The Falkirk FC Thread

They were both announced as having two year deals when they signed last summer. 
However, there have been rumours about the second year being dependant on promotion. Neither were listed in the "definitely staying" category in the last club update so you could speculate that M&M might choose to let them (and others) go. 
https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/06/14/club-update-2/
As far as I can see Connolly, Dixon, Durnan, Hall, Miller and Telfer aren't confirmed either way. 
Now that M&M are off furlough I imagine we'll start getting football news again soon.  

And announced to Land of Hope and Glory. Fabulous stuff

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

And announced to Land of Hope and Glory. Fabulous stuff

59 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Or "we will follow Falkirk...", which both of us have probably been singing for decades. 

I always thought it was Elgar's Pomp & Circumstance No. 1? 

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

That video is horrendous stuff. They can't do anything right.

I've seen it shared a few times and it is just utterly shite. Like it won't matter, I doubt many fans are that uncertain about a season ticket that a snazzy video would swing them. 

But it's just shit, everything Falkirk seem to have done for a solid 2 years has just felt shit and a bit half arsed. Is the boycott of home games still happening or have you got new owners? 

Or "we will follow Falkirk...", which both of us have probably been singing for decades. 

It is amazing how many did not get the “we will

Follow Falkirk” immediately - and I admit including me. As a result not sure it was the right choice of music

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I've seen it shared a few times and it is just utterly shite. Like it won't matter, I doubt many fans are that uncertain about a season ticket that a snazzy video would swing them. 

But it's just shit, everything Falkirk seem to have done for a solid 2 years has just felt shit and a bit half arsed. Is the boycott of home games still happening or have you got new owners? 

Owners still in place. I wouldn't say there is a boycott as such but I'm certainly not handing over much money to pay rent for Sandy Alexander's stand that they want me to sit down and shut up in.

I will admit that I went to the Linlithgow, Arbroath and Hearts cup games.

Edited by Marshmallo

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

They're boycotting away games now instead of home games.

They're boycotting away games now instead of home games.
Probably just a knee jerk reaction, said in frustration from relatively few posters on here tbh. I highly doubt you will see any talk of this at all come the start of the season.

15 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, however with social distancing ( whoever knows when this will end) will have a massive impact on all gates. Still can’t work out how many 1st & 2nd division clubs will be able to survive if no fans in grounds.... 

Posted on another thread Aberdeen seemnto be saying they have the nod for a 7500 capacity come August. With the lower crowds and not starting till October, I cant see why we would be playing without fans. Unless a major second spike comes along obviosuly

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Posted on another thread Aberdeen seemnto be saying they have the nod for a 7500 capacity come August. With the lower crowds and not starting till October, I cant see why we would be playing without fans. Unless a major second spike comes along obviosuly

A reduction to 1m social distancing would probably half capacity bringing the Bairnabeu down to around 4k.

Edited by kiddy

16 minutes ago, kiddy said:

A reduction to 1m social distancing would probably half capacity bringing the Bairnabeu down to around 4k.

More than enough really. There will be some who stay away and the Stand can easily be utilised for home fans if we really need it. With the exception of Thistle, no one needs it. 

25 minutes ago, kiddy said:

But that has to be all round - so an empty seat to each side, in front and behind you. 1 full seat, 4 empty = 20% capacity, 1600. A wee bit more to take into account front rows, back rows and aisle seats, call it 400.   If you're being serious about it, no going past each other in the rows to get to the seats so you have to fill the seats in order. No going to the loo, no going to a pie stall. Everybody stays to the end and exits the stand in reverse order.

If there's social distancing and it's done correctly, filling a stadium is virtually impossible. Because it's impossible and clubs like Aberdeen are saying they can get 7500, it's obvious they're ignoring social distancing. If it's being ignored, you might as well just throw open the doors and let everybody in. 

If you can sit on a plane with a mouth covering, can’t see why this couldn’t be applied to watching a football game, but as mentioned , if leaves the issues with having a pee etc....unless we get a pre slot booked [emoji849]
The whole thing with the two metre distance also comes with the 15 minute thing that folk seem to forget. If you walk past folk for about half a second, outdoors, there negligible risk.

If you are sitting a seat apart from someone at an outdoor venue, I cant see how theres any real risk to that. Especially if masks are mandated