The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sounds like what we were saying last year with our signings. I'm glad we've 'missed' out on that one. Hoping for a wee pick me up Friday signing today but I think i'm being a bit optimistic. 

Mutch

New Durnan/Hall New Dixon

New Miller New Connolly

New New

Subs:

Todd

Durnan/Hall

Snedden

New gk

Gomis

Miller

New

With Sammon running up and down the channels with a hose at half time.

I'd wouldnt be averse to going for ashcroft as our third centre back  he was always pretty solid and no nonsense.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Andy Nelson just released from Dundee. Always thought he could be a player. Just a bit rough around the edges.

Bit injury prone though but wouldnt complain on his return def with Millers coaching could unlock his potential

21 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

We don’t need 3 strikers who don’t score goals.

I must admit I thought that when he first arrived as his finishing was mediocre at best but it definitely improved vastly in his time at the club.  Think he got 3 in his last 5 with us.Presume he's the boy that didn't accept the wage cut.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Would take Andy Nelson in a heartbeat. As shadwell has said towards the end of his tenure he started getting quite prolific. Pretty sure there were a few mumurs from Dundee fans about his behaviour last season off the pitch though so could maybe be his downfall.

Yeah, would take Nelson back. He worked hard, was mobile and had some pace, and his finishing got better during his time here.  In fact, the exact opposite in every respect of the Harry Haddock who we're currently stuck with. 

Its hard to think how much better than Nelson we could realistically get at this level, unless we can somehow kidnap Rudden. 

30 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Yeah, would take Nelson back. He worked hard, was mobile and had some pace, and his finishing got better during his time here.  In fact, the exact opposite in every respect of the Harry Haddock who we're currently stuck with. 

Its hard to think how much better than Nelson we could realistically get at this level, unless we can somehow kidnap Rudden. 

Or Brian Graham. 

I would be over the moon to see Nelson back. Was gutted that he didnt come back in the summer when we were building a team to "win the league". More than enough potential there and was improving fast towards the end as others have said.

Posted this in the Ayr thread as they're discussing Nelson as well:

I liked Nelson. He was the explosive striker that'd get you excited, but he never seemed to deliver. Became 3rd choice striker behind Hemmings & Danny Johnson then was moved to the wing when he did get on which just isn't for him.

Lot of off field rumours about him which if true, will spell the end for his career if he doesn't get his act together, but overall I'm quite sad he's gone, but there'll be a few that aren't. Second touch is a tackle and that severely hindered any progress with us.  It looks like he wasn't wanting to agree to our reduced terms so wherever he goes I expect he'll be expecting to be the established number one striker and have wages that reflect that.

Can't see a Prem team taking a punt on him (Could be wrong, of course) so he'll either be with a club in the Championship, yourselves or back down South. I'd expect the latter tbh.