The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

£170 ticket (south stand) and donate the other 55 direct to strathcarron makes sense both win either way

It's a fair point. The club showing willing to help such a worthy cause, and the fact that despite the owners, I want my club to survive and thrive makes me want to put my money in. It's still a tough decision though because I still loathe the MSG, I'm still not on board the Gary Dean's train quite yet and the charity cut is unclear. 

I realise this is all a purely personal thing, just noting my thoughts really for my own benefit as much as anything. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a fair point. The club showing willing to help such a worthy cause, and the fact that despite the owners, I want my club to survive and thrive makes me want to put my money in. It's still a tough decision though because I still loathe the MSG, I'm still not on board the Gary Dean's train quite yet and the charity cut is unclear. 

I realise this is all a purely personal thing, just noting my thoughts really for my own benefit as much as anything. 

When/If the share issue comes out and seeing if the MSG dilute their shares that will be the telling stage, I think its going to take the share issue and then someone to come in with a buy out of the remaining MSG and their shares though the fact it took them months to sound out MC when most of the fanbase had him sussed out within 24hrs but they got the answer in the end and we can at least thank them it didnt add to their catalogue or errors in the running of the club.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just use the money you’ve saved during lockdown and give £250 to both - happy days.

41 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

When/If the share issue comes out and seeing if the MSG dilute their shares that will be the telling stage, I think its going to take the share issue and then someone to come in with a buy out of the remaining MSG and their shares though the fact it took them months to sound out MC when most of the fanbase had him sussed out within 24hrs but they got the answer in the end and we can at least thank them it didnt add to their catalogue or errors in the running of the club.

Could've been worse. Rumour has it that Sunderland had to knock back a saudi Arabian consortium because they had set  MC as the preferred bidder at the time.

Did they want my money when they were 'looking' to sell the club, nope, they would rather entertain Bexley cab guy.

But they want extra cash when they still own the club and and tie in a local charity to help sway the deal.

It probably is the best intentioned deal and has nothing cynical about it, however that's how they have tainted the club with their leadership for me and it's going to take them to leave before I give them the benefit of any doubt. 

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Could've been worse. Rumour has it that Sunderland had to knock back a saudi Arabian consortium because they had set  MC as the preferred bidder at the time.

I dont know which one would be worse the human rights abuses with the saudi one or the sexual abuses/conduct by the other one

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont know which one would be worse the human rights abuses with the saudi one or the sexual abuses/conduct by the other one

I doubt man City fans give a feck about the Qatari governments dodgy track record mind you.

7 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Did they want my money when they were 'looking' to sell the club, nope, they would rather entertain Bexley cab guy.

But they want extra cash when they still own the club and and tie in a local charity to help sway the deal.

It probably is the best intentioned deal and has nothing cynical about it, however that's how they have tainted the club with their leadership for me and it's going to take them to leave before I give them the benefit of any doubt. 

In fairness they did want money as an "investment" its just they were not willing to give anything in return for the investment except for a warm fuzzy feeling you've just handed them near 800k to piss against the wall despite their f**k ups

To be honest the club can’t win with season tickets. It looks like the league will be starting in October probably without fans, so they need to sell season tickets in order to sign players. 

It is a lot to expect people to pay £45 (2 adults and an under 18) a match effectively for a Falkirk TV subscription, but again the club need people to pay what they normally would to be to put a decent team on the park.

I would definitely expect a much better product than what Falkirk TV currently offers though for £45 a game.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes but did that Saudi Arabian consortium own a coffee van in Brooklyn - I think not.

There's a lot money in a coffee business , especially if it opens.

They are due no thanks at all.

Outrageous decision to turn their backs on the other options and choose to attempt to sell to the third rate con man and his associates.

Arseholes to a man.

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Big step down but then again a lot of players will have no clubs.

At least in this case its 2 dross getting signed for someone else first.

I wonder if they would be open to fans paying anything they could afford over the basic price.  South stand is 170/225 which is quite a big gap. If someone can afford to pay say 190 or 200 why not let them. Every penny counts at the end of the day.

I see old Sheps moved to Forfar now from Edinburgh.

Edited by Shadwell Dog