The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It's the time of year for ITK nods and winks.

Knowing our recruitment history mcmanus probably all our striking targets. Deans and m & m are now probably trawling football manager every night to try and find another option. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Rumour was we were in for O'Hara aswell, and Ricky Foster. 

O'hara? Fecks sake I hope not. Only us would be willing to pay money for a player we'd freed 12 months earlier. Shambles.Getting more concerned by the minute.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Knowing our recruitment history mcmanus probably all our striking targets. Deans and m & m are now probably trawling football manager every night to try and find another option. 

I’m guessing McHugh may have been a target like last season.

19 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I’m guessing McHugh may have been a target like last season.

Our targets seem very limited to players we have had before. Miller and mccracken as young managers should have a decent amount of contacts who are still playing. Look at mccall when he first became a young manager he was able to persuade players to play for him that his clubs would normally be unable to afford .  We dont seem to be getting any of that at the moment.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Ecosse83
33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

O'hara? Fecks sake I hope not. Only us would be willing to pay money for a player we'd freed 12 months earlier. Shambles.Getting more concerned by the minute.

I'd have taken O'Hara back right away. Still very young and found his feet last season in a higher division than us. 

The only thing that is concerning me at present is Telfer staying for next season!

31 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'd have taken O'Hara back right away. Still very young and found his feet last season in a higher division than us. 

The only thing that is concerning me at present is Telfer staying for next season!

O'hara had an ok season under no pressure. 10 goals in 27 league games is nothing outstanding. I certainly wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him scoring the goals required to get us promoted.  Will be interesting to see how he does at Dunfermline having been honking for us every time he got his chance.

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our targets seem very limited to players we have had before. Miller and mccracken as young managers should have a decent amount of contacts who are still playing. Look at mccall when he first became a young manager he was able to persuade players to play for him that his clubs would normally be unable to afford .  We dont seem to be getting any of that at the moment.

Nobody had heard of Farid or Taylor when we signed them so there are gems out there for sure.

However the division we are in and the short season format will be a negative factor.

Players will be wanting certainty so getting in early maybe the smart move. 

They were all over O’Hara like a cheap perfume

Guest Ecosse83
21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

O'hara had an ok season under no pressure. 10 goals in 27 league games is nothing outstanding. I certainly wouldn't be pinning my hopes on him scoring the goals required to get us promoted.  Will be interesting to see how he does at Dunfermline having been honking for us every time he got his chance.

10 goals on the Championship isn't bad, as we seen from McManus it's a big jump League 1 up to Championship. He would have done well for us next season in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

10 goals on the Championship isn't bad, as we seen from McManus it's a big jump League 1 up to Championship. He would have done well for us next season in my opinion. 

Big gamble to pay cash for him and take him on a 3 year deal based on one half decent season at Alloa.  Different if a one year free transfer gamble.