The Falkirk FC Thread

Fucking Hell, some bedside manner you've got there Doc.

He’s totally right to shield his wife btw, I just don’t want those who are vulnerable to think Covid is a death sentence for them. Most will still survive.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

What a pile of nonsense. Even in the most at risk groups, mortality rate from covid is between 10%-20%. Saying things like “will kill her without a doubt” is incredibly problematic.

You have access to her medical files then to know her specific condition? Bit creepy m7. 

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

One thing to bear in mind for the coming shortened season is that there will be no room for a bad start.
Absolutely essential to get points on the board from the outset.
If we are in a relatively decent financial position then aim a wee bit higher than the journeymen level and get McManus, Alston and a few others of a similar standard onboard to get us out of this wilderness of a league.

If we go for McManus and Alston it would have to be on a 2-3 year deal to temp them to the division we are in.

If we go for McManus and Alston it would have to be on a 2-3 year deal to temp them to the division we are in.

The point of signings like that would be to ensure that most of their contract would have them playing in the Championship with us.

that will be them tying with franchise fc for the same amount of times in admin then, wonder if they will go on with the 13 point deduction or they will keep it as is due to the pandemic.

No, they are already tied 2-2. A 3rd admin should realistically mean expulsion from the league, but it won’t. Cockwomble would try to spin something up to save them.....12 point deduction or some such. Maybe even following the Launderers fiscal model.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No, they are already tied 2-2. A 3rd admin should realistically mean expulsion from the league, but it won’t. Cockwomble would try to spin something up to save them.....12 point deduction or some such. Maybe even following the Launderers fiscal model.

I think at the start of the pandemic they said any club facing difficulties wouldnt be subject to any points deduction if they entered administration.

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

What a pile of nonsense. Even in the most at risk groups, mortality rate from covid is between 10%-20%. Saying things like “will kill her without a doubt” is incredibly problematic.

All of the 'most at risk groups' don't have chest problems.

Durnan is a perfectly adequate player for league 1- the guy has nearly 200 appearances at championship level.

Our budget next season is going to be significantly smaller than this year and we’re not going to be able to sign superstars who are going to be much better than players like Durnan.

Edited by Moutinho

SPFL STATEMENT

"The SPFL Board today (Thursday) announced that League One clubs have voted to approve a 27-game programme for the 2020/21 season, with teams playing each other three times. The altered schedule received resounding support from the clubs in Scotland’s third tier and paves the way for competitive action to return. 

The newly agreed schedule mirrors that of the Championship with both Divisions scheduled to start on October 17th." 

Ideal scenario: League kicks off 17 October with games to be played BCD.

Forfar's first 3 fixtures as follows:

October 17: Forfar v Partick Thistle BCD

October 24: A N Other v Forfar BCD

October 31: Forfar v Falkirk BCD

From November 1st, all games with pre Covid-19 arrangements, i.e. normal attendances allowed.

f**k 'em.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Our FM yesterday;
“So do not take from this that we have given football an October provisional date for crowds being back. That’s not the case and actually I don’t think it’s a fair interpretation of what Jason actually said.”

I think it’s fair to assume we won’t be able to attend any games until late in year ( or new year)

On the post raised just can’t see how many smaller clubs will survive without fans attending, 

I don’t think that’s fair to assume at all.

I think it’s too early to say but if things keep charting in the same direction then it’s feasible that supporters (to some extent) will be back in October. Obviously all subject to change depending on the wider situation.

Our FM yesterday;
“So do not take from this that we have given football an October provisional date for crowds being back. That’s not the case and actually I don’t think it’s a fair interpretation of what Jason actually said.”
I think it’s fair to assume we won’t be able to attend any games until late in year ( or new year)
On the post raised just can’t see how many smaller clubs will survive without fans attending, 

That will allow our “away boycott brigade” a get out of jail free card

8 hours ago, Moutinho said:

Durnan is a perfectly adequate player for league 1- the guy has nearly 200 appearances at championship level.

Our budget next season is going to be significantly smaller than this year and we’re not going to be able to sign superstars who are going to be much better than players like Durnan.

Yeah we'll still need a squad at the end of the day and he hD improved ten fold by the time the season ended. Had a shocker at airdrie but after that wake up call  hardly put a foot wrong

Theres time for the recent readings to show their effect on virus transmission. October is a good while away and if you look at the way the schools thing went, with hindsight they were going cautious with contingency planning and keepong expectations low, and only had to show their hand once Swinney made an arse of it.... As long as everything stays low I reckon there will be crowds in October, maybe on a limited basis for a few weeks.

Not saying I agree with the nannying approach not telling us the truth re plans etc but it seems to be the way they are doing it.

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres time for the recent readings to show their effect on virus transmission. October is a good while away and if you look at the way the schools thing went, with hindsight they were going cautious with contingency planning and keepong expectations low, and only had to show their hand once Swinney made an arse of it.... As long as everything stays low I reckon there will be crowds in October, maybe on a limited basis for a few weeks.

Not saying I agree with the nannying approach not telling us the truth re plans etc but it seems to be the way they are doing it.

Agree- yes we’ll be back. 
People are starting to see through Sturgeons dictatorship.

I just hope we don’t get any of thIs  ‘taking the knee’ BLM nonsense.