The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I wonder if they would be open to fans paying anything they could afford over the basic price.  South stand is 170/225 which is quite a big gap. If someone can afford to pay say 190 or 200 why not let them. Every penny counts at the end of the day.

This is what I was thinking, I never had a season ticket last year so might just pay the £170 and then buy some extra 50/50 tickets for the Saturday showings of the old games on Falkirk TV. 

Would also allow for sending a bit extra to Strathcarron.

The sale of STs was always going to be difficult for a number of reasons already posted. However given the circumstances, I believe it’s a fair ask. Yes we’ve had the fiasco with the bearded one, yes we’ve had the fans cash investment knock back, and yes we’ve had the most horrid two years. However I genuinely believe that there will be a huge shake up within the club and GD to get it right.  Like the club have stated it’s up to every fan to decide on what option, let’s hope we see a huge uptake whatever option people decide. ( last word on the young Camelon guy, hearing that there are a number of clubs including SPFL clubs preparing offers) 

He is signing with Falkirk.

Given this a bit of though overnight.

1. The club has had very few take up the offer on last season. Well done the fans.

2. I think this seasons offer is a bit divisive (already see differing options all over SM). There is enough division.

3. Why no committed number on Strathcarron?

4. I would have personally put the price up based on 27 games and stuck at that. Clearly told the fans why and I think most would have accepted the reasoning behind it.

Yet again an opportunity to be upfront and transparent with the support missed

1. The club has had very few take up the offer on last season. Well done the fans.

2. I think this seasons offer is a bit divisive (already see differing options all over SM). There is enough division.

4. I would have personally put the price up based on 27 games and stuck at that. Clearly told the fans why and I think most would have accepted the reasoning behind it.

They dont mind driving a wedge between the fans. Last seasons season ticket updates were glaringly obvious digs at the fans who had chosen not to renew

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Apart from the exact % going to strathcarron I don’t see a problem with the ST offer. The club do a lot of good work for the charity and this is another great gesture, imo. No matter how small the donation is, it’ll be greatly appreciated by Strathcarron. Just needs a little bit more clarity. 
With regards to the prices, I know of fans who have been unfortunate due to this pandemic and are glad there is a cheaper option. 

Edited by wee_bairn

I notice that seats are reserved for current season holders.

What happens then if we end up with too many sold because of social distancing? At the moment we don't know if it's going to be one metre, two metres or whatever so who do they let in first? First come, first served on the day, those renewing or those buying/renewing earliest?

I didn't have a season last year for the first time in yonks and I don't fancy paying for a ticket if I can only watch on telly (which I don't really like doing anyway). I was going to pay full whack so I could be £225 out of pocket for feck all!

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I notice that seats are reserved for current season holders.

What happens then if we end up with too many sold because of social distancing? At the moment we don't know if it's going to be one metre, two metres or whatever so who do they let in first? First come, first served on the day, those renewing or those buying/renewing earliest?

I didn't have a season last year for the first time in yonks and I don't fancy paying for a ticket if I can only watch on telly (which I don't really like doing anyway). I was going to pay full whack so I could be £225 out of pocket for feck all!

You'd like to think that in a stadium holding 8000 they will be able to safely accommodate 2000 odd season ticket holders baring in mind that not all of them will attend every game. Who knows though. Its a bit of a shot in the dark at the moment.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

You'd like to think that in a stadium holding 8000 they will be able to safely accommodate 2000 odd season ticket holders baring in mind that not all of them will attend every game. Who knows though. Its a bit of a shot in the dark at the moment.

It's a real shot in the dark, for sure. The ground should be big enough to accommodate everyone, especially if we ban away fans and you're right in that not all of the STHs will attend every game but the club has got to assume that they will when working out the numbers. There will be a lot of same household members who should be able to sit together which would provide a bit more room but that in itself could be problematic. Can you imagine queuing to get in then being told 'sorry we're full'? I've not missed a full season of watching Falkirk since 1968, even when I stayed away from home, so I'd hate to have to start now!

It's a long time until October and we could see a 2nd wave by then which could affect things again. To be fair to the club though, they've no idea what's going to happen either and they need to sell tickets to raise money to sign players

Nobody has all the answers on what might or might not happen at the moment.  All the club can do is plan based on what they know which is a 27 game season and not much else.  I like the fact there are options on ST's and many will go for the full price option.  if anything, would like to have seen more options including things like a seasons access to FTV, X number of 50/50 tickets each week, include a home shirt, sponsorship etc.  

52 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's a real shot in the dark, for sure. The ground should be big enough to accommodate everyone, especially if we ban away fans and you're right in that not all of the STHs will attend every game but the club has got to assume that they will when working out the numbers. There will be a lot of same household members who should be able to sit together which would provide a bit more room but that in itself could be problematic. Can you imagine queuing to get in then being told 'sorry we're full'? I've not missed a full season of watching Falkirk since 1968, even when I stayed away from home, so I'd hate to have to start now!

It's a long time until October and we could see a 2nd wave by then which could affect things again. To be fair to the club though, they've no idea what's going to happen either and they need to sell tickets to raise money to sign players

There is a equation I saw a while ago regarding spacing of individuals ( somebody that paid attention better than I did in the maths class might be able to elaborate ) So the number of seats should not be an issue. It's getting the people in and out of the stands safely and complying with the regulations regarding evacuation of the stadium that are the difficult thing to resolve.

Lets hope the continuing reduction in the infection rate results in the restrictions come October being relaxed.

31 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

McManus signs for Dum...... hearing highest wages offered over a number of clubs 

They've punted a whole pile of players so will be able to offer bigger wages than most.   25 and yet hes had 9 clubs already in his career. Crazy.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They've punted a whole pile of players so will be able to offer bigger wages than most.   25 and yet hes had 9 clubs already in his career. Crazy.

Careful Shadwell, you'll create an infestation of Fifers on here again. 

They went mental enough last time someone posted ITK stuff about their salaries. 

McManus - Great player for league one and a good player for the Championship but i'm not really concerned about us not signing him - In this market, I think they'll be plenty of bargains. English lower league clubs are in big trouble.  

Hopefully crowds and fan base are going to be key in the short term outlook,  sponsorship will fall of a cliff, you have to think only the seriously rich will be throwing cash about, as almost all business owners will be tightening their belts - Perhaps those who have cashed in their chips might fancy a punt. 😉

Buy your full price season tickets, decent numbers should make a huge difference!

34 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

McManus and O’Hara both to Dunfermline

McManus - 2 year deal

O’Hara - 3 year deal.

3 year deal.🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈

Another one of our cast offs.This is a guy the club and fans  slated at the time of the eye incident too.  Some wanting him flung out the game. Now the clubs suddenly changed its tune all of a sudden it would seem.

Edited by Shadwell Dog