The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I dont agree and I'm sure gary Dean's doesnt either the way hes talking.  I think playing behind closed doors for a full season is probably out the window but I could certainly see us doing half and half . I think doing nothing till January and crowds is by far the worst option for us.

Shadwell. The players won't play unless they feel safe.  The fans won't turn up unless they feel safe.

Playing behind closed doors for 1/2 a season as you suggested will just decrease the clubs reserves faster. Running costs of the stadium. Wages and a very hefty insurance bill to cover any litigation due to negligence to boot.

See where you are coming from but closed door games are a financial black hole.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Only two clubs have been in administration more than once. There is no habit like you claim.

Are you genuinely suggesting that because one board was shit and it ended up with the club in administration that every single subsequent board will do the same? Even though it's different people?

Seriously?

Company law is clear on the matter. If you cannot service your debts then administration is not a choice its a reality.

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Shadwell. The players won't play unless they feel safe.  The fans won't turn up unless they feel safe.

Playing behind closed doors for 1/2 a season as you suggested will just decrease the clubs reserves faster. Running costs of the stadium. Wages and a very hefty insurance bill to cover any litigation due to negligence to boot.

See where you are coming from but closed door games are a financial black hole.

You sell a season ticket for the same price you normally do perhaps slightly less. First half you get free tv coverage second half you get into games.  If your a fan you will buy one to help the club just as people will avoid getting refunds on last season. The top flight are going to be playing so their players will have to feel safe. Only thing you're losing out on is hospitality.  Sitting doing nothing with players on the books is going to cost you a lot more 

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You sell a season ticket for the same price you normally do perhaps slightly less. First half you get free tv coverage second half you get into games.  If your a fan you will buy one to help the club just as people will avoid getting refunds on last season. The top flight are going to be playing so their players will have to feel safe. Only thing you're losing out on is hospitality.  Sitting doing nothing with players on the books is going to cost you a lot more 

What was your percentage of season ticket and pay at the gate? Will you have a pay at the....telly option?

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Oh dear, I do believe I'm being patronised!

My point was, it would be difficult to factor in PPV/PATG revenue in to the cost/revenue analysis.

Would be difficult for clubs that rely more on patg.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Shadwell. There would have to be a survey of season ticket holders on what % would buy the package you suggest. That has to be done so you can get an idea of your income. Once you know that you then have a budget for running the club and playing squad.

Regarding Season Tickets at this point of time. On principle it is wrong to sell season tickets without knowing the fixture list. It would be preferable, honest and being realistic with the people parting with the money of it was a 20 - 25 - 30 home game package that would run over to the next season if required.

That is fair and a more marketable product to sell.

Guest Ecosse83

I'd definitely buy a season ticket with Falkirk TV included until we can get back to the stadium. 

Just had a flick through Twitter, general consensus now is to ask who wants to play and then get on with it. 

32 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Shadwell. There would have to be a survey of season ticket holders on what % would buy the package you suggest. That has to be done so you can get an idea of your income. Once you know that you then have a budget for running the club and playing squad.

Regarding Season Tickets at this point of time. On principle it is wrong to sell season tickets without knowing the fixture list. It would be preferable, honest and being realistic with the people parting with the money of it was a 20 - 25 - 30 home game package that would run over to the next season if required.

That is fair and a more marketable product to sell.

Of course you need some idea before selling  but we need to be playing asap.

Yes, I've tended to watch games on a PPV basis in the past but I would gladly pay for a season ticket for Falkirk TV this time round so that the club get the cash up front. Hell, I'll probably buy one of those horrendous new strips too.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yes, I've tended to watch games on a PPV basis in the past but I would gladly pay for a season ticket for Falkirk TV this time round so that the club get the cash up front. Hell, I'll probably buy one of those horrendous new strips too.

Luckily for me my wee laddie will get that honour 🤣

50 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Of course you need some idea before selling  but we need to be playing asap.

Not before we have the financial side of things sorted. That requires a fixture list. From that you have a marketable product to sell. You then get an idea of the money coming in and can then recruit a playing squad. If that's a 16-18 player squad so be it. The club must live within it means in this difficult time. 

There will be a large % of the support with a substantial drop in disposable income with many without a job. If the club are selling season ticket / games package or whatever. FFC will be luck to get 50% uptake from last season. People just wont be able to afford it.

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not before we have the financial side of things sorted. That requires a fixture list. From that you have a marketable product to sell. You then get an idea of the money coming in and can then recruit a playing squad. If that's a 16-18 player squad so be it. The club must live within it means in this difficult time. 

There will be a large % of the support with a substantial drop in disposable income with many without a job. If the club are selling season ticket / games package or whatever. FFC will be luck to get 50% uptake from last season. People just wont be able to afford it.

I'm not sure about that. A large amount of folk have also been sitting spending the squard root of hee haw over the past two months.  People tend to find cash when its needed for your team especially when its whole survival depends on it. You're right though until we know what league we're in and who we are playing we cant do anything. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not sure about that. A large amount of folk have also been sitting spending the squard root of hee haw over the past two months.  People tend to find cash when its needed for your team especially when its whole survival depends on it. You're right though until we know what league we're in and who we are playing we cant do anything. 

That is why getting the feedback from the fans is so important. Simple Q & A form to season ticket holders regarding various scenarios.

The club should be asking these questions now.

FFC must get this right.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I’m glad our chairman has clearly stated that we are ready to play football whenever the start date, however, I don't think we should underestimate the amount of revenue that is brought in through  sponsorship and hospitality. With social distancing ( whatever the distance becomes) will almost shutdown a good revenue stream. Just hoping the majority of the sponsors we have, are happy to support us through next season. Really challenging times. 

Sponsorship shouldn't be too much of an issue as long as the games are being shown on some sort of tv/streaming service.  I'm sure just like we are doing at the moment with the reruns people will be happy to sponsor the matchball etc. Obviously hospitality will be a loss unless some sort of restricted access is allowed . Easier to control this than people in the stadium itself. Will depend on when the govt allows restaurants etc to open again I suppose.

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Smelling Food GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Mmmmmmmm! Love that beautiful smell of fresh, clean air, no Dawson Park Boy stinking the place out!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Back Post Misses and Bainsford Bairn!

Jesus Christ. If he has affected you that badly I maybe think it’s you who should have stepped away from an online football forum.

Edited by wee_bairn

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sponsorship shouldn't be too much of an issue as long as the games are being shown on some sort of tv/streaming service.  I'm sure just like we are doing at the moment with the reruns people will be happy to sponsor the matchball etc. Obviously hospitality will be a loss unless some sort of restricted access is allowed . Easier to control this than people in the stadium itself. Will depend on when the govt allows restaurants etc to open again I suppose.

Firms will be cutting budgets for sponsorship and advertising. They will be very cautious until their is some certainty on the spending habits and the disposable income people will have. Nobody knows ! this is a situation without precedent and companies will allocate budgets accordingly.

If FFC have any business savvy ( that's a good subject to debate on the forum ) they will be talking to the decision makers of these income streams now to get an idea of what % of the money we can retain.