The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Selective memory here. Hartley did fine once he took over from Houston.  His signings in the January did fine and we stayed up comfortably. At that point most supporters were behind him and I’d say he earned that.

When he rebuilt the squad again that summer and it quickly became obvious that he had assembled the worst Falkirk team in recent memory the fans quickly turned on him and he was universally loathed from that point on.

Agree it was the worst Falkirk team ever - but did Supertramp sign them or was it Superscout?

Well spoke about at the time he had not seen many of the players himself, trusted the scout's judgement and a decision had been made for him not to travel down to view them live.

Again CC's brave new world model that turned to puss. 

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

FFC have been prudent and pragmatic.

The 6 signed for next season are a core of squad to build on. Having a further 6 retained on short term contracts awaiting a fixture list is a responsible thing to.

It's a case of waiting until there is a fixture list and take it from there.

What's peoples thoughts on having some part time players for next season ? 

I wasn't talking about existing signed players under contract , I was commenting on a post that suggested we should be making new signings, which as far as I know would not have their wages paid by the government.  

I'm not against part time players coming in as long as they are good enough.

4 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Agree it was the worst Falkirk team ever - but did Supertramp sign them or was it Superscout?

Well spoke about at the time he had not seen many of the players himself, trusted the scout's judgement and a decision had been made for him not to travel down to view them live.

Again CC's brave new world model that turned to puss. 

Having listened to interviews it was the clubs plan and not the management teams. Having said that if you are happy to go along with it you also have to share the blame. I'd also add that the few signings he made that werent via that policy that summer like Dylan Mackin for example were also feckin awful.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Only 16 clubs have voted for reconstruction. Dead in the water.....

What now ? some clubs just cannot afford to put a team on the park without a crowd at their games.

The ruling body must give these clubs the option of hibernation for the next season without penalty.

Then cobble together a league structure for those teams left that can budget for putting a team on the park without bankrupting themselves.

Next few days are going to be interesting !

Not missed it one bit. It was utterly garbage last season and only mildly better than the previous 2. The thought of more trips to Montrose, Peterhead and Methil does nothing to spark any enthusiasm either. Add in Cove to the mix and I can’t think of anything less appealing.

Maybe it was the health shock I got in March that has done it and fixed my mind to what is important or the shambles of the SPFL that hasn’t help. Whatever it is my enthusiasm for football fullstop has gone. Hopefully it may come back

I'm with you on that. Yesterday was the first time I'd looked at the P&B app since March. There's a long way to go until there's any chance of Football, so I may go back into hibernation again.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What now ? some clubs just cannot afford to put a team on the park without a crowd at their games.

The ruling body must give these clubs the option of hibernation for the next season without penalty.

Then cobble together a league structure for those teams left that can budget for putting a team on the park without bankrupting themselves.

Not sure where we go from here.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Championship isn't due to start until the 17th October, which is literally four months away. 

A lot could have changed by then. The government hope to move to stage two of the lockdown at the end of this week. I'm sure I've seen news reports that the tourist industry has been told to consider their readiness for moving to stage three in July. It's possible that many of the current restrictions could be gone by the time football resumes. 

There are no guarantees but the Championship clubs obviously feel they can go ahead. 

If Arbroath and Alloa think they can do it, why not Airdrie and Clyde? 

It all depends on the mood of the L1 clubs. Let's see what they have to say over the next week or so. 

If Falkirk and Thistle are the only clubs who feel they can go ahead with playing football in this league then that should tell you everything about how badly Falkirk FC has been mismanaged to end up at this level.

Folk want to boycott away games but will buy the new home/away top and a season ticket to pay for Sandy Alexander's stand.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If Falkirk and Thistle are the only clubs who feel they can go ahead with playing football in this league then that should tell you everything about how badly Falkirk FC has been mismanaged to end up at this level.

Folk want to boycott away games but will buy the new home/away top and a season ticket to pay for Sandy Alexander's stand.

I’m not sure if the boycott will happen given social distancing will greatly reduce away crowds anyway.

Thats if we actually get to play any games.

So if the rest of the clubs in our division can’t afford to play until January, are we just going to play Partick Thistle every week for the first half of the season?

I’m amazed no one’s mentioned 12-12-10-10 yet. That would seem to be a pretty obvious proposal that would get all the full time clubs into the top 2 leagues and make a 33 game championship possible.

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I’m amazed no one’s mentioned 12-12-10-10 yet. That would seem to be a pretty obvious proposal that would get all the full time clubs into the top 2 leagues and make a 33 game championship possible.

Why have Falkirk and/or Thistle, not put this forward, an extended Championship. It’s a simples solution as both teams can play now, and it doesn’t look like many others can do so. Poor from both Falkirk and Thistle to not even have suggested this yet, unless they know that League 1 clubs will vote in favour of starting in October. 

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

So if the rest of the clubs in our division can’t afford to play until January, are we just going to play Partick Thistle every week for the first half of the season?

That would be my preference anyway tbh but only if the boozers are open in the West End

Falkirk fans - "USING LEAGUE POSITION IN AN UNFINISHED TO DECIDE TEAMS FATES IS IMMORAL! LETS BOYCOTT EVERYONE"

Also Falkirk fans - "LETS USE LEAGUE POSITION IN AN UNFINISHED SEASON TO PROMOTE US THROUGH A RECONSTRUCTION NOBODY WANTS!!!"

And you wonder why folk are bemused.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why are Falkirk fans boycotting away games?

Think you'll find that my suggestion that we boycott away games got significantly less support than Hearts' reconstruction proposal got. I was a minority of 1.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Falkirk fans - "USING LEAGUE POSITION IN AN UNFINISHED TO DECIDE TEAMS FATES IS IMMORAL! LETS BOYCOTT EVERYONE"

Also Falkirk fans - "LETS USE LEAGUE POSITION IN AN UNFINISHED SEASON TO PROMOTE US THROUGH A RECONSTRUCTION NOBODY WANTS!!!"

And you wonder why folk are bemused.

Don’t try and understand us, brother.

We are Falkirk.