The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Think i read by the time the arbitration is done the legal bill will be in the region of 150k

Does the arbitration court have the authority to order the losing party to pay the other's legal costs as is normal in big boys courts?

If so , what would happen to the cash DU receive from the sympathetic clubs and fans?    

7 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Theres a couple of bits in that that stick out where Dundee United said they have spent a fortune preparing for the premier league yet they want everyone else to stump up the money to help their legal costs the other bit with the comments of it will ruin the sporting integrity of the SPFL, any integrity it had went after the shambolic vote. 

I think the sporting integrity bit holds up as DUFC were promoted based on what happened on the pitch.

However for me this is a gross hypocrisy when you recall how vocal their chairman was about denying Falkirk's promotion  in 2003 despite us earning it on the pitch with full sporting integrity. He even went on to steal our manager and 2 of our best players - very sporting.     

So in the words of the prophet Ezekiel - "Fcuk em"!

7 hours ago, AGPar said:

Is this the same Dundee United with a wages to turnover ratio of 133%? The same Dundee United who, precisely one week ago, were going all out to try and get a former England manager to take their managerial position? None of these clubs met the criteria for promotion. Took their promotions and did not want to know about anything else. No interest in an independent enquiry (I wonder why), no interest in league reconstruction. The buffoon of a Raith chairman's reasoning for voting against 14-10-10-10 basically amounted to "we could not be arsed". Turning out to be a hell of an expensive "promotion". Shame. Hope they are squeezed dry. Bung them a fiver each. 

If we were to give anybody any money I would hope that we would give some to Hearts and Partick Thistle (and Stranraer) to help them with their just case.

23 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Does the arbitration court have the authority to order the losing party to pay the other's legal costs as is normal in big boys courts?

Yes, any of the parties involved could find themselves on the hook for the costs. It's at the discretion of the arbitration panel.

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Your chairmans actions throughout this while debacle has been nothing short of cringeworthy championing the cause for reconstruction then voting against it then when the initial call to end of season took place demanding that Raith be declared champions and nothing less would be acceptable.

Theres voting for self interest and theres taking the piss in expecting the rest of the clubs to fund your legal case

The public statements were not my favorite part, especially as we don’t know if the Board changed directions during this and directed the vote opposite what he said. Raith fans were pretty vocal about hoping he’d clam up, we weren’t that lucky.

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

Where is your evidence that Dundee United are "spearheading this drive"? And even if they were, is your clown of a chairman and whoever else runs your club incapable of independent thought? Why are you "along for the ride" when you blatantly, patently do not have the cash for it? Your club were under no obligation to participate in the proceedings of last week...

And nope, sufficient teams did not vote for it. I mean, why is this myth still being peddled?  The SPFL laweyer has admitted receipt of the Dundee No vote at 16:48 on Friday 10th April. The resolution failed at that precise moment. Everything from that point on is invalid.

It’s openly stated that DU are paying a large percentage of the costs, and they launched this cringeworthy fundraising shit. We’re along for the ride because electing not to be represented would be suicidal with just the SPFL “representing” us, who know what might be agreed...surely Falkirk, of all groups, should understand that theory.

As for the vote, it was not received, it was shunted into a spam filter and not recovered until after a declaration of a change of vote had been made by Dundee. Kosher, maybe; smelly, very; legal (per the terms of the vote and companies law), probably. Because the vote was NOT received and logged at that time, your statement falls at that gate.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Think i read by the time the arbitration is done the legal bill will be in the region of 150k

Yep, £50k was the bill coming out of the Court hearing, the estimate now is £150k post arbitration. The whole thing reeks of lawyers getting rich, teams all over getting screwed, and the fans getting shit on...typical SPFL procedure. The decision of Hearts and Partick to specifically name DundeeU, Raith and Cove in the suit should worry all teams as a precedent though.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

As for the vote, it was not received, it was shunted into a spam filter and not recovered until after a declaration of a change of vote had been made by Dundee. Kosher, maybe; smelly, very; legal (per the terms of the vote and companies law), probably. Because the vote was NOT received and logged at that time, your statement falls at that gate.

I am not sure what level we will end up getting to out of all this but I find it hard to believe (happy to be proven wrong) during the period that the email is sitting in the spam folder that something prompted Dundee to have a light bulb moment and pull their vote.  

16 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

the judge found in favour of Hearts and Partick in 2 out of the 3 petitions.

How have you worked that out?

DU/Raith/Cove wanted it chucked out entirely, which the judge rejected. 

Hearts/Partick wanted it to go to legal court, which the judge rejected.

The SPFL wanted it to go to arbitration, which the judge accepted.

Did you actually pay attention at all or have you just created a wee narrative of you own?

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did you actually pay attention at all or have you just created a wee narrative of you own?

I think its you thats not paying attention. The judge also agreed with the motion by hearts and partick to have the docs from the spfl released . There was 3 motions and the one to go to court got rejected as did the one to chuck it out. The one for the docs was agreed. So in partick and hearts case the judge agreed with them on 2 out of 3.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Media reporting after it saying judge found in favour in 2 out of the 3 the only one being that it doesn’t belong in a court of law , sorry for not listening in to the live stream of the proceedings to satisfy your neediness

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53251721

That led to Hearts and Thistle saying Lord Clark had "found in our favour in two motions, while we were unsuccessful in one".

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Big Bill fairly got you lot rattled it would seem...😙

Not really we're just laughing at the wee scrote, he's an embarrassment!

Enjoy your 'promotion' though 🤣

12 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

cried and cried about the process more than any other club in the country.

11 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

two-faced whining bitches. 

11 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Your chairmans actions throughout this while debacle has been nothing short of cringeworthy

You all might want to look just a wee bit closer to home for examples of this.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

You all might want to look just a wee bit closer to home for examples of this.

We're just doing the same as you lot did when we got McKinnon from you 

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

They did actually get promoted though...

Yes and now they seem to be struggling because of the baggage that has came with it!

Usually I'd sympathise with them but after the way their chairman carried on I couldn't give 2 hoots!

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yes and now they seem to be struggling because of the baggage that has came with it!

Usually I'd sympathise with them but after the way their chairman carried on I couldn't give 2 hoots!

Did they not get a 6 figure sum for Bowie and £70k from their just giving page ?

Where has all that money gone ??