play the way he played whilst at us and stenny. Who knows. 3 year contract isn't worth the gamble.

If he develops the way Nisbet has, it absolutely is worth it. 

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If he develops the way Nisbet has, it absolutely is worth it. 

And if he's shit you've got a player hanging about for 3 years. Nisbet had at least scored a Barrowload the season before all you've got to gamble on is 10 goals in 27 matches which is hardly anything special. Trouten scored 8 this season in only 19 games and 10 last season in 30 or something so you cant even say its great because its alloa.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

How many did Rudden score for us in the Championship? Couldn't ha e been much more than 10!

12. I'm still not sure he'll make it either. Struggled at Plymouth and yet to score for partick.  I liked his effort and enthusiasm but wasn't surprised when rangers let him go. Big season for him coming up.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

12. I'm still not sure he'll make it either. Struggled at Plymouth and yet to score for partick.  I liked his effort and enthusiasm but wasn't surprised when rangers let him go. Big season for him coming up.

You could not fault O'Hara for effort either,he just lacked the killer touch.

With Partick joining the fray, this feels very like the Championship year when Accies reeled in the big cash for McCarthy and MacArthur, and good old Martin was happy to tell folks “well, you know, we really can’t be competing with Hamilton and their money, play offs need to be seen as a realistic target”.

Without having a Martin to do the cold water pouring, everything so far seems to be sending out a similar message. It’s going to take a brilliant bit of recruitment or several chunks of luck to take what we have, add to it, and come up with a seaside league winning team.

That old saying of “the more things change, the more they remain the same” seems about right.

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's been pretty much injured since he signed for Thistle. If they can get him fit, with Graham and Lyons they will score plenty in this league which doesn't bode well for us. 

31 minutes ago, keithgy said:

You could not fault O'Hara for effort either,he just lacked the killer touch.

I always felt he lost that electric pace he came into the side with and never seemed to recover it.  That was a major part of his game.

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

This year is very important for our club.

Its going to be very difficult to get out of this league and, to do so, we need a couple of energetic attacking midfielders and another forward, assuming that Dowds is coming.

Apart from a RB I’m not too worried about the defence as Dixon is quite versatile and so too is Miller.

To do well we need some quality players and for that to happen we need cash.

I don’t know the state of the finances but I’d be up for some kind of crowdfunder purely for the playing budget.

ive already bought ST’s and paid the full whack but I know quite a lot  of folks who would happily pay some extra to get some quality in.

The finances are absolutely fine. Our two largest shareholders are multi-millionaires. How about they dip their hands in their pockets for a change and rectify the shambles that their ownership has oversaw rather than us mugs volunteering to organise crowdfunders? Jesus fu*king wept!!

Edited by MSG GTF!

6 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

The finances are absolutely fine. Our two largest shareholders are multi-millionaires. How about they dip their hands in their pockets for a change and rectify the shambles that their ownership has oversaw rather than us mugs volunteering to organise crowdfunders? Jesus fu*king wept!!

The main aim should be to get their influence diluted in the club not give them reasons to hang about longer.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The main aim should be to get their influence diluted in the club not give them reasons to hang about longer.

Couldn’t agree more. Just making the point that fans organising crowdfunders is absolutely ludicrous when those two ars*holes are still so heavily involved.

Couldn’t agree more. Just making the point that fans organising crowdfunders is absolutely ludicrous when those two ars*holes are still so heavily involved.

However, in a time of crisis, you want to drive our security out of the club with no alternative?....

32 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

The Board of Directors and MSG have no obligation to put any more of their money into the club than they already have in the same way fans have no obligation to contribute to a crowdfunder.

Call me an idealist but if Ritchie and Alexander were really of a mind to help the club then dipping into their pockets to fund a few decent signings to get us promoted would be a given.
Easy for me to spend their money I know but they probably wouldn’t even notice the money had gone.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Call me an idealist but if Ritchie and Alexander were really of a mind to help the club then dipping into their pockets to fund a few decent signings to get us promoted would be a given.
Easy for me to spend their money I know but they probably wouldn’t even notice the money had gone.

Why should they?