The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Sorry, I meant the whole project. The highlights I watch on club websites vary quite a bit and that'll be attributable to various factors. I can't see how it will attract a big enough audience. Only the most committed supporters topped will take it on.

Factor in the fickleness of supporters who chuck it after 2 games because the team is shite.

PPV wouldn't work but season tickets might. Falkirk TV charge £120 for all home games and nearly all away games. Haven't watched it for years so I can't comment on the current quality or stream reliability. Still wouldn't get near to covering the cost of the games on its own though.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Which team, contact sports have taken that view? It looks like testing is part of the conditions for restarting, until that changes football is stuck with it.

There would have to be a  Risk Assessment and setting out the procedures for playing football safely. Not only for the players but those attending the game. Professional football at the level FFC are at requires crowds. Its the only way that makes it viable.

Until this pandemic is over that will incur additional expenses.

1. Players and staff safety.

2.Crowd safety.

Until there is an agreed Scottish football wide agreement on these two issues forget it.

I read today that the social distancing rules are likely to shortly be reduced to 1.5 or 1 metre as the 2 metre rule has no scientific basis.
Apparently, only one incident has been recorded of anyone being infected OUTSIDE and that was in a very close conversation.
This is the latest SAGE thinking.
In addition, if you are sitting side by side, and not facing towards each other the risk is even less.
Surely this could be a game changer!

How the hell when hundreds of thousands have had this illness many not in official stats can any stat about how and where people contracted it be anything other than guess work. I have absolutely no idea whether I caught it, inside, outside in the UK or Austria.

If you are going to throw stats to back up your argument then ffs give us one that is credible.

Prof Yvonne Doyle to the Commons Science Select Cttee

The likelihood is that you got yours indoors somewhere, probably doing some heavy apres ski boozing?

The likelihood of getting it out in the fresh air is very unlikely.

CDC in America now reporting that the virus is NOT likely to be spread from surfaces but rather from person to person.

Knowledge is constantly evolving.

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

Come off it. 7 NHS Scotland workers have died with covid-19 out of 160,000 total workforce

2,214 people in Scotland who do not work for the NHS have died with covid-19 out of the roughly 5.25m people in Scotland who don’t work for the NHS.

So the “non-NHS” group has 32 times the population of the “NHS” group yet has more than 300 times the number of deaths.

This idea that the NHS workers are a high risk group is fabricated nonsense.

This is the problem with people having access to statistics, they misuse them and think they’re smart. I’ll try to use small words and concepts, genius boy. Exposure matters...that means that if you have not had the opportunity to get the virus, you are not a valid member of the 5.25M that you so misleadingly trot out. Jesus, are you people listening to Trump over there too, or is Boris just that bad as well?

So, volunteer as an orderly in the COVID ward and report back.

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

This whole business is nonsense.

The deaths are infinitesimal and it’s time we got things moving again.

Schools should be going back for starters. Risk is almost zero.

1) Really, tell that to the dead.

2) Look at the definition of words before you use them, you’ll look less stupid.

3) Almost zero, really? Exactly what part of children dying from massive inflammatory disease did you miss?

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The likelihood is that you got yours indoors somewhere, probably doing some heavy apres ski boozing?

CDC in America now reporting that the virus is NOT likely to be spread from surfaces but rather from person to person.

So how do you get four thousand people into a stadium, watch a game, go to the toilet and buy refreshments. Then leave the stadium without person to person contact ?

Also Health and Safety and Stadium Certification demands that a stadium can be emptied within a time limit.

That will be some risk assessment and procedure. Also there would have to be training for all those involved to ensure every bodies safety. That's the staff and the customers being aware of what to do and not do at every stadium.

Its not practical and there is not one Insurance Underwriter will take it on. 

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So how do you get four thousand people into a stadium, watch a game, go to the toilet and buy refreshments. Then leave the stadium without person to person contact ?

Also Health and Safety and Stadium Certification demands that a stadium can be emptied within a time limit.

That will be some risk assessment and procedure. Also there would have to be training for all those involved to ensure every bodies safety. That's the staff and the customers being aware of what to do and not do at every stadium.

Its not practical and there is not one Insurance Underwriter will take it on. 

We’re focusing far too much on people getting the infection.

The point is - who are dying?

Its certainly not the under 70’s in any meaningful numbers.

The vast majority are those in care homes (not football attendees), the elderly, the fat and those with diabetes.

If you ask the above groups to take proper precautions, everyone else could come out of house arrest and get on with their lives,

the economy could power up, the NHS could get back to treating Patients, we could avoid extreme poverty and stop people creeping about like zombies.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The vast majority are those in care homes (not football attendees), the elderly, the fat and those with diabetes.

If you ask the above groups to take proper precautions, everyone else could come out of house arrest and get on with their lives,

the economy could power up, the NHS could get back to treating Patients, we could avoid extreme poverty and stop people creeping about like zombies.

Have you ever been to TFS?

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You have not addressed the point I raised. The reality is that people are focusing on not getting the infection. Agree with it or not its a fact. If you lift these restrictions as you propose people will not change their behaviour unless they are convinced it is safe to do so. The reasons and justification you have given will not do that.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You have not addressed the point I raised. The reality is that people are focusing on not getting the infection. Agree with it or not its a fact. If you lift these restrictions as you propose people will not change their behaviour unless they are convinced it is safe to do so. The reasons and justification you have given will not do that.

Okay, we agree to disagree.

My point is - who are dying NOT those getting the infection.

The infection is here to stay, like the flu, and we need to manage it or ruin our way of life.

Freedom with some risk or servitude - take your pick.

I know where I stand

Whatever it is fucking dangerous and a gung-ho attitude to it is certainly not the way to go.

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, we agree to disagree.

My point is - who are dying NOT those getting the infection.

The infection is here to stay, like the flu, and we need to manage it or ruin our way of life.

Freedom with some risk or servitude - take your pick.

I know where I stand

Ok ! lets go through your reply.

The people doing not getting the infection but dying are generally the same. Post pandemic enquiries will clarify the data.

Covid 19 is not like the flu ! The virus behaves in a different way. Different symptoms - Different side effects - Different long term health issues. That's not an opinion its a medical fact.

Freedom is deciding not to do something is just as valid as doing something. Beyond dispute.

Altering your behaviour to keep you and your family safe is not servitude. It is the opposite - free will.

So forcing people to do something that they fear will endanger them. Now that's what I call servitude !