The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Didn't you get any cash from Colin Weirs estate?

Nope, no money has come from Colin Weir’s estate, unless it happened and was never said by the club, but I doubt it. 

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Macmillan freed by st Johnstone. Shockerooni not.

It's peoples livelihood that will effect families and their quality of life and many players will never return to the game. Academy and Youth players will never get a career in the sport. The international team will pay the price for this in 10 years time.

Deranged rantings from Strachan are no more likely to change  anything than previous deranged rantings from the likes of Malky Mackay.

Those that are deranged are those who think that the status quo will stay

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Deranged rantings from Strachan are no more likely to change  anything than previous deranged rantings from the likes of Malky Mackay.

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

He said the precise square root of nothing in that podcast. Why is he comparing Scottish football v English football?! It’s absolutely ridiculous!

28 minutes ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

Falkirk are shit

Username says it all ned that cant afford Parkheid has to pretend to be a Thistle casual wonder if thats in the same vein as the livvy ultras i.e. i get to take my drum to the football games and they let me make a noise to start an atmosphere.

28 minutes ago, Trump said:

Ultra Thistle Bhoy rattling a few on here, disappointed but not surprised.

I would say more annoying than rattling in the same way as a Viking/BranchTon or an Edibairn sort of person

14 hours ago, johnnydun said:

So you survived on a bailout then?

I am sure we could have done the same if our debt wasn't £23m.

£1.5m? Pffft we lost that in 6 months last season.

Still don't think it's well placed for yourselves to take the moral high ground when it comes to finances.

I think you'll find the answer on your own post.

But if not I will make it easy for you:

FFC ran up  debt of 1.5M and paid it all back.

DFC ran up debt of 23M , reckless & ridiculous for a provincial club, and shafted the creditors. Was this before or after the other time?

Hence the perceived moral high ground which we don't need to take as we just know.

BTW it wasn't a bail out , local businessmen bought the club and most of them are still there.      

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

I think you'll find the answer on your own post.

But if not I will make it easy for you:

FFC ran up  debt of 1.5M and paid it all back.

DFC ran up debt of 23M , reckless & ridiculous for a provincial club, and shafted the creditors. Was this before or after the other time?

Hence the perceived moral high ground which we don't need to take as we just know.

BTW it wasn't a bail out , local businessmen bought the club and most of them are still there.      

It was a bail out, just because they are still there, doesn't mean they didn't bail you out. If someone else didn't pay your "reckless and ridiculous" debt, you too would have "shafted the creditors".

You enjoy the moral high ground and Leauge 1 though, we will enjoy being c***s and the league above.

It was a bail out, just because they are still there, doesn't mean they didn't bail you out. If someone else didn't pay your "reckless and ridiculous" debt, you too would have "shafted the creditors".
You enjoy the moral high ground and Leauge 1 though, we will enjoy being c***s and the league above.

What a lot of shite.

Actually it wasn’t the currently owners who saved Falkirk it was the supporters.

Without the initial input of cash from them then there would have been no club left for the consortium to save. I have seen a letter from the liquidator that says that too. For sure most of us are still there too.

By all accounts Dunfermline are one of the clubs who may struggle to get through this shitstorm so if I were you i would be looking out the buckets and raffle ticket books again.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You yourself belittled our 1.5M debt as inconsequential - how can it now be reckless and ridiculous like yours. And by the way it ceases to be a debt when you pay it all off in full.

I wonder how many small businesses went to the wall `due to your club's 23M bad debt that you seem to now look back on in a light hearted fashion.

Regardless of who you are I am sure it's morally right to stop racking up debt to levels you know you can never pay, 23 MILLION jesus , but then at least you have all those titles & cups to show for it.     

I wonder if the big club in Dundee feel morally superior to you & also just superior being in the league above.