The Falkirk FC Thread

Actually it wasn’t the currently owners who saved Falkirk it was the supporters.

Without the initial input of cash from them then there would have been no club left for the consortium to save. I have seen a letter from the liquidator that says that too. For sure most of us are still there too.

By all accounts Dunfermline are one of the clubs who may struggle to get through this shitstorm so if I were you i would be looking out the buckets and raffle ticket books again.
You realise JonnyDun is a dundee fan?

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

By all accounts Dunfermline are one of the clubs who may struggle to get through this shitstorm so if I were you i would be looking out the buckets and raffle ticket books again.

By what account is that? Dunfermline are one of the few clubs with a sellable asset and a constant income stream set up with the centenary lifeline. Why would Dunfermline struggle more than any other full time side outwith the Premiership? 

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

By what account is that? Dunfermline are one of the few clubs with a sellable asset and a constant income stream set up with the centenary lifeline. Why would Dunfermline struggle more than any other full time side outwith the Premiership? 

Cause we released some players.

43 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Well you came a bawhair away from going out of business before, we were just assuming you were going to become one of those clubs that have a habit of shafting creditors.

Guest Ecosse83

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-warned-failure-thrash-22097900

That means clubs from the Championship down would be expected to fulfil all 36 league fixtures. And any club which could not play their games could then be faced with the ultimate threat of expulsion from the SPFL

The threats have started, Doncaster and his cronies obviously want reconstruction to happen now.

Edited by Ecosse83

7 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-warned-failure-thrash-22097900

That means clubs from the Championship down would be expected to fulfil all 36 league fixtures. And any club which could not play their games could then be faced with the ultimate threat of expulsion from the SPFL

The threats have started, Doncaster and his cronies obviously want reconstruction to happen now.

Pinning your hopes on a Keith Jackson story isn't a good look.

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Well you came a bawhair away from going out of business before, we were just assuming you were going to become one of those clubs that have a habit of shafting creditors.

Only two clubs have been in administration more than once. There is no habit like you claim.

Are you genuinely suggesting that because one board was shit and it ended up with the club in administration that every single subsequent board will do the same? Even though it's different people?

Seriously?

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Been there, done it, got the buckets. 

If anything we've shown we can come through financial hardships and still have a club. It's like a warm blanket at night. 

I wouldn’t read to much into it. Yes these are the rules. But not even the SPFL would banish teams unable to compete. There will be some sort of leeway, even if the clubs can’t vote on a structure.

It’s a story from a desperate journalist writing for the Daily Ranger. It fits into their narrative to suggest that clubs are being threatened.

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Pinning your hopes on a Keith Jackson story isn't a good look.

Pinning my hopes? I was merely pointing the article out!

That's me done reading your rabble on here, ignore  button has been hit. 

7 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

I wouldn’t read to much into it. Yes these are the rules. But not even the SPFL would banish teams unable to compete. There will be some sort of leeway, even if the clubs can’t vote on a structure.

It’s a story from a desperate journalist writing for the Daily Ranger. It fits into their narrative to suggest that clubs are being threatened.

Correct they might banish teams unable to play, but on the other hand, they would not be due any prize money, basically become a non playing members of the league...    the governing body realise this fictional Jan 21 start, is because clubs do not want to sign players until furlough ends in October....    

If clubs are mothballed for a season, it will take a lot more funding to resurrect a club than it will to keep trading and ticking over in a certain capacity..

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Pinning my hopes? I was merely pointing the article out!

That's me done reading your rabble on here, ignore  button has been hit. 

That's his stock answer mate. Most of us have given up on the whole reconstruction  thing. It's now more a needing to play asap to get cash into the club never mind anything else.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's his stock answer mate. Most of us have given up on the whole reconstruction  thing. It's now more a needing to play asap to get cash into the club never mind anything else.

Yep if we even mention it that's is begging for reconstruction 🤣

Anyway I won't be seeing his posts from now on, it feels good 😎

I certainly hope that as few fans as possible ask for a partial refund on their season tickets, as the club have now offered, but can we agree not to shame those who do?

A lot of people have fallen on pretty difficult financial circumstances right now, they may have lost their job or their business, and getting a little bit of money back might be needed to keep food on the table.

Others, such as myself if I was a season ticket holder (I’m not because I live in England), are in a better position because you’re still working/WFH and probably have reduced spending due to no travel costs, pubs being shut, no meals out. These people can afford to absorb the cost of the season ticket and hopefully they choose to do so by supporting the club.

I just don’t want to see any shaming of those who need the refund

52 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But do so safely ! Where FFC are it is only financially viable to play in front of a crowd. There are two issues to be resolved before that can happen.

1. The football authorities and the players union agree on procedures that will ensure that the players and those that come in contact stadium staff etc are safe and comply with the guidelines..

2. How do you get the fans in and out of the stadium and abide by the guidelines for their safety.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

But do so safely ! Where FFC are it is only financially viable to play in front of a crowd. There are two issues to be resolved before that can happen.

1. The football authorities and the players union agree on procedures that will ensure that the players and those that come in contact stadium staff etc are safe and comply with the guidelines..

2. How do you get the fans in and out of the stadium and abide by the guidelines for their safety.

I dont agree and I'm sure gary Dean's doesnt either the way hes talking.  I think playing behind closed doors for a full season is probably out the window but I could certainly see us doing half and half . I think doing nothing till January and crowds is by far the worst option for us.