The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Or they've signed the players that jumped at the first offer. The best players may well be playing a waiting game. 

Kevin o'hara mustve thought it was his lucky day getting a 3 year contract.  There will be few of those length of contracts getting banded about even for the good players.

56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The club Twitter account getting used like Del Boy down the market trying to flog any old shite is particularly annoying on the day that Dunfermline have made 3 cracking signings.

Falkirk are an embarrassment and have been for at pretty much 3 years solid now.

Aye but do they have a Tartan Face Covering courtesy of JH Kilt Hire ??

Do they f**k !!!

Guest Ecosse83

The season start is more than 3 months away, it's no great surprise we haven't signed anyone yet. 

Hopefully Telfer gets punted pronto!

I'm not overly concerned at noone having signed just now. Theres that many players out there that there's no point diving in to sign any old dross.  Outside the top flight signings have been few and far between anyway. Dunfermline have bucked the trend but then with Nisbet going they had to bring in some players or risk their high priced season tickets  stalling.  Would be good to get some news next week in line with ours going on sale.

Hiya mate hows you?

27 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Shadwell Dog incandescent with rage and unable to make two posts in a row without mentioning the black and white galacticos. Some Friday. 

Incandescent with rage. Aye right you'll no see me in this state I can assure you.

RUxNODU1NjA5MzA=.jpg

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Whats the point in signing players just now and having to pay them to do feck all for two months.

All I’m saying is I’d be a lot less pissed off about the club being inactive in the transfer market as of now if they weren’t so active in punting/promoting absolute shite, Dave mac and his fuckin god awful shirts being the worst of the lot. Get that so far to f**k.

We've got six players signed and presumably six players who'll be resigned when their short term contract expire. 
If you speculate on a squad size of around eighteen again, then we have six weeks to sign around six players. I believe they hope to begin preseason on 24th August. 

What is the make up of the squad potential?

Mutch
Hall
Durnan
Dixon
Gomis
Connelly
Telfer
Sammon
Miller
Todd

Who have I missed?

The season start is more than 3 months away, it's no great surprise we haven't signed anyone yet. 
Hopefully Telfer gets punted pronto!

Dunfermline start in 3 months time too

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

What is the make up of the squad potential?

Mutch
Hall
Durnan
Dixon
Gomis
Connelly
Telfer
Sammon
Miller
Todd

Who have I missed?

Leitch, Laverty, easily missed in fairness Of that lot, Mutch is fine as first choice goalkeeper and I'd renew Connelly, Dixon, Miller. Todd I think should offer something from the little seen of him to date. Of the rest, Sammon just does not give a toss and hadn't scored a league goal in five months prior to the season being cancelled. Gomis has no more than an hour in his legs. Telfer has just offered nothing and there has to be better centre backs out there than these two. Leitch is simply pointless. In all honesty, precious little to build on.

29 minutes ago, BottiBiabi said:

All I’m saying is I’d be a lot less pissed off about the club being inactive in the transfer market as of now if they weren’t so active in punting/promoting absolute shite, Dave mac and his fuckin god awful shirts being the worst of the lot. Get that so far to f**k.

The thing is they may be shite but they're bringing in some necessary cash for the club through the 50/50. 1500 to 2000 a week during the lockdown plus sponsorship so in that case I can put up with the shiteiness.

1 minute ago, BottiBiabi said:

I think most folk feel the same way and it's a very fair point. The guy who runs the media side tries to space out commercial stories and I know there have occasionally been "disagreements" about how much consecutive sales stuff should go up compared to football news. 

The problem is that all the absolute shite (as you describe it)  brings in money. And apart from strip sales it's the  only revenue the club have right now. The Commercial Dept will presumably still have monthly targets to meet. 

Just skip past it. You only have to flick a screen for a few seconds. I have to spend hours every week producing it. 🥴

As for transfers, they're not inactive. I heard today about several players who knocked us back. I've no idea what the success ratio is for transfer targets, but I was told a few years back that Bob McHugh was the ninth striker we tried to sign that summer.  I imagine it's even harder now we're in League One. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dunfermline start in 3 months time too

Yes and they are lucky enough to have got decent money for a player allowing them to make signings. Are we the only club not signing players at present?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think most folk feel the same way and it's a very fair point. The guy who runs the media side tries to space out commercial stories and I know there have occasionally been "disagreements" about how much consecutive sales stuff should go up compared to football news. 

The problem is that all the absolute shite (as you describe it)  brings in money. And apart from strip sales it's the  only revenue the club have right now. The Commercial Dept will presumably still have monthly targets to meet. 

Just skip past it. You only have to flick a screen for a few seconds. I have to spend hours every week producing it. 🥴

As for transfers, they're not inactive. I heard today about several players who knocked us back. I've no idea what the success ratio is for transfer targets, but I was told a few years back that Bob McHugh was the ninth striker we tried to sign that summer.  I imagine it's even harder now we're in League One. 

Sir Bob gave a few good memories that season against Hibs, think I enjoyed that the most of all recent seasons (ie last ten years) 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The worry would be what happens now if there's a second spike between now and October and lockdown returns.  If you sign a pile of players now you could be in big trouble.  Miller and McCracken have only been back a short time and players are already being courted and have been shown round the stadium so we've been trying to get some in With so many teams having squads to fill though players may take a bit longer to see if something better comes up soon. Thats the problem when your stuck in league one.

Damn straight that’s a worry, but some clubs have done the maths and figure it’s worth the possibility. The question is what is the situation of the club versus ongoing costs is the worst happens.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Or they've signed the players that jumped at the first offer. The best players may well be playing a waiting game. 

It’s certainly possible, however the recent signings, as a whole, seem to generally be in demand players, so are likely to be some of the better available players.

I know that there were definite concerns about the drawdown in cash reserves at FFC over the last two years, so that’s probably a factor in deciding when to sign players. It’s certainly looking like Raith will simply keep the majority of the League One squad and just salt in a little new blood (perhaps loans again), which seems reasonably prudent in case we get bunged back into Legue One anyway.

Yes and they are lucky enough to have got decent money for a player allowing them to make signings. Are we the only club not signing players at present?

We have loads in the bank according to the club