The Falkirk FC Thread

What people do for themselves is up to them. I'm shielding a wife with chest conditions and Covid will kill her without a doubt. I won't be back inside TFS until there's a vaccine or new cases drop to single digits a day.

Many football fans are morons and if they can't make them sit down they're never going to get them to wear a mask. So many have bladders the size of peas and spend much of the game shuffling along rows to go to the loo or the pie stall. As for the loos themselves, there's an infection risk on a good day. It's like walking into a cloud of aerosol pish as it is. 

I'm hoping the new season ticket includes the option to view games on FTV so I can still support my team and see matches. 

Guest Ecosse83
3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

They're boycotting away games now instead of home games.

Imagine being a sad w****r that cherry picks a few posts months ago and brings it up months later 🤣

Get a life my friend!

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

What people do for themselves is up to them. I'm shielding a wife with chest conditions and Covid will kill her without a doubt. I won't be back inside TFS until there's a vaccine or new cases drop to single digits a day.

Many football fans are morons and if they can't make them sit down they're never going to get them to wear a mask. So many have bladders the size of peas and spend much of the game shuffling along rows to go to the loo or the pie stall. As for the loos themselves, there's an infection risk on a good day. It's like walking into a cloud of aerosol pish as it is. 

I'm hoping the new season ticket includes the option to view games on FTV so I can still support my team and see matches. 

I understand completely, I think there will be a lot of people with medical conditions who will be in the same boat cannot return until there is a vaccine.  Hopefully clubs can compensate for this by offering live coverage of the games.  Its just not worth the risk for those with medical conditions to go to the game

17 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Thought i seen that out of whats left would be happy to keep Connolly and Miller, we need a better defence (i know we had the best defensive record but other than dixon the rest of the defence had the potential to have a few bombscare moments) and we should be able to pick up a few bargains

Thought durnan was actually our best defender by the time the break came. Seemed a lot better with hall alongside him than Buchanan.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thought durnan was actually our best defender by the time the break came. Seemed a lot better with hall alongside him than Buchanan.

He was still prone to gaffes in which he ended up shouting at everyone else bar looking closer to home for the errors in his game.  He was improved but he is a very limited defender.  I still think we can find better if we could get another lb i would put Dixon on the left side of CD but in saying that Dixon is better at going forward and is a goal threat ads he proved.

16 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

He was still prone to gaffes in which he ended up shouting at everyone else bar looking closer to home for the errors in his game.  He was improved but he is a very limited defender.  I still think we can find better if we could get another lb i would put Dixon on the left side of CD but in saying that Dixon is better at going forward and is a goal threat ads he proved.

Dixon and Connolly were probably the two most improved players following the change of management last season. I'd offer both (and Gary Miller) a new contract. I would not be bothering with either of the two centre-halves, both mediocre in the extreme and, in Durnan's case, sometimes absolutely abysmal. Someone like Ashcroft would easily be an upgrade on them although I imagine he falls into the same category as McManus, Alston, Walsh, McGinn, Mullin etc in that he'll be able to pick up a Championship club without too much difficulty. Dunfermline have got the right idea, clear the desks and strip the wage bill to give themselves the widest choice possible from the myriad players who will be looking for a contract over the next couple of months. We should do the same in the hope that we might be able to attract some players who would otherwise have been out of reach. Vast, vast improvement in terms of retention and recruitment of players is required from here, but based on the management of the last transfer window, it's doubtful.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

But that has to be all round - so an empty seat to each side, in front and behind you. 1 full seat, 4 empty = 20% capacity, 1600. A wee bit more to take into account front rows, back rows and aisle seats, call it 400.

Falls to the common error of forgetting that a pair of distancing people share an empty seat between them. To use that math, the correct figure is 1/9th, because you have a single seat empty in all directions, and then adjust out the seats shared. The tricky bit comes when you have to consider any seating area with staggered seats that don’t exactly line-up. Then you get into “family” groups wishing to seat together

But keeping it simple, if you start with a basic illustration, using a 20 x 20 block of seats, you would seat people in seats 1, 3, 5 etc in row one, leave row two empty, fill alternate seats in row three,  and continue like that. That gives you 10 people each in ten rows, or 100 people between 400 seats, or 25% capacity. However, then you get to jigger the numbers for walkways, stairs, etc and how you need to handle them.

If you allow groups, who self-certify compliance, as long as alternate rows are kept empty and one seat between groups or individuals is maintained, it’s likely you can reasonably squeak up to closer to 35% capacity...however, seating assignment would have to be on a flexible system of filling one section under the rules before starting another.

As others point out, moving past others, everyone masked, to attend the facilities isn’t a real problem, and with the physically able the open rows provide a safe option to exit. The lines and such AT the facilities are a somewhat different issue, in much the same way the entry lines would have to be addressed.

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

Dixon and Connolly were probably the two most improved players following the change of management last season. I'd offer both (and Gary Miller) a new contract. I would not be bothering with either of the two centre-halves, both mediocre in the extreme and, in Durnan's case, sometimes absolutely abysmal. Someone like Ashcroft would easily be an upgrade on them although I imagine he falls into the same category as McManus, Alston, Walsh, McGinn, Mullin etc in that he'll be able to pick up a Championship club without too much difficulty. Dunfermline have got the right idea, clear the desks and strip the wage bill to give themselves the widest choice possible from the myriad players who will be looking for a contract over the next couple of months. We should do the same in the hope that we might be able to attract some players who would otherwise have been out of reach. Vast, vast improvement in terms of retention and recruitment of players is required from here, but based on the management of the last transfer window, it's doubtful.

FFC had 6 players on contract so the club will have reckoned buying out the contracts was not the best value for money. Keeping the further 6 gives a sensible fall back as we await some certainty on crowds and other constraints. Lets say we end up with 10 being kept. That leaves 8-12 signings to be made.

That's reasonable when you consider the league we are in.

One thing to bear in mind for the coming shortened season is that there will be no room for a bad start.
Absolutely essential to get points on the board from the outset.
If we are in a relatively decent financial position then aim a wee bit higher than the journeymen level and get McManus, Alston and a few others of a similar standard onboard to get us out of this wilderness of a league.

What a pile of nonsense. Even in the most at risk groups, mortality rate from covid is between 10%-20%. Saying things like “will kill her without a doubt” is incredibly problematic.

What a pile of nonsense. Even in the most at risk groups, mortality rate from covid is between 10%-20%. Saying things like “will kill her without a doubt” is incredibly problematic.

Still a 1 in 5 chance, which is incredibly high. Totally understand his concerns and shouldn’t be mocked or dismissed for it.

20 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Another internet expert.

I just hope M&M recruitment is better than January, where not only was it underwhelming we also ended up with a smaller squad and struggled to fill the subs bench, call it naivety on their part but it was pretty ridiculous for a team going for a title and shouldn't have happened. 

42 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Fucking Hell, some bedside manner you've got there Doc.