The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Anyone signed cant go on furlough so if you sign them the now you're paying them to do nothing for a month or so.. Pre season wont be till when? Some time in August? I presume the transfer window will be extended till around october. Could be a while yet before any new players appear unless we can sign some sort of agreements where players agree to sign but dont get paid till pre season starts. 

That's what I thought would be the best course of action. Something along the lines of a pre contract agreement that kicks in  at an appropriate time to start pre season training. With the appropriate get out should the worst happen and kick off is delayed.

Players I would think would get comfort from the certainty of getting fixed up early.  There will be a tendency to take the offer so you can stay in the game, knowing many won't.

We should get in early !

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

BPM, I'm right in saying that you caught the virus while skiing in Austria yes? Didn't think it was appropriate to ask before but, now that we seem to be getting through it and as you're now feeling better, was just wondering; did you go down hill very quickly?

What?! Are you taking the piste?

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Aye but you had aero, gasparotto and muirhead in that defence its no wonder folk started to think Aero was an excellent player

Aero and Muirhead in the same defence would at least have let us see if he was a better centre back than right back

42 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Aero and Muirhead in the same defence would at least have let us see if he was a better centre back than right back

tbf he wasnt the greatest as a central defender its just a damning statement of how far we have fallen as a club when you have Aero, Gasparotto and Watson, Aero was world class next to them like you say he was shoehorned into being a right back (wonder if that problem will be addressed this year)

Can we get the thread onto taking about the future rather than chewing the fat of past players and their merits and shortcomings it's getting boring.

Positions that must be filled for the coming season.

Goalkeeper, Right back, Left back, Midfielder with a bit of pace and an engine, Midfielder come winger, Forward.

We have enough  experience  so players in the 19-25 year old bracket with maybe the exception of the keeper.

So any thoughts folks. Anybody from other clubs got any comments on who could do a turn ?

BPM, I'm right in saying that you caught the virus while skiing in Austria yes? Didn't think it was appropriate to ask before but, now that we seem to be getting through it and as you're now feeling better, was just wondering; did you go down hill very quickly?

f**k me !
Even I held back from ripping the pish when he told me[emoji47][emoji2]

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

tbf he wasnt the greatest as a central defender its just a damning statement of how far we have fallen as a club when you have Aero, Gasparotto and Watson, Aero was world class next to them like you say he was shoehorned into being a right back (wonder if that problem will be addressed this year)

Still not had a decent right back since duffy left. When you watch those higights of him on falkirk TV what a difference it made having someone who could go up and down defend and was an excellent crosser of the ball. Quite incredible how manager after manager has failed to fill the void he left.

Still not had a decent right back since duffy left. When you watch those higights of him on falkirk TV what a difference it made having someone who could go up and down defend and was an excellent crosser of the ball. Quite incredible how manager after manager has failed to fill the void he left.
This looked to have topped out with Blair Alston at Starks but subsequently reached its peak at Tannadice when Cameron Blues filled in as Right Back and made Billy King look like a world beater.

[emoji23]

4 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I see Wigan have gone into administration.  Probably a bunch of teams will follow in the next few weeks.  Only a matter of time before some of our Scottish teams follow them.  

Their wage bill was around 176% of their turnover.

Only scottish club close to that is United.

Am i right in saying that some of the players were given a short term contract till the end of july and another decision will be made if they are part of the plans or not ? am thinking Durnan and Telfer 

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

They both are on 2 year deals.

bugger i was hoping they were under club options to extend or not, it doesnt look like there will be much activity as we have 13 players incl lee miller so prob looking at 5 in 

20 minutes ago, keithgy said:

They both are on 2 year deals.

They were both announced as having two year deals when they signed last summer. 

However, there have been rumours about the second year being dependant on promotion. Neither were listed in the "definitely staying" category in the last club update so you could speculate that M&M might choose to let them (and others) go. 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/06/14/club-update-2/

As far as I can see Connolly, Dixon, Durnan, Hall, Miller and Telfer aren't confirmed either way. 

Now that M&M are off furlough I imagine we'll start getting football news again soon.  

Thought i seen that out of whats left would be happy to keep Connolly and Miller, we need a better defence (i know we had the best defensive record but other than dixon the rest of the defence had the potential to have a few bombscare moments) and we should be able to pick up a few bargains