The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Look at the figures on cases in Arizona, Texas and Florida. All have Governors who declined to mandate masks, and in most cases prevented local authorities from requiring them...all have cases doubling in less than 10 days now...all have hospitals warning they are at capacity...if that’s encouraging to you, you’re a moron too.

The nail has been hit on the head

And yet the deaths per mn in the US is around half of that in the UK/Scotland.
Testing positive is not a death sentence.
This is a disease overwhelmingly that affects the elderly.

You sir are a callous b*****d and I am heart sick of reading your bile.

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

On another matter, just read Brian Marjoribanks interview with Gary Deans. Very good response by our chairman on the fiasco of the last few months. Had a right go at the whole of Scottish football and names and shames one of the tossers that couldn’t wait to get his napper across all social media & papers and then retreats into his shite hole once his vote is known. Makes reference to spending money on players, and winning the league, for me a decent and honest guy.

Agree - great to see we’ve another Daily Mail reader on here.

Lets get back to the purpose of the thread - Falkirk Football Club related matters.

Hard decisions regarding the forthcoming abridged season will be taken over the next month.

Lets assume M&M get the managerial gig for the coming season.

The six signings for next season is a core of the squad to build on with most certainly some of the six on short terms contracts get an extended deal if not for the season at least half the season. Lets say we have 9-10 players on the books.

FFC should have an idea of the budget M&M have.

What's the thoughts on the minimum squad to get us through the season. Also on having some part time players if that means a few more players signed.

Open minded on this and there will be a glut of players desperate to stay in the game.

33 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Seems like free speech without profanities Is not considered pc.

Only got the no mark's "I've got a right to my opinion!" wail to go for my Bingo line..

If we have 9-10 players on the books we need to at least double that plus 3/4.  Most folks seemed to feel we were too light on numbers last time out.  No probs getting in some part-time players; all depends who's in the market, but whatever it takes is fine by me if we have inject some drive, energy, pace, width and please God some flair on display.  No more half-paced, square-ball-and-backwards plodders.  Targets? Get McManus back for starters, please don't leave us stuck with big half-arsed Harry Haddock up front. And buy Rudden too (am only half-joking).     

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

The club is staying full time GD in the FH saying that no intention of going part time its a given that M and M will be in charge considering they said when the players were furloughed the managerial team was remaining in place.

The positive side of this whole pandemic side is there will be plenty choice of players  given clubs have cut their academies, trimmed down squad sizes etc

Guest Ecosse83

The squad Partick brought down doesn't look up to much. Their strike force looks the strongest area but the rest looks bang average. 

Fingers crossed Miller and McCracken can sign a decent team!

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

If we have 9-10 players on the books we need to at least double that plus 3/4.  Most folks seemed to feel we were too light on numbers last time out.  No probs getting in some part-time players; all depends who's in the market, but whatever it takes is fine by me if we have inject some drive, energy, pace, width and please God some flair on display.  No more half-paced, square-ball-and-backwards plodders.  Targets? Get McManus back for starters, please don't leave us stuck with big half-arsed Harry Haddock up front. And buy Rudden too (am only half-joking).     

We're back interested in McManus, which won't come as a surprise I suppose. 

No one really knows how things will play out, hopefully we can pick up a few bargains as clubs let players go due to finance. Would be good to get to the end of the season with us and partick both going up (obviously best case scenario is us as champions and them through the play offs) with raith and another team coming down.

24 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Would be good to get to the end of the season with us and partick both going up (obviously best case scenario is us as champions and them through the play offs) with raith and another team coming down.

Other than Falkirk winning the league, why would that be good?

The squad Partick brought down doesn't look up to much. Their strike force looks the strongest area but the rest looks bang average. 
Theres a reason they're along side us, having squeaked it 12 months earlier. Both teams are shite.

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Other than Falkirk winning the league, why would that be good?

More for the seethe from McGlynn due to his and the Raith chairmans comments of demanding to be crowned champions despite there being 8 games left. 

Funnily enough i have more of a dislike for Raith than Dunfermline more over Raith's behaviour after the death of Bob McCallum because they didnt want to lose the Saturday gate money by switching it to a midweek game.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

They’ve already recruited two top signings in Docherty from Ayr and Lyons from Montrose. 
I felt we lost games in the middle of the park last season, very few games we controlled against the top half sides. We desperately need someone with a bit of energy who can go box to box.