The Falkirk FC Thread

Or just spend the money, run up massive debts, and refuse to honour any of them. It seems to be a decent route to the top flight these days....almost everyone is having a crack at it.

I may be wrong but haven’t we announced a signing on the day season tickets go on sale in previous years?

This regime have never done anything remotely cynical as that before.

Feel like Dowds is getting unnecessary criticism here. He’s a young guy with decent potential and is very highly rated at his current club who play in the same division as us.

Yes we’ve fallen from a great height but it’s not Dowds fault. This is the level we are at and I’d much rather a young up and coming player than the journeymen we’ve endured in recent seasons.

He might do well, he might not but surely we give him a chance. 

He might be good he might not but  signing him won't make a bit of difference to season ticket sales or have people streaming to the shop to buy them.   The big question is who do we sign that will guarantee 20 goals in this league as we can't put our hat on dowds to do that.  Longridge scored only one goal less last season and had double his assists.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Ecosse83

Who's criticising the signing of Dowds? He's exactly the type of signing I want to see us make, young hungry and has something to prove!

12 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Who's criticising the signing of Dowds? He's exactly the type of signing I want to see us make, young hungry and has something to prove!

100% someone who appears to be on the way up and not declining like 3/4 strikers we had last season (Johnstone, McMillan and sammon) 

Similar route into football as Blair Lyons now at Patrick, be interesting to see how the step up to full time and working with BSLM goes for him.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He might be good he might not but  signing him won't make a bit of difference to season ticket sales or have people streaming to the shop to buy them.   

I never understand why this point gets raised at this time every year. 

Football managers - at least at our level - do not make signings to sell season tickets. Or sponsorship, or ad boards, or anything else that brings in money. That's not their concern. Their only focus is bringing in good players so that they don't get the sack for the team under performing. 

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sure signing Anton Dowds will see seasons flying off the shelves.

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He might be good he might not but  signing him won't make a bit of difference to season ticket sales or have people streaming to the shop to buy them.   The big question is who do we sign that will guarantee 20 goals in this league as we can't put our hat on dowds to do that.  Longridge scored only one goal less last season and had double his assists.

And here we fuckin go!! :(

Guest Ecosse83

If we do sign Dowds I think it will also ease some fears about the managers after signings like De Vita in January, young players like Dowds won't be available in January so they probably had their hands tied with who they could bring in!

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You really need to take some time away from P&B.
Fucksake we’re stuck in league 1 and need the kind of players like Dowds to get us out of it, players that know what its like to play in this league and even more important Want to play at a higher level so will work their arses off to get us out of it. Look at the shite we’ve had to endure recently. We are where we are due to so many bad decisions but there’s no point in continually moaning about it. I never renewed my season ticket last year due to how I felt about how we were being run into the ground by the MSG, but that tantrum has gone now. We’re hopefully heading in the right way out of a pandemic and I for one can’t wait to see Falkirk playing again, no matter what league we’re in.
My advice to you, get on board or f**k off because it’s getting really tedious now.