The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Our own fault mainly

To be fair there are circumstances beyond our control. Teams in the bottom two divisions do not influence policy and it will be a case of this is what you are getting.

It's anybody's guess what October will bring and teams will have to commit by August latest so they can get the infrastructure, squads, staff etc sorted.

If it's closed doors games I just don't see how some teams in our league can do it and be financially viable.

Therefore it is only fair that teams should be given the opportunity to sit the season out without penalty. 

To be fair there are circumstances beyond our control. Teams in the bottom two divisions do not influence policy and it will be a case of this is what you are getting.
It's anybody's guess what October will bring and teams will have to commit by August latest so they can get the infrastructure, squads, staff etc sorted.
If it's closed doors games I just don't see how some teams in our league can do it and be financially viable.
Therefore it is only fair that teams should be given the opportunity to sit the season out without penalty. 

What was? Getting relegated to Div 3 was someone else to blame?

On 20/06/2020 at 12:14, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I played for ICI Juveniles from mid 80’s to early 90’s so spent a lot of time there too.

I played against them loads over a similar-ish time frame.

On 20/06/2020 at 12:31, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The 2 big ones I remember were in the 80’s and I think pretty close together as in weeks 😟 

Hydrocracker plant blew up in ‘87. First time I remember being terrified.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Wonder if you were there round about when I was ??

Think I might’ve played in the same leagues about the same time too. 🤔 Was born in 80.

This thread shows what's wrong with scottish football, you have a league that relies on fans income more than any other in Europe, fans have complained for years about playing the same teams 4 or more times per season but the league set up never gets changed as it suits tv and the old firm and yet you have random fans from other teams more likely to have a go at Falkirk than have a go at the top league and their self interest and greed.

A separate point, surely the league must set up rules determining what happens to the leagues if this or for another reason the season can't finish. Say upto 15 games, null and void, after that points per game etc. It would be unbelievably amateurish if this happened again and there was nothing in place to deal with it.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This thread shows what's wrong with scottish football, you have a league that relies on fans income more than any other in Europe, fans have complained for years about playing the same teams 4 or more times per season but the league set up never gets changed as it suits tv and the old firm and yet you have random fans from other teams more likely to have a go at Falkirk than have a go at the top league and their self interest and greed.

A separate point, surely the league must set up rules determining what happens to the leagues if this or for another reason the season can't finish. Say upto 15 games, null and void, after that points per game etc. It would be unbelievably amateurish if this happened again and there was nothing in place to deal with it.

Being heavily dependent on physical attendances doesn't mean you ignore other revenue ie TV. I don't know the exact percentages of each but if any club lost its share of the telly money it would mean significant cuts would need to be made.

If we did what supporters wanted, how would we assess that? Any poll would be dominated by Celtic and Rangers. Look at the number of idiots that post on here, how would you exclude them from influencing the outcome?

Even the players themselves dont like the set up as its too reptitive you have the prospect of facing the same teams upto 6 times a season adding in cup runs but not taking into account replays against same team. the play offs were a bit of a break from that and added something different but you still have the league being repetitive.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Even the players themselves dont like the set up as its too reptitive you have the prospect of facing the same teams upto 6 times a season adding in cup runs but not taking into account replays against same team. the play offs were a bit of a break from that and added something different but you still have the league being repetitive.

There was an instance in the Jim McLean era at Dundee United when they played a team who's name leaves me 13 times in one season. That is not a marketable product as far as the fans are concerned and as you posted the players get sick of it. That's how bad blood, grudges and vandetta's start.

Nothing will be done because the clubs themselves legislated away influence to a self appointed elite !

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Being heavily dependent on physical attendances doesn't mean you ignore other revenue ie TV. I don't know the exact percentages of each but if any club lost its share of the telly money it would mean significant cuts would need to be made.

If we did what supporters wanted, how would we assess that? Any poll would be dominated by Celtic and Rangers. Look at the number of idiots that post on here, how would you exclude them from influencing the outcome?

Changing the set up so teams play 2 or at worst 3 times a season would reduce not eliminate tv money, we'd still get a tv deal so clubs would lose a small amount. And while old firm fans quite like playing each other 4 or more times per season they, like everyone else aren't keen on playing 4 games v st johnstone, ross county, hamilton etc....

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There was an instance in the Jim McLean era at Dundee United when they played a team who's name leaves me 13 times in one season. That is not a marketable product as far as the fans are concerned and as you posted the players get sick of it. That's how bad blood, grudges and vandetta's start.

Nothing will be done because the clubs themselves legislated away influence to a self appointed elite !

I'm not having that. Proof please.

I'd estimate the very worst they'd have got would have been League x 4, LC x 2 (group and later in k.o.) and SC let's go mad and say a third replay. So 4.

That's 10, and I'd not put money on that, rather 7 or 8 at the most.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Changing the set up so teams play 2 or at worst 3 times a season would reduce not eliminate tv money, we'd still get a tv deal so clubs would lose a small amount. And while old firm fans quite like playing each other 4 or more times per season they, like everyone else aren't keen on playing 4 games v st johnstone, ross county, hamilton etc....

"Ok guys, we're going to reorganize the league in a way that all reduce your income. It won't be a lot, don't worry about it. Whose in?"

40 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"Ok guys, we're going to reorganize the league in a way that all reduce your income. It won't be a lot, don't worry about it. Whose in?"

Ok guys, we're going to reorganise the leagues to suit the TV companies and we don't give a shit if fans don't like it. TV companies never go bust and can be totally relied upon. 

48 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The players and fans mostly want bigger leagues, if that means a bit less telly money it wouldn't be the end of the world.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The players and fans mostly want bigger leagues, if that means a bit less telly money it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It could for two clubs.

Though, for 1 of them anyway, having the biggest supports wasn't enough, keeping "Home" gate money wasn't enough, regular European football wasn't enough, reducing the division & playing each other 4x a season wasn't enough, taking the lions share of the TV cash wasn't enough, controlling the voting system wasn't enough, manipulating the tax system wasn't enough & THAT has already been proven.

But then again, liquidators can just sell assets to another entity, brand themselves as such & carry on regardless; all with the blessings of the ruling organizations!

So no, it wouldn't, for them anyway, but fcuk the rest of you.