The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

If only we had players like Paul Watson in our team the last few seasons, we probably wouldn't be languishing in League 1!

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Dennon made headlines in 2018 when he was racially abused by his own fans while playing for Scottish Championship side Falkirk.

He was subjected to vile insults from a small section of travelling supporters at Stenhousemuir's Ochilview Park.

The London lad made his feelings clear on Instagram after the game, telling his followers: "I have never gone through a period like this in my life.

"From a footballing standpoint things are not going as planned for anyone involved at the club, however from a personal standpoint never in a million years would I have expected to be subject to racial abuse from Falkirk fans.

c***s

If Gary Deans wants to show there's a new broom at TFS, he should respond to that slur on the club, defend the fans and set the record straight. 
Yeah it's probably fairly easy to demand a retraction of that. Specially since some lazy scrote at the Sun has just regurgitated the same spiel as they were using when the accusations came up in the first place.

Reply to this Rag ? Really ? As said regurgitated lies from a joke of a newspaper, and a shite football player and failed puppet on a  tv reality show, I’m sure our chairman and club have got more to worry about rather than give these two pieces of s...e any more publicity 

Problem is if you don’t call out this crap it becomes perceived fact.

And if no one calls them out, they continue to do whatever the f**k they like. Its precisely because the sun is a scummy shitrag that we should pursue it beyond what might be "neccessary". Wev no right complaining about the media if we sit back and let them away with it.

Problem is if you don’t call out this crap it becomes perceived fact.

15 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I always remember the season we came second to rangers our defence was never the same after watson replaced the injured grant.  He was always too soft for me and got dominated in the air far too often.

Watson didn’t replace Grant, McCracken did. Watson and Grant played at Ibrox (last game before Grant went off injured) and were excellent together. 

Watson is a good signing. We should never have let him go. He was a main stay in that Dundee United team last season. 

Edited by CC52 FFC

34 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Watson didn’t replace Grant, McCracken did. Watson and Grant played at Ibrox (last game before Grant went off injured) and were excellent together. 

Watson is a good signing. We should never have let him go. He was a main stay in that Dundee United team last season. 

It’s just shadwell talking his usual shite. Nothing new.

2 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Jusf because we replaced him with shite doesnt mean he was ever good enough .  Let's face it if he was that brilliant at united he would still be there.  He was ok as a backup but too soft and not physical enough for me. Also prone to some real clangers.  I mind him getting played at rb one game and being particularly awful. Problem is now we're so accustomed to mediocrity our standards have plummeted.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jusf because we replaced him with shite doesnt mean he was ever good enough .  Let's face it if he was that brilliant at united he would still be there.  He was ok as a backup but too soft and not physical enough for me. Also prone to some real clangers.  I mind him getting played at rb one game and being particularly awful. Problem is now we're so accustomed to mediocrity our standards have plummeted.

Yes you hit the nail on the head “played at right back one game and being awful”. That’s because he wasn’t a right back. As we seen with Muirhead, you can’t just play a different position and be fantastic, it takes games to accustom.

2 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Yes you hit the nail on the head “played at right back one game and being awful”. That’s because he wasn’t a right back. As we seen with Muirhead, you can’t just play a different position and be fantastic, it takes games to accustom.

Not one person at Falkirk went mad when he got freed because he wasnt anything special. Unfortunately our recruitment let us down after that but at no point over the last few seasons have I been sitting saying christ I wish we still had Paul Watson. Guys wanting poor players back just because they werent as poor as players we've had since. Muirhead was murder at centre back and right back.  

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nobody went mad because nobody could foresee the utter shite we would be inflicted with over the next 2 years. He was perfectly serviceable and should have been kept.

Yes and again just because we signed shite doesnt mean we shouldve kept him because he was slightly less shite. He was a squad player and did a job but the fact some folk are desperate to have him back only emphasises how far we've fallen.  We've had far better centre backs than him over the time I've watched Falkirk and hopefully we'll have far better ones again.