The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He helps run Bairns for Life. Oh the irony of that

What? I was going to sign up too!

I was hoping he was just some fuckin clueless troll and nothing to do with us!

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

There's absolutely no way I'd ever give Bairns for Life a penny if that's the kind of intelligence involved with it. 

Dawson PB  - I think I said once before that your views are very much contrary to the majority of Falkirk supporters who post on here. Actually, when it comes to Covid-19 they seem to be contrary to pretty much everyone else on this forum.

That's fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion, just as other people are entitled to attack it.

However, BPM likes to let cats out of the bag and your identity wasn't much of a secret even before his post earlier today. It wouldn't take too many google searches on B4L to make an educated guess as to who you are. 

In which case your opinions posted here run the risk of alienating  some of the people that B4L are trying to attract. The post I've quoted from NBB is a perfect example of that.

It may be time to consider stepping away from the keyboard. .

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Dawson PB  - I think I said once before that your views are very much contrary to the majority of Falkirk supporters who post on here. Actually, when it comes to Covid-19 they seem to be contrary to pretty much everyone else on this forum.

That's fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion, just as other people are entitled to attack it.

However, BPM likes to let cats out of the bag and your identity wasn't much of a secret even before his post earlier today. It wouldn't take too many google searches on B4L to make an educated guess as to who you are. 

In which case your opinions posted here run the risk of alienating  some of the people that B4L are trying to attract. The post I've quoted from NBB is a perfect example of that.

Fair points, BB.

Yes, it seems that unless you are part of the groupthink, there is no place for contrarian views.

Sad but true.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Fair points, BB.

Yes, it seems that unless you are part of the groupthink, there is no place for contrarian views.

Sad but true.

Thanks

BAIRNforLife? More like CUNTforLife.

Why don’t you do us all a favour and take your venomous, sometimes verging on the libelous, vitriol elsewhere?

F*ck off and good riddance.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

It was mentioned a long time back that he was Dixie Chicken from onef.

Who cares anyway?

He is entitled to his views, most tend not to agree with them as they are pretty extreme. He will have been a Falkirk fan longer than most on here and for that fair play to him.

Not really sure why that would harm BFL. They have done a decent job raising money and it is good now that share transactions are involved.

It is time fans pull together. BtB is still the best vehicle for that IMO.

Great work by the club during this time and the fans have responded.  
A big cash injection from Bairn for Life will also help when needed! 

The fans will always back FFC in terms of cash. I would wager that when push comes to shove over the next few months when clubs are going to teeter on the brink Falkirk will be probably amongst the safest in the country because of the cash we are always prepared to pump in.

With the forum talking about the finances of the club here are some numbers.

22 x players at an average of 650 pounds per week. 

2 x managers on lets say 1,000 pounds per week.

To be conservative lets round that down to 11,000 per week in wages. 20% of that the club are paying = 2,200 pounds per week.

Stadium rent, services, insurance etc for the sake of keeping the numbers simple 2,800 pounds per week.

Hopefully everybody agrees that estimate is on the lower side of what our outgoings are.

That is 5k per week to keep the club going and that's with government support.

FFC have spent 60k since the close down. Now the club have said they are financially strong but have been careful not to say how much. Whatever it was it lower by 60k and unsustainable.

To  eek out what funds we have left that 5k per week has got to be reduced. When you consider that government support for employees is going to decrease and disappear. That action has to be sooner than later.

The players out of contract will be away. Sad but FFC have no choice.

The players we have in contract will either have to agree to reduced wages, payment to terminate contract, or there is a get out due to no promotion and they go as well.

Miller and McCracken is going to be a hard call. reduced wages or let them go at the end of their contract.

Like any tenant FFC has to talk to the landlord just like the rest of business and negotiate a substantial reduction in rent/lease.

With no income and no idea when circumstances  will change. I cannot see the fans putting money into the club in the volume required when rightly family priorities come first.

FFC have to address the above outgoings and do it now. Will be surprised of we don't find out this week.

49 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With the forum talking about the finances of the club here are some numbers.

22 x players at an average of 650 pounds per week. 

2 x managers on lets say 1,000 pounds per week.

To be conservative lets round that down to 11,000 per week in wages. 20% of that the club are paying = 2,200 pounds per week.

Stadium rent, services, insurance etc for the sake of keeping the numbers simple 2,800 pounds per week.

Hopefully everybody agrees that estimate is on the lower side of what our outgoings are.

That is 5k per week to keep the club going and that's with government support.

FFC have spent 60k since the close down. Now the club have said they are financially strong but have been careful not to say how much. Whatever it was it lower by 60k and unsustainable.

To  eek out what funds we have left that 5k per week has got to be reduced. When you consider that government support for employees is going to decrease and disappear. That action has to be sooner than later.

The players out of contract will be away. Sad but FFC have no choice.

The players we have in contract will either have to agree to reduced wages, payment to terminate contract, or there is a get out due to no promotion and they go as well.

Miller and McCracken is going to be a hard call. reduced wages or let them go at the end of their contract.

Like any tenant FFC has to talk to the landlord just like the rest of business and negotiate a substantial reduction in rent/lease.

With no income and no idea when circumstances  will change. I cannot see the fans putting money into the club in the volume required when rightly family priorities come first.

FFC have to address the above outgoings and do it now. Will be surprised of we don't find out this week.

I reckon we'll be planning some fund raising activities in the near future. Gary Dean's said they were going to work out a fans package  once things became clearer.  Fans have already raised 10k through the simple 50/50 tickets which hasn't been pushed that much. I'm sure therefore the fans will get involved to keep us in the game one way or the other and not having to try and dump players that are under contract to us.  No point painting financial armageddon in the mean time.

It was mentioned a long time back that he was Dixie Chicken from onef.

Who cares anyway?

He is entitled to his views, most tend not to agree with them as they are pretty extreme. He will have been a Falkirk fan longer than most on here and for that fair play to him.

Not really sure why that would harm BFL. They have done a decent job raising money and it is good now that share transactions are involved.

It is time fans pull together. BtB is still the best vehicle for that IMO.

His posting on here may harm BFL in a minor way as potential funders may not want to be associated with such a person, though they would obviously have to be in the P&B loop to be aware of his gibberish.
If he is the person that I think he is then he is a pompous wee scrote anyway.

Seems like an easy excuse if people say I'm no paying into bfl because of one person's views on covid/politics etc. Would say to me that there not really wanting to bother anyway. As long as all the cash goes to Falkirk fc then that's all.that should matter.

20 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Obviously a six figure sum isn’t significant to St Johnstone who in season 18/19 paid at least 15 players over £105,000.

😂

Considering we barely had 15 senior players in the squad at the same time that season, you're in the position of claiming we were paying folk like Ali McCann, an 18yo who made one sub appearance, over £2k a week.

But yes, dont look at the huge reserves of money and turnover of well over £2m, and just look at our support size and claim you know what's sustainable for St Johnstone. 

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon we'll be planning some fund raising activities in the near future. Gary Dean's said they were going to work out a fans package  once things became clearer.  Fans have already raised 10k through the simple 50/50 tickets which hasn't been pushed that much. I'm sure therefore the fans will get involved to keep us in the game one way or the other and not having to try and dump players that are under contract to us.  No point painting financial armageddon in the mean time.

Fair point Shadwell but like any company and business there have to be some unpalatable decisions taken and on a timeline. There will be an accountant involved that will be saying just that. Their job is to ensure the financial wellbeing and solvency of the company and not let personal feelings come into it fan or not a fan.

This is what that accountant will be saying. Having been at meetings with accountants in my business life and I can hear it now ( It still puts a shiver up my spine ) Their job is to call it as it is looking at the company books and put to the board the options of following various scenarios.

'Our finances are decreasing week on week by X amount. Estimate we can bring in X amount from the fans. We have in the bank X amount.  Here are the timelines the firm can stay solvent following options A . B . C . D. each will have a course of action and a date we would run out of money.

Not painting financial Armageddon, am being realistic and pointing out the reality of the situation.