The Falkirk FC Thread

Just seen the Belgians are looking to vote on a 16 team league again with the relegations being overturned i wonder if the SPFL have a plan B or is it just to try and hammer Partick and Hearts into any sort of submission till they give up their challenge to have their relegations overturned.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2020/07/14/belgian-pro-league-vote-16-team-format-waasland-beverens-relegation/

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its because they were knocked back for colt teams.

yeah, but who voted for it?  So, some legislative matters go to the vote, and some don't?  

Would quite like to see a 42-club vote on fecking colt teams. 

50 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Another ludicrous idea. Might aswell have rolling subs its getting that ridiculous.

They were talking about it on Clyde 1 SSB, think they mentioned you can have up to 5 substitutions but only 3 breaks for them (not allowed to have 5 individual substitutions)  other thing they mentioned was water stops during the game

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Just seen the Belgians are looking to vote on a 16 team league again with the relegations being overturned i wonder if the SPFL have a plan B or is it just to try and hammer Partick and Hearts into any sort of submission till they give up their challenge to have their relegations overturned.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2020/07/14/belgian-pro-league-vote-16-team-format-waasland-beverens-relegation/

The Belgian situation isn't comparable at all.

Their relegations were overturned as they cancelled the top flight outright, but allowed the second tier to play to a finish.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'm not sure mate. Do you still think he'd last the 90 mins?

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

They were talking about it on Clyde 1 SSB, think they mentioned you can have up to 5 substitutions but only 3 breaks for them (not allowed to have 5 individual substitutions)  other thing they mentioned was water stops during the game

The water stops were brought in because of the higher temperatures supposedly whilst playing over the Summer. There is no way in hell we need water stops playing in Scotland at any time 

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Looking like East Kilbride are following the Kelty Hearts wage structure they have signed Chris Erskine today,our budget will no doubt be cut so what level of player can we expect.

7 days season ticket sales will give M&M their final budget figure. Important we do not get ourselves into a financial mess.

Signings 10-14 days I think

Sadly I think some clubs will go into administration as they will get the incoming v outgoing all wrong.

Next season will be all about controlling costs carefully and keeping outgoings to a minimum as we are down 25% to begin with before we even get to reduced season ticket sales, lower hospitality figures and probably no events etc.

Lee and David will need to work hard to find players that will be able to improve us for the very limited wages I suspect we’ll be able to offer. They will need to sell us as a stepping stone for players.