The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Anyone know if Declan has been furloughed with the rest of the playing staff? Saw he got released from County and hope M&M have moved fast to offer him something, 

He wasn't our player/employee , the furlough scheme is about protecting existing jobs - not signing players, giving out new contracts and immediately furloughing them. I know the UK Gov are hopeless but...…….…..          

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

He wasn't our player/employee , the furlough scheme is about protecting existing jobs - not signing players, giving out new contracts and immediately furloughing them. I know the UK Gov are hopeless but...…….…..          

True enough, but the point was to keep people from starving or losing their home/car/etc., and an out of contract player....

It’s a difficult situation, for sure. The honorable thing is the previous club to extend the contact and furlough...but some clubs have legal advise against that. The footballers out of contract now are just screwed.

10 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The whole stadium deal is a mess. Everybody from Uncle Tom Cobble has a stake in the place. In all my year in business I have never encountered such a convoluted consortium of different factions owning bits of the place. 

We should still re negotiate. Most companies are talking to the leaseholders telling them some hard realities of the situation. 

There is a large % of what FFC takes in on a matchday goes straight to the Council and that sticks in my throat.

As for the pitch I think we own the artificial pitch but not the land it sits on. Plus that pitch is coming to the end of its life, think it was a 6 -8 year lifespan when it was put in.

The sooner you win the lottery and make Shadwell Park a reality the better !

We cant do much till we see what's actually happening. I reckon if you find we're not playing till january then a deal will be done.   

7 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Anyone know if Declan has been furloughed with the rest of the playing staff? Saw he got released from County and hope M&M have moved fast to offer him something, 

Nobody will be getting signed till we know what's happening . No point in doing that and then finding out we're forced to sit and wait till january until we kick a ball.

Could you be creative in writing a contract and offer him something like 150 a week basic wage initially, 500 appearance fee, with basic wage rising to 600 a week after one competitive appearance? Figures purely illustrative as I don't know what we pay.

This could be an opportunity to give players some sort of certainty and maybe we get guys in that we couldn't otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Could you be creative in writing a contract and offer him something like 150 a week basic wage initially, 500 appearance fee, with basic wage rising to 600 a week after one competitive appearance? Figures purely illustrative as I don't know what we pay.

This could be an opportunity to give players some sort of certainty and maybe we get guys in that we couldn't otherwise.

No ! Cash reserves at the club are not finite and with no fixture list or any idea when there will be one nothing can be done. If anything when players we have on contract for next season and there is a get out clause due to not promotion. But still nothing from the Blazers by the end of June then they have to go as well.

Controlling costs is everything. If FFC runs out of money then it's all over !

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's going to end up with the top two leagues playing and us frozen out isn't it?

Probably!

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We cant do much till we see what's actually happening. I reckon if you find we're not playing till january then a deal will be done.   

Hope so but am not hopeful of the council moving. FFC have rolled over far to often in the past that the council take it as a reflex action.

They require some re education to get them to change that mindset.

Vacating the offices would be a good starting point and lay down a marker.

40 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's going to end up with the top two leagues playing and us frozen out isn't it?

Aye, and if / when we start playing again we're meant to sit down and sing Kumbaya with the other clubs in the league that f*cked us over. (not interested in hearing that it's our own fault, McKinnon etc.).

F*ck em.

fire singing GIF by South Park

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Aye, and if / when we start playing again we're meant to sit down and sing Kumbaya with the other clubs in the league that f*cked us over. (not interested in hearing that it's our own fault, McKinnon etc.).

F*ck em.

fire singing GIF by South Park

There will be no singing allowed. Sit in silence. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

It is the fault of our board/owners

It's not quite entirely their fault. Suddenly ending a league on a random weekend in March wasnt something the bod had planned for. That simply highlighted their mistakes. The SPFL preventing us from playing football could highlight them eve  further.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not quite entirely their fault. Suddenly ending a league on a random weekend in March wasnt something the bod had planned for. That simply highlighted their mistakes. The SPFL preventing us from playing football could highlight them eve  further.

Nothing will prevent you from playing friendly if you so wish, what exactly are Falkirk expecting, to just be parachuted into the Premier/championship?