The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Came from a ex player that was with your club, budget is for all players, I referring to wages being paid. 😂

Yes, none of that is that true. 

Either your 'source' is lying or you're making it all up*.

Are you seriously suggesting that we were paying in more wages than Dundee United, Dundee, Partick Thistle and Inverness last season? All of whom had a higher budget than us last season, and three of whom had a higher budget than some Premiership teams. And you are now suggesting that we'll be paying more in wages than Hearts, Dundee and Inverness for the coming season? We haven't even made any signings yet and recently decided not to renew a whole load of contracts, yet somehow we're 'by far' paying the most on wages to the likes of Kyle Turner, Gabby McGill, Josh Edwards, Tom Lang, Lewis McCann, Lewis Martin, Cammy Gill, Aaron Comrie etc?

Why are you so desperate to believe something that is so obviously nonsense when you take just a second to think about it? 

*It's the latter.

Edited by DA Baracus

He's  making  out it's  common practice, when it's really not. And his anonymous source on social media providing a list he hasn't shared of high earners is ludicrous.

His source will be someone involved in the game TBF.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm not certain that will be the case. 

Last year we planned to have an 18 man squad and only ended up with more due to some late signings in August / September, which I think arose due to extra cash becoming available. 

When the season ended we had exactly 18. Plus Lee Miller as an "emergency" substitute. (Buchanan, Connolly, De Vita, Dixon, Doyle, Durnan, Ferrie, Gomis, Hall, Leitch, McManus, MacMillan, McShane, Miller, Mutch, Sammon, Telfer & Todd). Not counting Laverty & Johnstone as they were out on loan. 

Given the lower number of games and revenue I wouldn't be surprised if we went with the same again. 

When do you see your first snap of the season? Within the month? 👀

I genuinely think Falkirk have been hard done by with the league finishing early. However I do think Mr Deans has a bit of a cheek saying other clubs acted with no sporting integrity after his clubs recent record and the fine they had to pay - you can't always get everything your own way. 

1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

When do you see your first snap of the season? Within the month? 👀

I've no idea.

I was hoping the management could be back after the latest govt restrictions were lifted in mid-July, but from a brief conversation last week I got the impression that August might be more likely. The first thing we need is confirmation from the SPFL. The vote deadline was Friday so I imagine we'll hear tomorrow. 

Once that's confirmed things can start moving. I assume season ticket sales will be next announcement.  

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's more gossip in football than on mumsnet and players will brag or moan about wages depending on who they are talking to.

No arguement from me on that score. 

I must admit that I know absolutely nothing about mumsnet though. You seem to be quite clued up on it. 

As we've little else to debate, will you share your experiences? 😉

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

No arguement from me on that score. 

I must admit that I know absolutely nothing about mumsnet though. You seem to be quite clued up on it. 

As we've little else to debate, will you share your experiences? 😉

It's only when mumsnet "invaded" pie and bovril I experienced that site. How could I spend time on there when I'm on here 24hours a day?

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's only when mumsnet "invaded" pie and bovril I experienced that site. How could I spend time on there when I'm on here 24hours a day?

Windows is pretty nifty these days, easy enough to flick between sites 😛

Always amazes me how whenever another team is mentioned, one of their fans pops up with a comment regardless of who the team is.  Recently St Johnstone, Partick, Dunfermline etc.

Incredible some folk have the time to hang about other teams threads like that - the mind boggles what some folk do for fun.  

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Don't do making up, came from your ex first team keeper and for the record highest budgets don’t necessarily mean the highest paid players. Let me know if you need further help on this matter....

How would Ryan Scully know what other teams pay their players? Why do you think it's remotely true? Not just paying the most but 'by far paying the most'. Given what I noted, why do you think it's close to being true? Seriously, just take a second to consider the signings made by us the signings made by other clubs. You genuinely believe that we pay Kyle Turner more than Dundee pay Graham Dorrans? That we pay Gabby McGill more than Lawrence Shankland and Nicky Clarke, and indeed every other striker at Tannadice? That Lewis McCann was pulling in higher wages than Kenny Miller?

You're not looking at it objectively. You just desperately want it to be true so are believing it with asking any questions.

Higher budgets absolutely do mean they pay players more. What are you suggesting it signifies if it doesn't mean that?