The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I can guarantee that those numbers are not the case... 

Proof of being in the know on that is look who first posted about the signing on this thread.

I can't argue with you because I don't know anything about it. I'm simply reporting what I've read elsewhere. I'm sure most folk recognise that much of the stuff that you read on fan sites is absolute nonsense. 

However, I thought the story was credible because the original poster will have a knowledge of junior football. Curiously enough, it's been backed up by someone else on a different FFC site who could also be considered credible. An Ayrshire man who played professionally for both Falkirk and Kilmarnock. You would assume he knows what he's talking about. 

Perhaps a case of no smoke without fire? 

1.jpg

On 26/06/2020 at 17:13, Bainsfordbairn said:

Interesting statement on another forum from a Falkirk fan who's heavily involved with a local junior club. I presume he'll know a fair amount about teams at that level.... and he commented that Darvel are paying £300-£450 a week for players. 

Edited to add - it appears a few of the former junior clubs are spending big in order to get into the pyramid system and eventually the SPFL, with Kelty obviously being a prime example. 

I was ridiculed or suggesting that non league sides were paying 6/700 a week. Heard from a player that this was the case at queens and the shire but got laughed at. Seems it’s maybe not that far stretched now more folk are seeing these sorts of deals.

7 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I was ridiculed or suggesting that non league sides were paying 6/700 a week. Heard from a player that this was the case at queens and the shire but got laughed at. Seems it’s maybe not that far stretched now more folk are seeing these sorts of deals.

Someone contacted me on social media after that post and gave me salaries of specific players at junior clubs. He's in a position to know what he's talking about. It seems there's a lot more money in the semi-pro leagues than most fans realise. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Someone contacted me on social media after that post and gave me salaries of specific players at junior clubs. He's in a position to know what he's talking about. It seems there's a lot more money in the semi-pro leagues than most fans realise. 

Social media? That's gospel then.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Social media? That's gospel then.

I judge the (likely) accuracy of information by the name of the source and what I know of them. How they deliver that message doesn't really matter. 

If you feel differently that's your prerogative. 

Tell me, what delivery method would you always take as gospel? Written on the side of a bus perhaps? 

gettyimages-530966130.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I judge the (likely) accuracy of information by the name of the source and what I know of them. How they deliver that message doesn't really matter. 

If you feel differently that's your prerogative. 

Tell me, what delivery method would you always take as gospel? Written on the side of a bus perhaps? 

gettyimages-530966130.jpg

You'd need to name your source to let us judge the credibility. Big earners do exist in non-league divisions, but they are the exception rather than the rule across the board. Then there's Kelty and Darvel who are paying above the going rate for level, but most players are on a few quid and expenses if they're lucky.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You'd need to name your source to let us judge the credibility. Big earners do exist in non-league divisions, but they are the exception rather than the rule across the board. Then there's Kelty and Darvel who are paying above the going rate for level, but most players are on a few quid and expenses if they're lucky.

I don't see that these two posts are at all contradictory.  

Back onto all thing FFC.

We know the league we are in. We know M&M have the gig for the foreseeable future. We know the core of the squad. We know after the Deans interview there will be signings so can expect a 20 -22 squad.

This is the first bit of certainty the fans have had for months.

What positions do other forum users think required to be signed and what age range. ? No rights or wrongs in the answers but opinions made would be of interest to all.

Lets get discussions back on track and leave Pandemics and Junior football to the appropriate forums.

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Back onto all thing FFC.

We know the league we are in. We know M&M have the gig for the foreseeable future. We know the core of the squad. We know after the Deans interview there will be signings so can expect a 20 -22 squad.

This is the first bit of certainty the fans have had for months.

What positions do other forum users think required to be signed and what age range. ? No rights or wrongs in the answers but opinions made would be of interest to all.

Lets get discussions back on track and leave Pandemics and Junior football to the appropriate forums.

Right back

Centre back

2 centre mids (one young)

2 strikers (McManus and O'Hara) 

My reason for O'Hara, 21 so still very young and found his goalscoring boots last season. 

Edited by Ecosse83

10 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I don't see that these two posts are at all contradictory.  

He's  making  out it's  common practice, when it's really not. And his anonymous source on social media providing a list he hasn't shared of high earners is ludicrous.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

McManus away to Dunfermline I heard

Yeah I don't think we will manage to get him back for next season. 

26 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If it’s purely down to cash we have no chance, they are paying by far the biggest wages in the championship. 

Aye Dunfermline, who just released 17 players cause they are skint, are paying players more than Hearts are paying Naismith, Souttar or Washington :1eye

8 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

can expect a 20 -22 squad.

I'm not certain that will be the case. 

Last year we planned to have an 18 man squad and only ended up with more due to some late signings in August / September, which I think arose due to extra cash becoming available. 

When the season ended we had exactly 18. Plus Lee Miller as an "emergency" substitute. (Buchanan, Connolly, De Vita, Dixon, Doyle, Durnan, Ferrie, Gomis, Hall, Leitch, McManus, MacMillan, McShane, Miller, Mutch, Sammon, Telfer & Todd). Not counting Laverty & Johnstone as they were out on loan. 

Given the lower number of games and revenue I wouldn't be surprised if we went with the same again. 

55 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

If it’s purely down to cash we have no chance, they are paying by far the biggest wages in the championship. 

😅

You are absolutely desperate to believe that. We had the 5th highest budget in the league last year and signed mostly younger players.

This coming season we will have to cut the budget further, but then so will everyone else. Think we'll have the 4th highest in the league this coming season.

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm not certain that will be the case. 

Last year we planned to have an 18 man squad and only ended up with more due to some late signings in August / September, which I think arose due to extra cash becoming available. 

When the season ended we had exactly 18. Plus Lee Miller as an "emergency" substitute. (Buchanan, Connolly, De Vita, Dixon, Doyle, Durnan, Ferrie, Gomis, Hall, Leitch, McManus, MacMillan, McShane, Miller, Mutch, Sammon, Telfer & Todd). Not counting Laverty & Johnstone as they were out on loan. 

Given the lower number of games and revenue I wouldn't be surprised if we went with the same again. 

Size of squad will depend on the budget and what the club is prepared to pay as a wage. Plus if done right some part time players.

There will be a glut of players looking for a club and not enough positions to go round. So it's an employers market with players available with a point to prove so no lack of motivation to ensure they stay in the game.

Assuming on top of the 6 signed for next season the 6 on short term deals get a seasons extension.

The club require - Back up goalkeeper - Right back -  Left Back - Center half - Midfield playmaker - Midfield box to box player - Midfielder come winger - Forwards x 2. Should be looking at the 19 -24 year old age group as we have enough experience of older players already signed.

Think anything less could leave the squad exposed when injuries , suspensions , drop off of form come into play.

As I said, nothing wrong nothing right its just an opinion.