The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I can't comment on possible signings until the club confirms them but as the Blair Sneddon one is now out.... 

I believe they were wary of announcing a teenager signing from the juniors as the first football story of the season. Some folk like to have a moan so to lessen that they waited until they could do the Captain Miller one first. Not something I agree with but it's a rarity; signings are usually announced as quickly as possible. The normal media guy being on furlough might have had something to do with it too. 

100% my thoughts when the signing of key player/ new player they’ll add a Sneddon on as it’s been done for a few weeks now.

An experienced right back wouldn’t go  a miss...

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Has there been any other rumours lately other than Dowds? Still waiting to see who we're signing up from the current squad for next season, Have I missed anyone from the below list for who's contracted to be here next season?

Mutch, Todd, Laverty, Leitch, Dixon, Miller, Sneddon, Gomis, Telfer, Connolly, Durnan and unfortunately Sammon.

Mutch, Todd, Sneddon, Gomis, Miller, Laverty, Leitch and Sammon (sigh) are all signed up. Remains to be seen how many of the rest will be here. If I was to guess Connolly, Dixon,Hall, Durnan (not fussed) probably stick ons. I really hope Telfer isn't.  

For me Dixon is a certainty and I think Connolly and Hall have shown enough to be kept on. Durnan will be an interesting one.

The biggest disappointment is Telfer. As a footballer, he is better than most on the list of ‘maybes’ which makes the fact he is a massive shite house who is anonymous most weeks even more frustrating. I wonder if he’ll go part time and concentrate on the career in law?

100% my thoughts when the signing of key player/ new player they’ll add a Sneddon on as it’s been done for a few weeks now.
An experienced right back wouldn’t go  a miss...

Ricky Fosters name brings doing the rounds for a number of weeks. Not sure if there is any truth in it mind you

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ricky Fosters name brings doing the rounds for a number of weeks. Not sure if there is any truth in it mind you

Any McDonald’s not a stranger to the stadium.

11 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I think there is a player in Telfer somewhere. It’s whether M and M can get it out of him. 

Telfer's flattered to decieve for far too long. Last season he was non existent and if we can, we may aswell get rid. I'd be fine with Durnan staying as long as he's just back up reminds me of Johnny Flynn and that's not exactly a compliment. M&M obviously fancy Leitch to make an impact this season so i'd imagine we'll see him playing in the 10 role. Need at least 2 strikers in as we can't be relying on Sammon. Dowds would be a start and having watched a few highlights he looks like the target man type so we need to make sure we've got people up supporting him.

4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-2-1-2 for me this season. 

Yeah so strong running through too

Agreed. We EF fans will be sad to see him go- he is one of our favourites! In the past 2 years he won 2 awards. Fans POTY in his first year and young POTY in his second year. He gives a 100%+, an excellent team player- played at times this year when he was carrying an injury as other forwards were out.

His best games have been against higher opposition- namely Dundee Utd, Ross County and Morton.He can definitely play in a higher league.

A number of Championship teams have been reported as interested in him. He is an intelligent lad and will no doubt be going to the F/T team that he thinks will improve him the most- so that must be down to your young coaches.

If he continues the rate of improvement he has achieved in the past 2 years- enjoy him as he is likely not be there for long!If not you can always loan him back to us!!

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Too many of them were shit whilst under mckinnon or m and m. Sammon, telfer, buchanan, tidser, mcshane and johnstone etc would still be shit even with guardiola managing them.

Explain how how we got 32 pts from M&M in 14 league games and 20 from McKinnon then.

Did we sign league one players who know the league without me noticing, no we got managers who got the players working in a team, not suggesting they knew what they were doing 100% but they got the basics correct with players who were more than adequate to win this league. 

The team was there to win the league, the manager was the problem, stats prove that with rookies M & M

14 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We'll wait and see. Will depend a lot on who we sign to partner him as it seems he's more a number 10 than a number 9 going by what the east fife punters are saying.

Dowds struck me as more of a Second Striker, playing the target man or link-up role, so it will indeed matter a lot who you can match him with. While it’s almost heresy to suggest it, it’s not impossible that Sammon might team nicely with Dowds. As was noted often last year, the weakness in the middle cost Falkirk the season, and Sammon definitely isn’t the kind of player who can haul the team on his back. Dowds can perhaps bring a more solid connection between the middle and the attack and it can only improve things for you...even if you are left relying somewhat on Conor, but surely there is another striker signing in the process.

Very slim chance that, after being cited for breaking the rules, Hearts and Partick face expulsion from the league for a season (a punishment thats written in the same part of the documents that shows the rule they broke).

I wonder who would get bumped up to the Championship if both get punted?

And I wonder if Falkirk fans would be disgusted at the unfairness of them being promoted in that manner if it happen...

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Very slim chance that, after being cited for breaking the rules, Hearts and Partick face expulsion from the league for a season (a punishment thats written in the same part of the documents that shows the rule they broke).

I wonder who would get bumped up to the Championship if both get punted?

And I wonder if Falkirk fans would be disgusted at the unfairness of them being promoted in that manner if it happen...

I wonder what makes someone get up on a Monday morning and come into the Falkirk thread spouting utter drivel!

I don't think I'll 100% ever understand this place!