The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

A bit of gnashing of teeth about "revenge" and Deans is a hero for some reason. 

Comes across well = hero? 

Ok then 🤣

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have not seen him play to make a judgement but could be the leader on the park we require.

Suspect he will get an offer at a higher level though.

You haven't seen Alston play? He's a very good player and would skoosh L1 but he's not a 'leader' type.

Deans does speak well in the main. Not sure I would have talked about humiliating clubs and the investment bit he boasted about doesn’t hold water after his farcical 5 months with MC.

I would also disagree regarding us winning the league but that of course is conjecture now and a matter of opinion.

Still not delivered anything in a year. Still in league 1.

However the most positive thing he did say was about the MSG and his attempt to break that stranglehold they have on the club. Clearly looking at way to move them to one side and they feel appreciated rather than hounded out. That is the key to all this you know without that being achieved we are going nowhere.

If he can’t he will be another in a line of failures at the club who have been no more than a punch bag to take blows for the MSG.

I hope he can pull it off and he deserves support of us all to do so.

It is about delivering, the talking is the easy bit.

I think it’s pretty certain that the club are genuinely trying to change the way in which the club is managed and run. It’s pleasing to hear that there are discussions about the future role of the MSG, and if my interpretation is correct, gone are the days that selling the pies were signed off by them.
Yes it’s been a year without any change, and words can be cheap,  however I’m of the opinion that genuine change is coming and we have a guy in charge that supports the club unlike many of the recent horrors.

Time will tell. Let support him and hope he can be successful

Now we are back to talking about football matters keep of release? 
Dixon
Durnan
Hall
Connolly
Miller
Telfer

Keep all except Telfer

Guest Ecosse83

I agree about Telfer, I suppose the rest will depend on what we could get now for similar money in today's climate. 

The likes of Dixon will be on a decent enough wage, could we now get someone similar for a bit less?

Not having a go at any of the players but that could now be the reality!

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I agree about Telfer, I suppose the rest will depend on what we could get now for similar money in today's climate. 

The likes of Dixon will be on a decent enough wage, could we now get someone similar for a bit less?

Not having a go at any of the players but that could now be the reality!

Dixon can play left back and centre back pretty well so hes the kind of player you need in a tight squad.

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As mentioned there are tens upon tens of available players out there. Not sure what strategy M&M will use, as we’ve tried the experience route which hasn’t worked, we binned most young players, so  I’m sure there will be lots of private discussions with players they want, I’m guessing that apart from Hutchy every position is available or up for grabs. ( my concern is that during the transfer window we brought in guys like Devita, hoping this was only a blip)

A bit more youth and energy in the team wouldn't go amiss, that was severely lacking last season, players trying to progress their career rather than one's looking for their final decent contract. 

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I hope we bring back some sort of reserve squad, picking up some of the olayers released. Accepting the academy is gone we do still need some pathway for players to develop or play games when they're not in the first 11.

I believe that was part of the plan for this season. We were keeping our eye on a few young players and one was training with us during the week. Sadly that plan was pre-covid. 

From the chairmans comments last night I suspect it'll be put on hold now for another year. 

i would keep dixon and play him at CB.  think he'd be much steadier than durnan/hall combo.

Telfer can go for me too, I suspect he has 1 way of playing (and 1 position) that really suits him and its just not the way we play.  

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

One of your players from last season off to Darvel in the West of Scotland league. 

Great coup for them

Ian mcshane I presume. Probably his level now. Very disappointing last couple of years. Couldnt even get into our side in league one.  Surprising considering his previous levels and hes only 27.