The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I've never understood folk that judge a player on 1 game!

Has the boy Dowds got a bit of pace?

3 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Yeah so strong running through too

Oh dear. He'll be too fast for Shadwell then, or too slow, or too short, or too tall, or too fat, or too skinny, or too old, or too young...

40 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh dear. He'll be too fast for Shadwell then, or too slow, or too short, or too tall, or too fat, or too skinny, or too old, or too young...

We'll wait and see. Will depend a lot on who we sign to partner him as it seems he's more a number 10 than a number 9 going by what the east fife punters are saying.

I think we have the basis of a good squad already at the club. If we can add a few pieces of quality, we’ll be good to go imo. A pacy winger and a striker would be my priorities.

Mutch

New RB Durnan Hall Dixon

New RW Todd Miller Connolly

Sammon New ST

Subs: Leitch, Laverty, Gomis, Dowds

4 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

I think we have the basis of a good squad already at the club. If we can add a few pieces of quality, we’ll be good to go imo. A pacy winger and a striker would be my priorities.

Mutch

New RB Durnan Hall Dixon

Sammon New ST

For me todd and miller would give us the same problem we had this year. Not enough pace or legs in there. We need a younger box to box player to play beside miller in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Said this about Gomes too. Good skillful player but what is his actual and best role? Its him or Millar for me not both.

Think Gomes will be a 60 minute player or a sub it's his last season and it will be a killer getting match fit and game savvy. Miller as the holding player in front of the defense is a no brainer. It's how M&M set up the team that will dictate the signings. Hope for a 3-5-2 and set out our stall as a team that will dictate how the game is played - here's hoping we come out the traps for once when the season starts.

Anybody know when we last won the first game of the season ?

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Think Gomes will be a 60 minute player or a sub it's his last season and it will be a killer getting match fit and game savvy. Miller as the holding player in front of the defense is a no brainer. It's how M&M set up the team that will dictate the signings. Hope for a 3-5-2 and set out our stall as a team that will dictate how the game is played - here's hoping we come out the traps for once when the season starts.

3-5-2 doesn’t work in this league. We don’t need 3 centre backs not contributing in an attacking sense against teams who will just sit in.

We looked much better with 4 at the back last season.

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

2007 away to Gretna (Motherwell)

52 minutes ago, Moutinho said:

Mutch

New RB Durnan Hall Dixon

Sammon New ST

What's dowds doing on your bench and sammon is playing. Are you okay in the head? 🤣

18 hours ago, AGPar said:

It meant "feck all" to Stainrod because he was an ex-England international who'd spent years playing in the English top-flight and was coming into a league where his ability, football brain and game intelligence was still more than sufficient to compensate for any decline in fitness and elevate him miles above 99% of the opponents he was coming up against on a weekly basis. It means slightly more in relation to a  33-year old lower league journeyman who's never played at any higher level than the Scottish Championship and whose performances even at that level over the past two seasons proves he cannot cut it any more. 

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The logic here makes zero sense. Da Vita had performed better in the Championship, with a better team more recently than Cardle. Proper hindsight being applied here. If you forget Da Vita ever signed with us, and just ask who you think has more in them, I bet most would pick Da Vita.

No he hadn't, De Vita had absolutely stunk up the championship just before you signed him, he'd suffered a bad knee injury since the last time he was even partly effective in the championship and it showed. 

17 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I personally find it hilarious that Dunfermline watch us go from 1 crisis to another and think it a good idea to sign the dross we are pleased to see the back of.

WTF man.

Aye, sure you're chuffed to see the back of McManus... 

Controversial perhaps but I think we (myself included) are getting to relaxed about guys like Durnan, Hall, Dixon, Miller, Sammon & Connolly being in the starting XI.    Let's face it none of them are actually very good. 

Durnan and Dixon are both error prone, Sammon is utter sh*te , Connolly had a couple of ok games last year in the 2nd half of the season but was hardly mesmerising, Miller moved to midfield and shocked us by occasionally putting a tackle in but offered nothing in a creative sense and  Hall/Todd stood out mostly for not doing too much wrong (rather than anything they did especially well).  

Mutch is basically our only decent player.  (and maybe Dowds, Laverty or Leitch but as yet unknown).

Wish I'd typed this before I bought my season ticket  😄

3 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Is there any reason why the two rumoured signings haven’t been announced yet?

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Because they haven’t signed ??

Or have they 👀

15 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Controversial perhaps but I think we (myself included) are getting to relaxed about guys like Durnan, Hall, Dixon, Miller, Sammon & Connolly being in the starting XI.    Let's face it none of them are actually very good. 

Durnan and Dixon are both error prone, Sammon is utter sh*te , Connolly had a couple of ok games last year in the 2nd half of the season but was hardly mesmerising, Miller moved to midfield and shocked us by occasionally putting a tackle in but offered nothing in a creative sense and  Hall/Todd stood out mostly for not doing too much wrong (rather than anything they did especially well).  

Mutch is basically our only decent player.  (and maybe Dowds, Laverty or Leitch but as yet unknown).

Wish I'd typed this before I bought my season ticket  😄

Tbh we’re just not in a position to be bringing in 18 new players again. Even if we were, we need to hit the ground running with less games this season so it would be a non starter. 

Dixon was excellent for the majority of last season, Hall and Todd we didn’t see enough of to judge and Sammon is certainly capable of doing well at this level so it’s all about getting him to perform.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We'll wait and see. Will depend a lot on who we sign to partner him as it seems he's more a number 10 than a number 9 going by what the east fife punters are saying.

With any luck he may be fighting it out with another two to see who gets the starting berths. (Not Sammon)

52 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

No he hadn't, De Vita had absolutely stunk up the championship just before you signed him, he'd suffered a bad knee injury since the last time he was even partly effective in the championship and it showed. 

Joe Cardles not going to shag you, or any of the other Fifers who cant see that hes now an absolute duffer 

Mutch
New RB Durnan Hall Dixon
Sammon New ST

Starting Sammon up top is mental. You must be at it.