The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

To be fair to Budge, she has at least turned Scottish football back into a spectator sport....not the one we expected, but still. I think we all know well enough that these days, Doncaster does whatever Peter Lawwell tells him. Interesting too that she has stayed steered clear of the shark infested waters of denying clubs being deemed “league winners”.....Lawwell in particular wouldn’t have taken to his seven figure bonus being brought into doubt.
God knows where it will all end up, but Doncaster won’t be able to make a Dundee secret deal with Hearts unless many millions of pounds are offered up. Doubtless Doncaster will be cursing his luck that it wasn’t the Launderers or Accies in 12th spot.

You’ve actually nailed it here. Lawell is running the game and will always have one eye on his annual bonus - there is no appetite for change in the game at present.

Blair Alston freed by Accies. I wonder if there is a chance he’ll end up with us ??
Queuing up for his services at a higher level than us you would have to imagine but if he cant get a Premiership club so that he can play football before October, you would like to think there the merest hint of a chance he might come home.

You would think that even if Hearts have the budget to get better, theres still the likes of Dundee who could pay him more for Championship football.

On the plus side, I just thought of that outside the foot beauty he fired in the top bag against the ****

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Queuing up for his services at a higher level than us you would have to imagine but if he cant get a Premiership club so that he can play football before October, you would like to think there the merest hint of a chance he might come home.

You would think that even if Hearts have the budget to get better, theres still the likes of Dundee who could pay him more for Championship football.

On the plus side, I just thought of that outside the foot beauty he fired in the top bag against the ****

I think I’ve just woke up overly optimistic cos the suns shining tbh.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Blair Alston freed by Accies. I wonder if there is a chance he’ll end up with us ??

Apparently we’re in for him.

1 hour ago, Broken Bairn said:

Changed days Grangemouth Bairn. Twenty years ago the sun was never seen until after midday as it had to burn through all the shite the BP had pumped out overnight. Get the sun cream on!!

Aye 😂. Being brought up in the shadow of the BP, I remember some nights my bedroom never got dark because of the flame.

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye 😂. Being brought up in the shadow of the BP, I remember some nights my bedroom never got dark because of the flame.

Was like that everywhere within about a 10 mile radius of Grangemouth when I was young. The flare stacks seemed to be almost constantly burning and the flames huge. Growing up in Bo’ness my  bedroom looked out toward Grangemouth and my room was always lit up orange. (Cue the ‘staunch’ patter!)

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, Broken Bairn said:

Changed days Grangemouth Bairn. Twenty years ago the sun was never seen until after midday as it had to burn through all the shite the BP had pumped out overnight. Get the sun cream on!!

Was told by an American that came across the pond during the early days of the North Sea Oil exploration.

That he had never seen so many high pressure volatile processes is such close proximity in the western world.

Commenting ' If one went boom it would take the rest with them.

It was scary stuff ! in the 70's and nobody had a clue of the danger.

How perverse - he worked for Occidental !

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Was like that everywhere within about a 10 mile radius of Grangemouth when I was young. The flare stacks seemed to be almost constantly burning and the flames huge. Growing up in Bo’ness my  bedroom looked out toward Grangemouth and my room was always lit up orange. (Cue the ‘staunch’ patter!)

Aye, it was interesting to say the least. I remember the sport and social facilities at the BP Club. First class.

I have a distant memory of being at primary school in Polmont in the late 60's/ early 70's when there was some kind of major incident at Grangemouth.  Felt like a bomb going off and an small eathquake. And that was over 2 miles away.

Might have been magnified by my childhood sensibilities but it must have been big for me to remember it 50 years later.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
addition

5 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I have a distant memory of being at primary school in Polmont in the late 60's when there was some kind of major incident at Grangemouth.  Felt like a bomb going off and an small eathquake. And that was over 2 miles away.

Might have been magnified by my childhood sensibilities but it must have been big for me to remember it 50 years later.

The 2 big ones I remember were in the 80’s and I think pretty close together as in weeks 😟