The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Moutinho said:

I think we have the basis of a good squad already at the club. If we can add a few pieces of quality, we’ll be good to go imo. A pacy winger and a striker would be my priorities.

Mutch

New RB Durnan Hall Dixon

New RW Todd Miller Connolly

Sammon New ST

Subs: Leitch, Laverty, Gomis, Dowds

That's giving me the fear, those 3 signings would have to be the best players in the league for that XI to get us up. I think there's a good bit more needing done to the squad.

2 hours ago, Moutinho said:

Mutch

New RB Durnan Hall Dixon

New RW Todd Miller Connolly

Sammon New ST

Subs: Leitch, Laverty, Gomis, Dowds

That's way too meh. At best, and its a stretch, 

Mutch

New RB    New CH  Dixon     New LB

New RW  G. Miller  New CM  Connolly

New ST    New  ST

Subs -  Gomis,  Todd,  Hall,  Miller

Benny T's car park attendant -  Sammon

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Joe Cardles not going to shag you, or any of the other Fifers who cant see that hes now an absolute duffer 

Oh undoubtedly not. Just feel the need to point out something that's obviously wrong, likewise the "Cardle has never performed above the championship" he's spent a couple of seasons in the Premier. 

36 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oh undoubtedly not. Just feel the need to point out something that's obviously wrong, likewise the "Cardle has never performed above the championship" he's spent a couple of seasons in the Premier. 

None of that matters. His past is irrelevant. He's finished. Even if I leave all the name calling aside, I think he is finished and I dont want him to sign for us. 

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

That's way too meh. At best, and its a stretch, 

Mutch

New RB    New CH  Dixon     New LB

New RW  G. Miller  New CM  Connolly

New ST    New  ST

Subs -  Gomis,  Todd,  Hall,  Miller

Benny T's car park attendant -  Sammon

Realistically I don’t see us being able to sign 7 players who are both better than what we have in the first 11 and willing to come to us for the money we can offer.

We’d be far better imo identifying and bringing in 3 or 4 players of real quality perhaps on a bit more money than trying to replace the whole team.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, sure you're chuffed to see the back of McManus... 

1 in 10 you may have got right but I'd say if you expect Declan to be this season's  Lawrence Shankland or Brian Graham you're gonnae be very disappointed.

He's an average Championship striker who won't win you the league. 

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

1 in 10 you may have got right but I'd say if you expect Declan to be this season's  Lawrence Shankland or Brian Graham you're gonnae be very disappointed.

McManus also isnt a player who was freed from Falkirk, he was never out player. He doesnt fit the mould of amusing cast off in any way. 

That said, despite some decent looking signings and a bit of coin, Dunfermline are currently no more than an average Championship side and have never got better than average since returning there from the seaside. Fifers incoming no doubt, but it's true. 

26 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

With respect see where that strategy got us in past few seasons

That isn’t the strategy we’ve followed the last 3 seasons- we’ve replaced virtually the entire team every summer (and January). We don’t have time in a 27 game season to be settling in a whole new team. We need to go mostly with what we’ve got while adding some quality.

6 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Is there any reason why the two rumoured signings haven’t been announced yet?

Bainsfordbairn is probably the only one on here who can answer that question, whether he does or not is a different thing. That Sneddon boy has it all over his social media that he's signing/ signed so it is a bit puzzling that it hasn't been announced. My best guess is that it has something to do with the furlough scheme and they are waiting until the rest of the squad are taken off furlough at the end of the month to give a full update on the playing squad/ new signings. 

3 hours ago, Moutinho said:

3-5-2 doesn’t work in this league. We don’t need 3 centre backs not contributing in an attacking sense against teams who will just sit in.

We looked much better with 4 at the back last season.

As Jock Stein said ' The best defense is to have the ball in to opposition half '  Nothing better than putting down a marker at kick off, get them into their own penalty box  with shots, corners and desperate clearances from them in the first 10 minutes. Far too much low tempo faffing about over the last few seasons. If its a 4-4-2 with mobility would go for that as well. The squad desperately requires pace in all departments !

+

56 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

He will be one of the top scorers in the league. I'll say top scorer outside of Hearts.